Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I bought a stick blender and a nutri bullet so will be making soup when the weather cools a bit. I still have my soup flask :) :)

I've just put together a good dinner, chicken breast with new potatoes, roasted carrots and red onion and a large corn on the cob. Nom nom nom

I'm really conscious of what I'm doing and know I'll rein it in but my goodness my head feels so full of just stuff.

I will keep trying to pop in and catch up and I really appreciate you guys sticking with me :) x

I bought a stick blender and a nutri bullet so will be making soup when the weather cools a bit. I still have my soup flask :) :)

I've just put together a good dinner, chicken breast with new potatoes, roasted carrots and red onion and a large corn on the cob. Nom nom nom

I'm really conscious of what I'm doing and know I'll rein it in but my goodness my head feels so full of just stuff.

I will keep trying to pop in and catch up and I really appreciate you guys sticking with me :) x

Of course we will stick with you :) just take your time my dear! I hope that things are easing for you a bit!

Ruth
X

Mary! You are as bad as me. My husband mostly uses mine for his protein shakes haha

I Have some odd squashes in the fridge from my Abel & cole box. I may try them souped :)

Ok I have been doing some thinking and I think I know where it's all gone a bit wrong.

I started with slimming world. Fine. Then decided that the maximise it I would build in MFP to control portions. My reliance on MFP grew and I became very regimented. Not really the SW "way"

Fast forward to me going back to work and struggling to be as focused on what I'm eating due to other demands on my time and because I can't do it all I'm doing nothing. I've always been all or nothing like that.

So I've decided to take a step back. Back to slimming world principles with no MFP for now.

So today I have started with a boiled egg for breakfast (there was one languishing in the fridge) and I have already chopped up some cauli for dinner which will be had with heck sausages and green beans.

Thurs 6th Nov

Breakfast - a departure

I have decided to mix it up and have my HEXB for breakfast. As I am on a scan bran challenge week (enter the poo fairy) I have just heard the ping of my carrot cake finishing. Yes, cake, for breakfast. Who'd have thunk it?

Do you have the recipe for the breakfast carrot cake? Have you tried baked oats? I am a big fan as I hate the texture of porridge as it makes me gag.

Interesting chat with my Low Fodmap coach this week and she told me black and green tea are dehydrating so don't count towards our water count but they could contribute to an overload of liquid which would wash out nutrients.

I'm going to do some research to see if she is right. :)

Hi Sam,

Just popping by to say hi - i'm a restarter here, and know that the support of others is always helpful. Thanks for your "Calling all newbies" post - really got me back in the spirit of SW.

Hope to see you back here soon!

Flic. xx

Really! I'd have thought it of black tea with the caffeine but not green.
Let us know what you find :)

I don't know who or what to believe any more. So much conflicting information out there. The only thing they seem to all agree on is not to have more than 5 cups of green tea a day.

I hope you're ok my dear- just wanted to let you know that I miss you and can't wait until you're back on here!!

Ruth
X

I'm here I'm here!

I'm sorry I have been so useless but I really really underestimated going back to work full time. Phew.

I'm about 7lbs up ish and am not joining any challenges until my info reflects my true weight again.

I bought a soup maker and new food flask this week and lunch today was peppered cauliflower soup which was yummy. I had ONO for breakfast so haven't felt hungry today. All good.

I'm being gentle with myself but at the same time I'm slowly finding my feet again. Everything felt like a whirlwind and a few things had to give. My dedication to food was one of them. However now I'm into the routine I'm hopeful o can get it and this place back on my agenda!!! I've missed you all

Sam xx

Do you have the recipe for the breakfast carrot cake? Have you tried baked oats? I am a big fan as I hate the texture of porridge as it makes me gag.

There is a scan bran recipe thread with it on but it's basically 5 scan bran soaked in hot water and drained. Add Splenda and cinnamon. Grate in a carrot and bind with an egg. Bung in the microwave until cooked through :) yum

Back