Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Oh I hope so. I've already prewarned my husband, no talk of naughtiness (food based you cheeky people) until Christmas itself. I'm so so keen for it to say 13 something on the 25th!

Wednesday 18th Dec

Argh it happened early!!

13st 13lb on the scales this morning!! I can barely believe it. I was fully expecting to have an STS or even a little gain. I've hammered the scan bran though. Maybe that's why. Whatever the reason I offer up a prayer to the gods of Slimming World. I have not weighed in the 13s since my teens. In fact I can't actually remember. I am so pathetically happy right now :)

Fantastic news! That has to be the best Christmas present! Well done :)

I bought some scan bran but haven't plucked up the courage to try it yet. I have only just conquered weetabix! :D

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

Fantastic news! That has to be the best Christmas present! Well done :)

I bought some scan bran but haven't plucked up the courage to try it yet. I have only just conquered weetabix! :D

Sent from my smarter than me phone

Using MiniMins.com App

ha yes it's acquired taste but I find having it topped or made into cake actually makes it fairly palatable. You do need to be prepared to up your fluids though. I swear to god that the combination of that and lots of water actually cleans you out inside. It's like wd40 for your tummy!!

ha yes it's acquired taste but I find having it topped or made into cake actually makes it fairly palatable. You do need to be prepared to up your fluids though. I swear to god that the combination of that and lots of water actually cleans you out inside. It's like wd40 for your tummy!!

Haha! How can I resist it now that you have made it sound so appealing! I will try the cake route :)

Have you come down off the ceiling yet? :D

What a fantastic Christmas present you've given yourself! I've found dropping into the next stone bracket really spurred me on. Get another few 100% days under your belt (!) before Christmas and you can enjoy your treats.

For Scan bran virgins I can confirm Sam's description! For your first attempt I would advise picking a time when you have no social engagements - preferably a time when you're staying at home - and be prepared for a tummy that feels like a washing machine. It does improve on subsequent use - or so I found.

oh Sam I'm so chuffed for you!!
Many Congrats pal! :-D

:happy036:

Thanks guys! :) I'm so pleased. I'm hoping with a 100% week coming up I may eat into the 13s sufficiently to buffer my Christmas and the inevitable cheese and Pringles. ;) xx

Quietly slips Scan Bran to back of cupboard ;)

Haha. Go on give it a try. I totally agree with Patty though, be at home. As you get used to it your system adjusts accordingly but it certainly does the "job" if you catch my not very subtle drift!!! There is a scan bran challenge which I have done a few times where scan bran is used as your hex b every day for a week. You can pretty much guarantee at least 2lb off if you do that!!

Thanks guys! :) I'm so pleased. I'm hoping with a 100% week coming up I may eat into the 13s sufficiently to buffer my Christmas and the inevitable cheese and Pringles. ;) xx

Fingers crossed - that would feel amazing!

For the scanbran virgins, you can always start slow. I can manage it topped with something fancy like quark and smoked salmon. But I usually have 2.5 pieces and something else for the other half of my hexb. It definitely helps!

First - well done on getting into the 13's - great job! You sound really pleased - and you should be :26:

Second - caution to the scan bran convertees - if you don't deal well with this type of heavy fibre you may have the opposite reaction - big blockage & great discomfort - even if you drink litres of water. Find out how you react before launching into a week's worth! :eek:

First - well done on getting into the 13's - great job! You sound really pleased - and you should be :26:

Second - caution to the scan bran convertees - if you don't deal well with this type of heavy fibre you may have the opposite reaction - big blockage & great discomfort - even if you drink litres of water. Find out how you react before launching into a week's worth! :eek:

Yes that happened to me when I tried for a second week in a row. You need to seriously up the fluid and rest your system!!

Have read all the scan bran advice thanks ladies! :)

I think I will leave it at the back of the cupboard for now, perhaps after Christmas and New Year I will be in the need of a "boost" so to speak and make sure I try it when I will be safely at home! Knowing my luck I will have just finished a big helping then get called into work on Reception for the day :D :eek: :D

Oh yes it will certainly keep me on track over Christmas. I still plan to have Christmas Day and Boxing Day off as such but will be sensible within that rather than seeing it as a license to go crazy :)

I couldn't do this without minimins though, you guys are like the best group ever!! Xx

Ok I'm putting this on NSVs in a second but I just bought a top, in AllSaints, in a fecking MEDIUM!!! Ok ok it's an oversized one but the large (14) was mahoosive and looked stupid. The medium (12) looks amazing. My husband had taken it away to wrap it up as its a present but I actually cried.

I have always wanted something from there. Preferably a leather jacket, but hey I'll take that all day long!!!

Back