Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

It's been ok ish :) thanks @craftermary i had a lesson observation this week so have been busy but also had a tummy bug so that had to help!! I'm currently cooking a pasta bake made with oven roasted veg blended and mixed in with pasta :) I'll pop a small amount of cheese on top towards the end nom nom. I'm hoping that there will be enough for lunch tomorrow too

@lickthelid I'm having turkey pasta bake tonight. :)

I seem to of loss my exercise motivation but still eating well. I think it's because I'm still not getting anywhere with op dates. :-(

Are you off over half term week or do you work?

I'm off next week woohoo!! We had observation week last week and it's been so busy. I've tried to be good but I'm finding it all very hard. I'm still having my soup daily though :) are you away this break @craftermary ?

So it's half term. We took madam out today as her little bro is at the childminder. We always keep one day a week going in the hols for everyone's benefit. Cinema (I had a hot choc instead of actual choc and popcorn) and lunch after was a pizza buffet. Now I DID have pizza but I loaded up on salad first. Then had a few slices with more salad and a pint of water.

I've been using a weight lost gastric band hypnosis app for the last few nights to go to bed on. I had hypnotherapy a few years ago and it was very positive so I know I'm receptive to the concept. This one has three stages. I'm on stage one and this is every night for 14 days. Then it's stage 2 for a fortnight. Then stage three for a week I believe. Lengthy but cheaper than going to an actual therapist. Anyhoo my point being that it is working a little bit. I'm not craving naughty things. I can't say I really enjoyed lunch but it was my daughter and husbands choice so I went along with it and it was nice enough but I seemed to view the food as functional? Odd for me. Normally being out and about is license to treat, particularly the cinema as we get to go so rarely. I'm also very full so can't imagine having much for dinner. Hey ho hopefully it helps.

I Hope everyone is doing well? It's not so sunny in seaside Brighton today. We got a bit wet :(

Hypnotherapy app sounds good Sam- I hope it works well for you, sounds like the cogs are in motion already. Though it's frustrating when you don't enjoy treats the same!
Hope you're having some nice time off, and the weather picks up. It's been sunny here today but starting to cloud over, so going to fetch the washing in and change the bed. Rock n roll lol x

Hey Rosie :) yes it's a bit depressing that something's don't taste as nice. Not sure if it's the placebo effect but I can really taste the saccharine in everything. Even NAS squash that I usually drink loads of tastes different to usual. Maybe my body is responding to the suggestion of pure water very literally!! Normally things like that don't bother me in the slightest. Odd how things work. However I should be pleased it is!!

I do hope the weather picks up a bit here. It's rubbish being off when it's wet!!! Animal sanctuary tomorrow for a walk round and duck feeding :) xx

Aw that will be nice- I still love feeding the ducks (and still terrified of the geese!)
Funny you mention that- I made some syn free BBQ sauce which has added sweetener and although I didn't put much in, it's left a really awful taste in my mouth. Think I will try and avoid in future!
Seems to be having the desired effect- keep it up and report back :) hypnosis is fascinating, especially the ones where you go to sleep while listening. I should probably give it a whirl, might stop these insane dreams I keep having?!
Think the weather is due to pick up this week, fingers crossed for you! X

Ditto the geese. Evil creatures **shudder**

I've not bothered with dinner. Not in the slightest bit hungry. I agree hypnosis is Fascinating and as know it works for me I'm willing to persevere. I suppose that willingness makes it a self fulfilling prophecy to a degree. Have you ever read/watched "The Secret"? Have I asked that before?

Haha I'm still really jealous of the chickens. My husband is well aware that if we move and get a bigger garden I want an egglu!

The secret. I've only watched the "film" (its on Netflix or was for ages) but know people who have read the book. If you can get past all the universe delivers mumbo jumbo and cut through the rubbish it's about the power of positive thinking and works in line with what I understand the basics of a lot of hypnotherapy is in that you override your subconscious "can't" and replace it with a subconscious "can". They go on a lot about visualisation and how if you want something you should act like you already have it and it will come. Kind of the ultimate fake it till you make it. I believe, to a limited degree it works because by being openly positive you are more likely to ignore perceived barriers. So when I lost all my weight before I pinched an idea from it where a guy who wanted to be a millionaire wrote himself a million dollar (yes it's painfully American) cheque and pinned it above his bed. My version was a size 12 swimming costume hung up in the bedroom so I saw it every morning and, well it worked. Not just that obviously but I would look at it and imagine wearing it on holiday that year and I did!! :)

Bum it's not on Netflix anymore. Maybe Amazon have it and there are clips on YouTube I believe. I was thinking of watching it again given how it helped before.

Eglu would be good- so much easier to clean than my wooden coop. They are like little dinosaurs, which can be very cute or very scary haha.
It sounds really interesting! I agree with the 'fake it til you make it' sentiment- I find when I am at the heavier end of where I want to be, I definitely make less effort with my appearance and end up more miserable, and so the cycle continues. I'm trying to take better care of myself regardless of weight, and think more positively. And getting rid of the clothes I wear when I felt chunky was very satisfying!
I'm currently having hypnotherapy (unrelated to weight) and though I'm only on my second session, I'm hopeful of the results. It's hard to tell if I'm 'open' to it, though I think I am. I am aware of what's being said and don't 'wake up' as if from being asleep, but I definitely go into some sort of relaxation. I really hope the replacement of the subconscious from 'can't' to 'can' works.
Book sounds good- I like a good read- I'll look it up on my Kindle when it's charged up!

LTL and Poppet, could I ask for your opinion is of doing SW online? I try to follow the principles but really think I need to get more of a grip!

Unfortunately I don't have online membership! I read about it and it seemed a bit excessive cost-wise for the service you get. Though access to the syns directory would be useful at times, you don't get awards/stickers/additional help from what I can gather, so if I were to join officially I would go to group!
I find posting on here keeps me relatively accountable, but do whatever works for you!

Thanks Poppet but I can't get to a group. I have never really learnt about the syns. Maybe I should follow some diaries.

Ah I see! Yes following diaries would be an excellent start- it's where I picked up most of what I know. I was almost at target when I first went to group and it was more as moral support & so I could get a copy of the books. I think sometimes the books sell on ebay? Sam posted a thread for newbies in the Slimming World section of minimins- maybe have a ready through there too to refresh your memory & it's a good place to ask any questions if there's anything you're unsure about!

Back