Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Haha.

On another not wholly unrelated note. I made the cheese from 0% total and added garlic and cracked black pepper. It's come out like Philadelphia so not as dry as some of the pictures people have posted so I have decanted it into a mini Tupperware for work to spread on my scan bran. Its garlicky though so my year 10s best watch out after lunch. Mint tea anyone?

Bet it doesn't taste as good as it smells!

Haha.

On another not wholly unrelated note. I made the cheese from 0% total and added garlic and cracked black pepper. It's come out like Philadelphia so not as dry as some of the pictures people have posted so I have decanted it into a mini Tupperware for work to spread on my scan bran. Its garlicky though so my year 10s best watch out after lunch. Mint tea anyone?

Bet it doesn't taste as good as it smells!

Oh I keep meaning to try this & either I forget the yogurt or it's not in stock. Let me know what you think of it & was it worth the hassle :)

It was better than I expected although a little less lemon an a little more salt would help. The muslin that unused was quite close knit and so it didn't drain as well as expected and ended up a kind of Philadelphia consistency which with the garlic was soooo nice when topping the scan bran. I'd definitely try it again and would certainly pop this on a jacket potato or stir it through some pasta. Really good. And syn free!! Massive bonus!! :)

2lb off this week. Wheeeee! That's the Xmas weight gone and and extra 1 into the bargain :)

2lb off this week. Wheeeee! That's the Xmas weight gone and and extra 1 into the bargain :)

Well done. Your definatly going in the right direction now :)

Ahh thanks guys. Reckon it was my home made garlic cheese. It was sooo garlicky it burnt off the extra 1lb haha. I'm going to make some more!! Oh and this is my "day off" cooked breakfast. I'm calling it "Breakfast Mess". Normally I'm a fruit and yoghurt person in the mornings but it's been a lazy one with little one just wanting to chill so have gone for a cooked option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 96
Wednesday 22nd Jan

PAY DAY WHERE ARE YOU?

I know that the local authority did think it was doing us a favour to pay us before Christmas but that has made January into a flipping 6 week month between pay days. I'm so poor. Pay me already!!!! Argh. Not until NEXT Friday will I see the fruits of my labours. I quote (the totally mental and freaky) Tom Cruise when I shout "Show me the MONEY!!" Actually I inserted an expletive in between 'me' and 'the' that rhymes with ducking. Arghhhh

On the job front too, today was the closing date for a job I have applied for elsewhere so I am hoping they may want to interview me so I'm crossing my fingers for an email or phone call in the next couple of days.

Wednesday 22nd Jan

PAY DAY WHERE ARE YOU?

I know that the local authority did think it was doing us a favour to pay us before Christmas but that has made January into a flipping 6 week month between pay days. I'm so poor. Pay me already!!!! Argh. Not until NEXT Friday will I see the fruits of my labours. I quote (the totally mental and freaky) Tom Cruise when I shout "Show me the MONEY!!" Actually I inserted an expletive in between 'me' and 'the' that rhymes with ducking. Arghhhh

On the job front too, today was the closing date for a job I have applied for elsewhere so I am hoping they may want to interview me so I'm crossing my fingers for an email or phone call in the next couple of days.

I sympathise! What's the potential new job?

I sympathise! What's the potential new job?

Its called a "welfare officer" its kind of a blend between first aid and child protection. I am looking to do something more pastoral. I want to be responsible for something more than results on a sheet of paper :)

I'm probably either vastly under or over qualified though :(

Its called a "welfare officer" its kind of a blend between first aid and child protection. I am looking to do something more pastoral. I want to be responsible for something more than results on a sheet of paper :)

I'm probably either vastly under or over qualified though :(

Gosh - quite a change? I assumed it would be law based, given your current profession.

Gosh - quite a change? I assumed it would be law based, given your current profession.

Well yes and no as I teach law in a school already so its kind of a sideways step but there is talk of reducing my groups next year due to this new ebacc thing dreamt up by Michael gove. So I'm looking elsewhere and this would be similar money but more hours which is a bummer but might be necessary if my hours were to go down in my current role. :(

Well yes and no as I teach law in a school already so its kind of a sideways step but there is talk of reducing my groups next year due to this new ebacc thing dreamt up by Michael gove. So I'm looking elsewhere and this would be similar money but more hours which is a bummer but might be necessary if my hours were to go down in my current role. :(

Ah. doesn't sound too good. Teaching law sounds very interesting, but of course hours are necessary. Would you consider going into law as a profession?

I would but my degree was 10 years ago so it wouldn't be that simple and the costs involved are designed to weed people out. :( I have thought about it a few times. Maybe when little one starts school its a route I could further explore.

I like working in a school though. Holidays aside it's not a bad atmosphere but, as you say, hours are everything.

Saturday 25th January

Clean Weeks and Cheats

Ive sworn to have a full, clean 100% on plan week. The last two weeks have been a total of 3lb loss but I confess to having asda make your own pizza and garlic bread both of those weeks. Only 1 meal and I spend the rest of the week playing catch up with syns so not exactly on plan as such in that I restrict my syns to make up for it. But I have still lost over those weeks. So I want to see if a clean week allows for a whoosh kind of loss. If the loss is less or equal to previous weeks I am going to declare Asda create your own pizza a weight loss food and not feel so guilty if I have it next time!!

Saturday 25th January

Clean Weeks and Cheats

Ive sworn to have a full, clean 100% on plan week. The last two weeks have been a total of 3lb loss but I confess to having asda make your own pizza and garlic bread both of those weeks. Only 1 meal and I spend the rest of the week playing catch up with syns so not exactly on plan as such in that I restrict my syns to make up for it. But I have still lost over those weeks. So I want to see if a clean week allows for a whoosh kind of loss. If the loss is less or equal to previous weeks I am going to declare Asda create your own pizza a weight loss food and not feel so guilty if I have it next time!!

I was hoping to do the same but I'd forgot its a curry night tonight with the scooter club :) x

Nooo not curry. That would be my downfall!!!

Back