Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Hey, good to see you back - your thread is one of great knowledge.

Don't be too hard on yourself - lots to cope with, getting back into a routine again, and you seem to be getting there, so well done! :)

One of my faves with cauliflower is to roast it in the oven with turmeric, cumin and lemon juice (and lashings of EVOO pre-SW!) and roast for 30-40 mins till it goes crispy. Great with chicken/cous cous type thing.

xx

So I'm off work today as little one has possible croup. Just waiting for a call back from the docs. I have a jug of chicken soup in the fridge ready for lunch and had Ono for breakfast. Chicken breasts in fridge defrosting for dinner so whatever it is will also be chicken based. We have a glut of sweet potatoes so maybe I'll roast the chicken.

Aw no, hope little one is soon feeling better- a friend of mine's daughter got croup last year and it sounded horrid!
You sound very organised though which is a plus. Love sweet potatoes. Wedged and roasted with cumin and red onions is one of my favourites..

It's not fun but he has a mild case so think it's back to normal tomorrow :) on the plus side I've been really good :) woo!

I've decided to change my weigh in day to Mondays :) the theory being that Thursday is just far away enough from the weekend to "get away with stuff".

I've just made a batch of chicken soup in my soup maker for lunch. It's so thick it's more like chicken casserole. Still I'm sure it will taste yum and will keep me going. I'm teaching a full day back to back tomorrow so no time to think about snacks let alone seek one out!

I've decided to change my weigh in day to Mondays :) the theory being that Thursday is just far away enough from the weekend to "get away with stuff".

I've just made a batch of chicken soup in my soup maker for lunch. It's so thick it's more like chicken casserole. Still I'm sure it will taste yum and will keep me going. I'm teaching a full day back to back tomorrow so no time to think about snacks let alone seek one out!

Hello my dear! So good to see you back about on here!! Hope that you and your little one are ok! Yay another Monday weigher! I find it definitely keeps me on the straight and narrow, hope you enjoy your chicken soup it sounds scrumptious :)

Ruth
X

Thanks everyone. I'm being naughty and using my iPad in class whilst they work ;)

Today's chicken soup? Well you could stand a spoon up in it so I'm looking forward to it immensely. I invested in a new food flask to keep it piping hot.

I'm glad Mondays work :) clearly they do for you Ruth, you are so close you must be able to almost smell target. What does it smell of? I imagine Parma violets haha

I'm a Tuesday weigher - only because it's the only day for the local one! I agree though - beginning of the week keeps weekends in check!

Hope little one is feeling better, and you're chicken soup is working well! :)

xx

He is getting there bless him. Nothing more miserable than a poorly baby. He is normally so happy it's a really noticeable problem!! Lunch is 1.10 so hopefully my food flask has done its thing :) I'm hopeful mondays may keep me in check!!

Good to see you back. Good idea to change your weigh in day. I always weigh Mondays as then I don't go off the rails at the weekends.:)

Did you enjoy your soup?

It was very nice indeed :) I made roast red pepper and lentil tonight. It's in t'freezer as I have more chicken for tomorrow. We are getting a bit soup obsessed in the office. We all have matching flasks haha

Thanks everyone. I'm being naughty and using my iPad in class whilst they work ;)

Today's chicken soup? Well you could stand a spoon up in it so I'm looking forward to it immensely. I invested in a new food flask to keep it piping hot.

I'm glad Mondays work :) clearly they do for you Ruth, you are so close you must be able to almost smell target. What does it smell of? I imagine Parma violets haha

Mmmm I love Parma Violets hahahaha! It's getting quite hard now actually, I'm starting to worry about my portion sizes which isn't like me... but it's still coming off! Monday's are good, I'm not sure I could do another day of the week now!
Have a lovely weekend- hope that things are good with you!

Ruth
X

Well I'm technically 6lb down after ten days BUT I'm not counting it until I'm back to 15. I've always been a big gainer but the plus side is I can be a big loser too!! :)

Today I had gammon and vegetable soup. Nom nom. It was very nice. :) that and Ono for breakfast :)

Back