Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better, and seeing that nice big loss has cheered you up, you may not have lost it the easiest way but I can understand how seeing it on the scales would give you a big boost :)

Happy Anniversary and hope you have a better time of it this week...

Glad you're feeling better :D and well done on the 4lbs! I'm not a big believer in BMI either (and thankfully nor is my GP)I have been in my 'ideal BMI' zone before (as in before BMI was even heard of) and I looked absolutely haggard and ill. That was when I was 30 so I'm pretty certain it wouldn't look any better on me 18 years later ;)

Yeah BMI is a crock because it doesn't take account of any factors like sex (as in gender not whether you are getting some) body shape, breasts and so on. Even so its a minor victory. I'll take my victories where I can find them at the moment, particularly this close to crimbo :). Only one week of school left after this. Phew

Morning,

Here to subscribe! Read every page and must say I have laughed LOTS!!! Well done on your 4lb loss and the weight you have lost so far, you are doing brill. Oh and Happy Anniversary :)

Look forward to popping in daily and catching up.

Ang x

Well done on the loss laydee...bet it felt good updating your stats today... 3 stone... wow :) .... oh and Happy Anniversary....Hope you're having a nice meal to celebrate :)

:happy096: on breaching that 3 stone barrier! 4lbs loss for the week is fantastic (despite the horrible way you had to achieve it), and while we all know the BMI classifications are sweeping generalisations it's no fun being classed as 'obese' :eek: so being classed as 'overweight' is a victory (even if we have to use 'their' classification system) - well done you :)

And congratulations on your anniversary, I hope you have a lovely day (and you're all fully recovered!) xx

Thanks everyone :) xxx

Thursday 12th Dec

Am I being sensitive?

I probably am and feel free to tell me so. I am in two challenges. The crimbo drop 7lbs one and the Dec challenge. Normally when you lose on these people give you a little pixelated pat on the back. A little yay you in the form of a like or a little comment. When I posted my 4lb loss they both just got ignored. :(

This forum is my group, you guys my slimming world family. Am I being a little sensitive in that I felt a little.....passed over? Everyone else gets acknowledged. Maybe they don't believe me or its because I lost it through illness. I guess we are all purists on our own way!! I'll gain it all back next week, you see. I bet they like THAT!!! ;)

oh and back in the sick bed. A chest infection related relapse. Gah, when will this EVER END????!!!

Oh Sam, how annoying!
I think your sensitivity is warranted- I would have hurtfeelings too.
The thrill of your loss deserves the buzz given when you arecongratulated.
I do think people are a little wrapped up (lol!) in theirown festive issues right now- weight related and otherwise.
I know that I have only really been reading minimins butnever (seem to) have chance to write on it. Maybe I should make more of aneffort?
Yesterday my “Wednesday weighers” thread was dead during theday and I felt really unsettled as I too enjoy the sense of community- that’s whatminimins is for.

We’re all over the moon for you and your 4lb loss. I’m surethe others are too, but they’re just not making as much effort as usual as theyhave lots on their minds.

I’m so sorry you’re poorly- hopefully getting it out the waybefore the big day.
Take care and chin up!! xxxxxxx

Thursday 12th Dec

Am I being sensitive?

I probably am and feel free to tell me so. I am in two challenges. The crimbo drop 7lbs one and the Dec challenge. Normally when you lose on these people give you a little pixelated pat on the back. A little yay you in the form of a like or a little comment. When I posted my 4lb loss they both just got ignored. :(

This forum is my group, you guys my slimming world family. Am I being a little sensitive in that I felt a little.....passed over? Everyone else gets acknowledged. Maybe they don't believe me or its because I lost it through illness. I guess we are all purists on our own way!! I'll gain it all back next week, you see. I bet they like THAT!!! ;)

oh and back in the sick bed. A chest infection related relapse. Gah, when will this EVER END????!!!

Maybe people are a little jealous of the 4lbs? Maybe they have themselves fallen headfirst into a vat of chocolate santa's? Perhaps they have been trampled to death in a rush at Selfridges? Possibly snowed in, or trapped in ice? All things are possible. However the best feeling of all is the knowledge that you have acheived a goal you have set yourself - well done!

Ahh thanks guys. I know its quiet around here at the moment. For all the reasons Seacrest mentioned...and more. Its going to be manic in Jan with those that jump on the weightloss/resolution bandwagon (I hope it's reinforced so it can carry all of us!!) and so this is the calm before then veritable syn storm. :)

lol at reinforcing the bandwagon!

Maybe they have themselves fallen headfirst into a vat of chocolate santa's?

This made me literally LOL ... thank goodness I'm the only one here ;)

That's a real shame Sam :( 4lbs is a fantastic loss and you deserve to have it acknowledged so here goes :D :bighug::happy096:

Sorry to hear that you're poorly again though - as if Christmas wasn't stressful enough! Hope you feel better once the antibiotics kick in. I bet you can't wait until the end of term!

I don't think you are being sensitive at all, I joined the group too as I thought it would help keep me on track but I only report my weight on there now as I feel a bit like I have barged in on someone elses conversation but now I am standing there I can't walk away :)

Your true support comes from those who have subscribed to your diary anyhoo...

Really sorry to hear that you have a chest infection now, I hope you are going to see the Doc!

Back