Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Haha, I'm a bit on the fence with aspartame. I suspect it may be dodgy re the blood sugar thing so personally I have it sparingly and avoid giving it to the kids (I'd rather have small quantities of sugar.) Dh thinks it tastes grim.

Just had to pop over too read it and add my half hapney!! I think your opinion is sound and logical! F€<k um

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

Haha, I'm a bit on the fence with aspartame. I suspect it may be dodgy re the blood sugar thing so personally I have it sparingly and avoid giving it to the kids (I'd rather have small quantities of sugar.) Dh thinks it tastes grim.

You see the irony being that I have no real opinion on aspartame. I won't go out of my way to avoid it nor do I seek it out its just that I can't understand how people jump on the bandwagon when there is no evidence of their being directly affected! Its a bit of a sheep mentality for some. Not all I hasten to add and those that avoid it because of genuine concerns I understand but you can guarantee those swapping their brand of sugar free squash still eat their mullers, drink their vodka and in some cases smoke their cigarettes with abandon. I just think its about priorities. If its a known danger avoid it. Don't be scared of something that's unknown.

That sounds entirely logical. I doubt sugar is much better (I'm semi avoiding it too) but I need to re educate my palate full stop so it's less excited by sweetness to help eventual maintenance!

I kicked my serious diet coke habit with a period off diets (it made me sick when pregnant!) Now it tastes awful. I'm drinking fizzy water instead.

I used to drink a lot of Pepsi max. I still partake occasionally but it once turned my wee green and that freaked me out haha. Now its a treat rather than a staple. :)

I don't think it does it as standard. I went through a phase of drinking it by the pint. Nothing is good for you in those quantities. Sometimes too much green tea does it too but that worries me less haha. Its green by nature.

Ok I'm calling it. Pizza is officially weightloss food.

This is week I was 200% on plan. Nothing slipped past these lips. I lost 1lb. That's fine :)

Last week I had asda create your own (not a small one) AND garlic bread (with cheese), spent the week playing syn-catch-up and lost 2lb!!!

The week before we had one too and I lost 1lb that week too.

Conclusive proof that one meal a week does not ruin!!! It's scientifically proven. By me. In my house. End of.

Well we all know what you've got for dinner tonight then!
Well done for getting rid of another pesky pound!!

My god do I love pizza

well done on the loss. A little bit of what you fancy every now and a gain does wonders for you. xx

Ok I'm calling it. Pizza is officially weightloss food. This is week I was 200% on plan. Nothing slipped past these lips. I lost 1lb. That's fine :) Last week I had asda create your own (not a small one) AND garlic bread (with cheese), spent the week playing syn-catch-up and lost 2lb!!! The week before we had one too and I lost 1lb that week too. Conclusive proof that one meal a week does not ruin!!! It's scientifically proven. By me. In my house. End of.
Nice one on the loss, I know what I've having for tea...!!!! :) x

Saturday 1st Feb

"Ch...Ch...ch...changes...."

I'm channelling David Bowie. Or I would be were he not still with us traversing this mortal plain we call life. I've had a slow but important epiphany (note to self, can an epiphany, by definition, be slow?) in that I look different. I stand different. I am more confident, and for the first time in I can't even remember I like what I see in the mirror. I have stopped fighting my natural hair, I have lost weight and I have finally conquered liquid eyeliner (well most of the time). The other day I intimidated a TA at work purely by being nice to him and giving him a big smile. He dithered, and during our conversation fiddled with everything he could get his hands on (easy...) including opening and shutting the same locker door about 30 times. I did that. I ordered some new funky glasses today. I don't wear them much but I want new ones, trendy ones.

Am I getting vain or have I ugly-duckling-ed into my 30s? I'm not done with SW yet. I have about 2 stone to go realistically but I now get why I have embarked upon this. It's amazing. :)

Saturday 1st Feb "Ch...Ch...ch...changes...." I'm channelling David Bowie. Or I would be were he not still with us traversing this mortal plain we call life. I've had a slow but important epiphany (note to self, can an epiphany, by definition, be slow?) in that I look different. I stand different. I am more confident, and for the first time in I can't even remember I like what I see in the mirror. I have stopped fighting my natural hair, I have lost weight and I have finally conquered liquid eyeliner (well most of the time). The other day I intimidated a TA at work purely by being nice to him and giving him a big smile. He dithered, and during our conversation fiddled with everything he could get his hands on (easy...) including opening and shutting the same locker door about 30 times. I did that. I ordered some new funky glasses today. I don't wear them much but I want new ones, trendy ones. Am I getting vain or have I ugly-duckling-ed into my 30s? I'm not done with SW yet. I have about 2 stone to go realistically but I now get why I have embarked upon this. It's amazing. :)
Good on you....LOVE IT !!!!! xx

My subscription runs out in one week so I have one week left of syns online etc before it goes. So going to try a couple of red days before then to be able to mix it up bit. Can anyone correct me if I'm wrong here....2 of both HEXs, free food is basically lean protein (meat and fish) and fruit and veg for superfree. In terms of syns it's still 15 but I take the red syn value. So if I were to plan a fry up (grilled obvs) tonight my quorn sausages would still be 1 syn each?

Any advances on this??

Yes that correct, but don't forget that things like potatoes, peas, baked beans for example, need to be Synned or taken as a HEx.

If you have a hunt around on the website whilst you can, you should be able to find a sheet of the HExs for both the Red and Green plans. They certainly provided them a year or so ago but I remember it wasn't that easy to find them.

Well done on the weight loss and the resulting gain in self-esteem/confidence and long may they continue. You are doing so well.

Back