Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

It is a shame that your achievements haven't been acknowledged but I think Kimberley has said it all. The important thing is that you know that you met your challenges so give yourself a big pat on the back.

There are a few little 'friendship groups' on here - I prefer not to call them cliques - and they can be difficult to break into as they've known each other for a while and I think they don't really notice others who join in. I'm sure no-one really means to exclude or ignore anyone but at this time of year, when there's so much going on, people possibly aren't really taking much notice.

Don't worry about anyone else but please, get better soon. Have you checked whether you need anti-bs?

It is a shame that your achievements haven't been acknowledged but I think Kimberley has said it all. The important thing is that you know that you met your challenges so give yourself a big pat on the back.

There are a few little 'friendship groups' on here - I prefer not to call them cliques - and they can be difficult to break into as they've known each other for a while and I think they don't really notice others who join in. I'm sure no-one really means to exclude or ignore anyone but at this time of year, when there's so much going on, people possibly aren't really taking much notice.

Don't worry about anyone else but please, get better soon. Have you checked whether you need anti-bs?

No anti-bs for two reasons. I'm 90% sure this is viral so they won't touch it anyway and I don't believe in taking them unless I really really have to! I'm paracetamol all the way baby :)

thanks guys. I knew I was being a weeny bit over sensitive. :). I love you guys though xx

I've gone out and guerrilla comedied the forum. I was bored. It's too quiet so I tried for contention. I am a bolshy lone wolf....hear me quack

If you liked the soup bit you should check out my rant on aspartame. Even I think I outdid myself there. I'm too easily bored that's my problem.

Saw that too! I'm a bit wary of aspartame myself, though mainly cos I got addicted to Red Bull over the last few years and it's one of the many chemicals in there. I still drink loads of Coke. TBH I think being a healthy weight will do me much more good than avoiding aspartame for now! You're quite right everything's full of scare stories nowadays.

My woy with wards? Think I upset a consultant by suggesting Slimming World was a bit like Hitlers Nazi regime too. I really went all out today :)

Ho hum, a lot of nuance is lost online ;)

Love your comment about the soup, so witty.
I don't think the consultant was impressed though, Ooppss.
no but to be fair I did go on to allude to the nazi regime and blind adherence to slimming world. Oh well, I love a bit if contention in the mornings. Clears out the nasal passages.

Tuesday 17th Dec

Phlegm

Urgh. Why is there so much and what's the point of it? My chest is rattling like a draughty window and nothing is coming out!!

Today is my last "proper" day at school. Friday is a write off as the kids are uncontrollable on the last day of term. So today I'm thinking.....Forrest Gump? Woohoo

Thursday 12th Dec

Am I being sensitive?

I probably am and feel free to tell me so. I am in two challenges. The crimbo drop 7lbs one and the Dec challenge. Normally when you lose on these people give you a little pixelated pat on the back. A little yay you in the form of a like or a little comment. When I posted my 4lb loss they both just got ignored. :(

This forum is my group, you guys my slimming world family. Am I being a little sensitive in that I felt a little.....passed over? Everyone else gets acknowledged. Maybe they don't believe me or its because I lost it through illness. I guess we are all purists on our own way!! I'll gain it all back next week, you see. I bet they like THAT!!! ;)

oh and back in the sick bed. A chest infection related relapse. Gah, when will this EVER END????!!!

I would like to say at times I feel the way you do , and feel as though I am butting in on diaries now "I read and run" and press the like button.. :rolleyes:

Please feel free to read and run and ironically you didn't? ;)

Weigh in tomorrow. After last weeks 4lb illness loss I'll be pleased to just maintain or even if I gained 1lb or something it wouldn't be too bad. After all that's just because I'm actually eating again now. Then next weigh in is Xmas day itself so I'm really going to try and go all out this week so I can hopefully get into the 13s. That would be an amazing Christmas present to myself! I can't even remember the last time I saw that number on the scales. Certainly not in my adult life anyway!!
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!

Back