Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Happy Birthday Sam hope you had a good day, its mine too today 21+VAT again ..... lol

Yes I popped over to your diary to express my wishes and the surprise at the co-incidence! I hope you had a lovely day Sheila :)

mine spills over into today a little as it's my day off but probably will be no worse than a cheeky slice of cake because we are all meeting up at our local animal sanctuary to feed the ducks and they have a lovely cafe.... ;). I like the 21+ vat. Unfortunately I'm 30 + vat (although at a reduced rate...) haha. Xx

Wow Sam - just want to say a huge congrats on your loss so far. I have fallen off the wagon for a few months and the last time I was here you had lost 3 stone 3lbs if my memory serves me correctly. Looking at your results I'm really kicking myself for falling off the wagon! I'm rejoining tonight and I'm gonna use your thread for some inspiration!! Well done x :)

Wow Sam - just want to say a huge congrats on your loss so far. I have fallen off the wagon for a few months and the last time I was here you had lost 3 stone 3lbs if my memory serves me correctly. Looking at your results I'm really kicking myself for falling off the wagon! I'm rejoining tonight and I'm gonna use your thread for some inspiration!! Well done x :)

we all do it :) thank you though, lovely of you to say so. I'm sure you will rediscover the mojo. I'm expecting a small gain or at best an STS this week after a bit of birthday frivolity but hey, life doesn't stop for slimming world :) x

Thank you to all the lovely mins for your wishes. :)

scales show 2 lb up but it's not staying. I refuse to let it. By proper WI I intend to be back to 12st 7lb!!!

Hi Sam, just working my way through parts of your diary (not all of it I'm afraid, not enough time and brainpower), but am very impressed with your losses. I want them!
By the way, on the whole spirulina discussion, I'm quite an advocate of the old algae, I take it after every time I have been on medication like antibiotics. And I have been on some pretty nasty stuff as well (currently on another round of treatment!) and I lost so much hair from it and felt like death warmed up. Well, after I had come off the treatment, I took spirulina, wheatgrass and physillim husk to cleanse the liver in particular. And within a couple of months, the hair loss stopped and I started picking up again. So I shall be doing the same thing this time around. Saying that, I will take them in capsule form. I used to drink the powders. Oh my word. It's instant freeze-dried sickness. Blergh. Are you still on the spirulina?

Thank you :) Yes I'm taking it daily with flaxseed capsules, a b-vit and a multi bit with iron. My skin looks the best I've ever seen it after a week on it. I think Id opt for tablets next time. Its bearable, just, but I have it straight and just get it down in three big gulps. That said, this morning there was a lump.....I nearly heaved. I tend to follow it up with a glass of no added sugar Ribena! How long did you take it for consecutively? I'm a bit run down (sore throat) and hoping it will help carry me through!!

Yes I popped over to your diary to express my wishes and the surprise at the co-incidence! I hope you had a lovely day Sheila :)

mine spills over into today a little as it's my day off but probably will be no worse than a cheeky slice of cake because we are all meeting up at our local animal sanctuary to feed the ducks and they have a lovely cafe.... ;). I like the 21+ vat. Unfortunately I'm 30 + vat (although at a reduced rate...) haha. Xx

Haha I wish I was even the spritely age of 30 + VAT unfortunately im on the far side of 30 lol. Im off to Leeds tomorrow until Saturday with OH for my birthday treat. God help me at the scales next week. Knowing my luck my 1st week at target will be a gain haha

Maybe the birthday fairy will smile upon you :) and you have a loss. I'm definitely in line for an STS at best. Oh well. It's only the 6th may once a year! X

I fell over at work today. My back hurts and I'm laying down with an ice pack and some codeine. Owie :(

I don't like taking medicines if I can help it. The last time I took codeine it slowed my losses but I gave in. Boo hiss. I was wearing flat shoes too. Some careless child had dropped food in the canteen. Worst of it was that it was break time so it was pretty much in front of the whole school. Argh!!

Oh rest up well LTL. Hope the pain subsides

Ow! I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks guys. The pain reappeared after the codeine wore off and I'm out of them so I'm onto the ibuprofen now. I'm sure I'll be ok but I made sure to log it with the relevant person....like you say Patty... Just in case. A good nights sleep will help

Back