Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Well done LTL!

Not quite one. I want to be 11st 7lb but I can well imagine me revising that to be exactly 6 st when I get there. What's 2lb between friends?!

i booked my target tattoo yesterday after a consultation. I know I'm not quite there but the time feels right. I kind of need this to remind me that the last push is do-able and not to go backwards because I have not "quite" got there

Thanks :) it was wed, was that when you posted? I have no idea what day it is at the moment. I stayed the same this week and know it was because I wasn't eating enough. I'm going to try and be better this week.

Im beginning to wonder if I want it enough at the moment. I need the compliments to dry up a bit I think haha.

5 stone? Is that all?

Come on woman - get your head into gear and get doing whatever it is you need to do to get yourself doing better. Not eating enough and blaming your minis friends for compliments - are those the best excuses you can up with? What rubbish! Shape yourself!!

(Well done on the 5st BTW. I'm sure you realise my tongue has been firmly in my cheek)

Hahaha I love you patty you always hit the nail on the head. The problem is more work than on here because on here the journey is monitored, at work everyone just keeps noticing. We had sports day last week and a few members of staff, who have been there the whole 5 years I have, didn't know who I was. As much as I love it its breeding complacency, as are the typical "you don't need to loose any more comments". I am plugging away, whether it takes 12 weeks or 12 months I'll get there. I bought some small 12 jeans and a gorgeous gharani strok designer dress in a charity shop today. Both just that little bit too small. Now I have something to aim for. I WILL get into them.

Ah yes, the old 'you don't need to lose any more' comment. Often said in jealousy because you've achieved something that the speaker has failed to do. I suggest you smile sweetly (do you do smiling sweetly? - if not, practice it!) and thank them for the comment and think 'You bet I do - just wait until we come back in September'. By then, they won't remember just how small you were at this point, anyway. If they want to know why you won't have a biscuit, or a piece of cake etc., just claim you're trying to maintain. I suppose you can also claim your vegetarianism as a reason too.

It's great that you've found something to aim at. Perhaps you could post pics of you 'stuffed into' your new items for comparison in a few weeks/months when you can get into them easily.

Not a bad idea except I can't even do them up haha. Shows the variation because I can pick up a 12 in ither shops like next or marks and it fits just fine!!!

Oh my goodness. I ate the Linda McCartney red onion and rosemary sausages today (on offer at sains - bonus) and I want to know where they have been all my life!!? Double yum. And free to boot. That and I tried almond milk as I really struggle with my hexA as I stopped drinking cows milk when I gave up regular tea. I was pleasantly surprised. I'm wary of my calcium intake dipping. I don't want my bones snapping in half and my teeth falling out. That's what happens isn't it? I'm sure I read it in the daily mail.

So my legs won't snap? I've been scared to run for the bus.

Who am I kidding? Public transport? WhatEVER! ;)

You mean you haven't had the LM sausages before? Oh my - I'm so glad you've found them. I love them in a green lentil casserole-sort of dish. Let me know if you want the recipe.

I use the almond milk on cereal or porridge. The hazelnut is good in the latter too but the jury is still out on the coconut milk I'm trying this week.

Haha - maybe not running for a bus, but possibly when pedalling your bike!

And I used it yesterday too :) well rode home from my dads. It's here now so I'm looking forward to having a go!

And I had been loyal to the quorn sausages until this week. I remember Linda McCartney ones from when they first appeared being a bit of an odd texture but, no longer. Even my carnivorous husband said they were lovely! I can see me needing to stock up somewhat. I feel like I'm eating too much now I have sworn to eat more but I just need to trust that plan. I mean, it's got me this far so who am I to question? Wednesday will show whether I was right about stalling and not enough food. Last night I mixed in some of the spicy rice with some chargrilled peppers, Aubergine and courgette. Some olive oil and it was gorgeous. I have to admit to cheating with the veg and its sainsburys pre prepared frozen chargrilled veg (no extras added I checked) but you would never have known. I made so much of that blimmin rice I'll be eating it again tonight. Possibly tomorrow too! Argh!! Oh well. Cuts down on the potato.

Oh and yes please to the recipe if you have a min to tap it out. I have lentils and I have sausages. So I'm always looking for something gorgeously yummy :) thanks Patty

Your wish etc.

Patty's LM Red Onion and Rosemary sausages with green lentils.

Ingredients

1 pack LM sausages, thawed and each chopped into 3 or 4 pieces
1 large red onion, peeled and finely chopped
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
3 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
200g dried green lentils
700ml vegetable stock, or 550ml stock and 150ml red wine (optional)
Rosemary to taste

Recipe method

Cook the onion, carrots and celery gently for a few minutes until softened.
Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the sausages, lentils, rosemary, stock and wine, if using.
Cover with foil and a lid and simmer gently for 25 minutes or until the lentils are cooked.

Good served with 'fried' mushrooms (and eggs for non-veggies).

Simple but it is important to thaw the sausages or else they won't be cooked by the time the lentils are ready. Last time I made it, I used 500ml of stock and 200ml of pasatta which was tasty but I should have added a bit more stock as it was quite thick. Oh, and I cook it in either my wok or for around 4.5 hours on high in a slow cooker. It reheats well in the microwave too.

Another recipe for you Sam :D I've not tried it yet but it sounds yummy!!

Broccoli Risotto Balls with Garlic Tomato Sauce

RISOTTO BALLS:
150g cooked broccoli, roughly mashed
300g cooked rice
2 eggs, whisked
1 tsp onion flakes
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

SAUCE:
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tsp parsley
Salt and pepper

To make the risotto balls combine the ingredients in a bowl. Heat the oven to 200°c. Then heat a frying pan sprayed with fry light. Scoop tablespoons of the mixture and mould into 16 balls with your hands. Brown them in batches in the pan in frylight. Then place all the balls on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 30 minutes to allow them to finish browning and firm up.

Meanwhile make the sauce... cook the finely chopped onion and garlic in fry light. In a jug, using a hand blender, blend the tin of tomatoes and half of the garlic and onion mix. Then pour the tomato sauce into the pan to mix with the remaining garlic and onion. Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.

Risotto balls best served hot with the hot tomato sauce on the side.

Syn free on EE or Green plans. This recipe serves 2.

My word. Thanks both of you! They both sound amazing. Making me hungry for lunch!!! I can't wait to have some spare time for trying them all out!

Back