Lexies Slim 'n' Save Diary

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
Morning folks!

This is day one of the Slim n Save diet for me.

Weight this morning is 15stone 6.9lbs according to my home scales. Started the day off with a lovely lie in with my boy (He's almost 6 months) and then it was time for the weighing and day planning.

B: Cafe Latte shake - hot 400ml water and my multi-vitamin and mineral, 500 ml water
L: Choc Truffa Bar and a black coffee with 2 sweetners,
D: Hazlenut shake, 500 ml water

Cafe Latte shake was nice moderately impressed.

Hope you're all having a good day.

Best of luck...I find planning my day helps me keep focused......off tesco shopping now! That will be interesting! Lol

More interesting for me is that I'm a night shift worker, so going to have been up for almost 24 hours this time tomorrow. Going to have to plan my packs around my sleep and hope it balances out.

Am thinking

3 packs today until 8pm when work starts (normal day packwise), then have more fluids when start work, then a shake at midnight (start Day 2), and try a shake at about 4am (Day2 shake 2) then home for bed and awake so bar/shake at 3-4pm end of day 2?

Good luck Lexie. I know your on 3 a day but you could always add a 4th in when your on nights. Would stop it feeling like such a long gap.

Good luck Lexie, and if it gets really difficult just have an extra pack. I'm on 3 per day but when I restarted I needed 4 on some days to get me through until ketosis hit. Much better to have an extra pack than cave.

Well sneaky weigh in on the scales show a 3.9lbs loss since yesterday. Managed on my one bar over the night shift. So bar at 12ish, then two xhakes before I go in for my next shift

Well done Lexie, I find nightshifts harder to manage unless I'm too busy to eat and then I get dehydrated !

Yah! Well done you....working shift is so hard...my hubby does and you body clock gets all over the place! Best of luck.....

Well done Lexie! xx

Well another 12hour night shift down and stuck again to my bar and water (managed 2 litres) and 1 black tea and a black coffee. Plus I make my shakes up with 400ml water so I'm getting enough fluid.

Had another wee sneaky peek on the scales and it's boding well thus far.

Think ketosis is well and truly in the house! I'm FREEZING and usually I'm a warm person and my ketone stick was a nice shade of pink this morning.

Last edited:
After ,y Ketosis update yesterday I was super hungry - threw an opened packet of biscuits in the bin so I wouldn't eat them and had an extra bar last night about midnight (usually my dinner on night shift), so holding off for a wee bit for my first shake then I'll have my other one at dinner time as normal.

It makes you realise how difficult shift work is.....I really admire you! Best of luck....

Well done on the biscuits Lexie!

So that's me 5 days in and last night had a bit of a blip on night shift - woman I work with brought me in shortbread, choc biscuits, a Mars Bar, chocolates and then the rest of them ordered a chippy :(

I had my bar at 12 midnight though, but caved and had 1 after Eight mint approx 3-4am with my tea. I'm okay with that though as I didn't a) wolf it or b) think 'feck it' and eat more.

Scales are showing a [STRIKE]good[/STRIKE] VERY good loss so far at 5 days in - 9.1lbs off!

Hope you guys are all doing well and keeping your head in the game

Well done for not caving totally Lexie. It's so hard when people do that.

Back