Lets Try Again.. Slimming World Food and Weight Loss Diary.

I like BBC Good food recipes too - not used any Tesco ones - must try them - glad you meant pig in a good way ;)

Day 28..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B
Almond Milk - A
Strawberries and Raspberries - Speed.
Sweetener - Free.
Choc Shot - 1 syn.

= 1 syn.

Lunch -
HUGE Salad - Lettuce, Spinach, Carrot, Cucumber, Pepper, Spring Onion - Speed.
Dressing - Alpro Plain Yog, Mustard, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Jalapeno's - 1Syn.
1 Jacket Potato - Free
6 Falafel Balls - 1 syn
9g of croutons - 2 syns.

= 4 syns.

Recipe I Made -
I made some more falafel type balls again but slightly different and they come out SO good, I will stick to this one now.
2 cans of chickpeas, big handful of spinach, handful of parsley, half an onion, half a red chilli - Speed and Protein.
Cumin, Salt Pepper, Coriander, Garlic, Paprika.
Half a table spoon of peanut butter - 3 syns.
Blend it all together till smoothish, then i just place on a baking sheet and fry with fry light and bake till crispy turning half way through, if you have an air fryer they come out 10 x better in that.

This all made 16 balls, so for 8 balls it will be 1.5 syns etc. I have been making them free but i thought it might give a nice peanutty kick and some how it did make them even better and well worth every syn, the closest to the deep fried shop ones I have got so far.

Dinner -
Pizza Wedges ( Trying something new! )
I cooked some wedges in the acti fry - Free.
I made a Pizza sauce - Tin of tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Garlic, Normal Onion, Red Chilli - Speed. Added salt, pepper and some herbs.
Once they were cooked i laid them in an oven dished, topped them with the tomato sauce and then on top of that i added -
Mushrooms, Red Onion, Yellow Pepper, Spinach - Speed
and some Pineapple - Free
and baked it in the oven for a while and just before it was done, I added on some cheese for the rest of my healthy extra A.

Amazing! Really tasty and will definately do again.

With it i had 1 Vegan Spicy Quorn Burger to nibble while i was cooking - 2 syns.

=2 Syns.

Treats for after Work -
Bag of Pop Corn - 4.5 syns. -
Alpro Yog - 1.5 syns.
An apple - Speed.

= 13 Syns on the day.

Whilst looking for some idea's, i came across these - http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/almost-syn-free-bagels - I thought everyone should know about them. I am going to try them this week for a brekky, maybe with some veggie sausages, mushrooms, onions spinach and tomatoes.

Happy Slimming.Lx

Ooh your food sounds lovely - well done for making the effort - I'll be copying those soon!

Day 29..

Breakfast -
Porridge - B
Almond Milk - A
Strawberries and Raspberries - Speed.
Sweetener - Free.
Choc Shot - 1 syn.
=1 Syn.

Lunch -
Salad - Lettuce, Spinach, Carrot, Cucumber, Spring Onion - Speed.
Grated Apple - Speed.
Dressing - Alpro Plain Yog, Mustard, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, Jalapeno's - 1Syn.
1 Jacket Potato - Free
6 Falafel Balls - 1 syn

= 2 syns.

Dinner -
SW Chips - Free
Lettuce and Cucumber Salad - Speed.
Left over pizza sauce from yesterday - Chopped tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Garlic, Normal Onion, Red Chilli - Speed.
With added - Mushrooms, Red Pepper and Spinach and Stock - Speed.
Cheese - Rest of Healthy A.

Bit of a mish mash dinner, i started cooking without thinking just trying to use the sauce up but came out OK.

Alpro Chocolate Pot - 6 syns.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn - 4 syns.
= 13 syns for the day.

( I have made the mixture for the Bagels that i showed yesterday and I will be baking them tomorrow! Very exciting :) )

Happy Slimming.Lx

Lots of speed and variety there - all for 13 syns too - a great day! I'll be interested to read how the bagels turn out - could just eat one now!

Day 30..
Breakfast -
1 "Bagel" made with Healthy Extra B + half a syn.
2 Linda Sausages - 1 syn.
Half a tin of tomatoes - Speed.
Mushrooms - Speed.
Baked Beans - Free / Protein.
Brown Sauce - 1.5 syn.
= 3 syns.

( Update on the bagels - They were OK. I think they are something you have to use your imagination for haha. By no means are they like a proper bread bagel, but they can just be used in that way for some slightly similar. I think someone said they are a lot like sour dough bread which is totally right. I think you should definitely give them a go and see for yourself, i think everyone will be different, but I do think i would give them a go again, i think they would be more perfect for a cold sandwich than what i did. )

Lunch -
Had a horrific day at work so didn't really get any lunch as such, nibbled on 4 falafel balls, will call that 1 syn.

=1 syn.

Early Dinner -
Baby New Potatoes cooked in the Actifry with salt and garlic - Free.
Salad - Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Pepper - Speed.
Dressing - 4 syns.
= 4 syns

Snack -
Popcorn - 4 syns
Alpro Yog - 1.5 syns.

Evening Nibbles -
2 Falafel balls - 0.5 syn
Cucumber - Speed.
Cous Cous with Red Onion Tomatoes and Spices - Speed and free.
250ml of Alpro Dark Choc Milk - Healthy Extra A.

14 syns on the day.

Really had the worse day at work and just proud that i have ended the day on plan and on 15 syns as my mind went to - Just get a take away and eat all the chocolate in the house mode - quite quickly, but i battled it off.

Here's to a better day tomorrow!L.x

Well done on what sounds like a stressful day - hope today's much better!

Well done for not thinking bugger it!

Did you park boil the baby potatoes before you acti fried them? My son calls out actifry the chip oven 😂

Haha! Much better name!

No hun I didn't, I just shoved them all in and they took about 35 minutes, they were really nice, just like tiny jacket potatoes! Lol.

Day 31..

Spent the morning cutting the front and back gardens grass and then hoovering - Body Magiccc! Lol.

Breakfast -
Porridge - B
Chocolate Almond Milk - A
Banana - Free
( Ran out of speed! )
Sweetener - Free.

Lunch -
Again, horrible day at work, did not manage lunch, just grabbed 4 Falafel balls ( Life savers )
= Will call it 1 Syn.

Early Dinner -
New potatoes cooked in the Acti Fry - Free.
Big Salad - Lettuce, Cucumber, Carrot, and Pepper - Speed.
Alpro Mustard dressing that i made - 1.5 syn.
=1.5 Syn.

PopCorn - 4 Syns.

Evening Nibble ( Really hope this pattern the last two days ruins any loss on Thursday, hopefully back on track tomorrow with normal meals )
Oat Bagel - 6.5 Syns.
2 Falafel Balls 0.5 Syns.
Lettuce, Cucumber - Speed.

=13.5 Syns.

Happy Slimmingg L.x

Well I wouldn't be too concerned about your evening treats cos you're still within your syns - looks like a good day to me inc the exercise ;) and hope work calms down for you.

Well I wouldn't be too concerned about your evening treats cos you're still within your syns - looks like a good day to me inc the exercise ;) and hope work calms down for you.

Thank you!

Awesome! Anything that involves fewer pans to clean!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you on Thursday, but you're being sensible so I'd not fret 😊

Thank you!

I have everything crossed for tomorrow too :)x

Day 32...

Breakfast -
Porridge - B
Almond Milk - A
Strawberries - Speed.
Sweetener - Free.
Choc Shot - 0.5

Lunch -
Cheese & Broc Pasta N Sauce - 2.5 Syns.
Lots of extra added broccoli - Speed.

Dinner -
My JD Seasonings came and i ordered the burger blend so I made up some bean burgers.
1 tin of chic pea's, 1 tin of 5 bean mix - Free / Protein.
Half a grate carrot, have a chopped red onion, half a green chilli - Speed.
Salt Pepper and the Tub of Burger Spice - Free.
Blended it all together and it made 6 good sized burgers in total, all speed and free and they tasted reallyyyyyyyyy good, the spice kit was really tasty.

Had 2 of these with-
Salad and Cucmber - Speed.
SW Chips - Free. ( Used some of the chips and wedges spice pot over this and that was really nice too. )

Salad dressing - 1 syn.
Ketchup - 1 syn.

Pop Corn - 4 Syns.

9 Syns on the day!!

Its weigh in day tomorrow and im excited ive tried so hard, but would you believe star week hit today! My scales will be going right out the window if it affects in any way what so ever hahah.

Happy Slimming guys.Lx

It's a bit sad but I am rather excited for your weigh in! I'm sure you'll have done great!

Haha aw! I really hope so thanks hun, ill be posting with happiness first thing i hope! Lolll.

You really deserve a good loss after this week's planning/food/willpower - hope water retention doesn't affect you - know it'll be annoying but it WILL come off v soon - fingers crossed :classic_smile:

Weigh in number 5.....

-3lbs!!

I am really happy with that :)

It actually kept flickering between 3 and 3 and a half but I went for 3lb, and I did two big walks yesterday and this morning too, so hopefully that will help more come off next week!

Thanks for your encouraging words this week it really helped!

Happy Slimminggg.L.x

Back