Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Haha I know that feeling!!!

Yes it's the getting up out of bed 4 times a night and hefting around an 8 week old that already weighs a stone!! How is that even possible?? My daughter was tiny and this little one was average birth weight. I reckon he is at the biscuit jar when I'm not looking. Maybe I should put him on slimming world.

Here's a thought, I wonder if a lower fat diet = lower fat milk? Hmm. I think our bodies are too clever for that but all sorts crosses into the milk, like alcohol for example. Maybe a large pepperoni deep pan is putting it on to him too. A moment on the lips a lifetime on HIS hips.

Ahh thanks guys! Long way to go but it's a nice first step. I'm starting to feel better too. Getting that slimming world "glow" and I know you know what I mean!! I'm definitely far less sluggish. Of course that could be the fact that the little man slept from 7pm to 2.30am and then again until 5.30 night before last but now he has a horrid cold

Is there anything more abjectly miserable than a baby with a bad cold?

Ahh but he is a male baby

I win

Baby man flu!!

Well done on the loss Sam ! I remember (quietly) reading your posts a while ago. Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy. That's fab news.

Am I right in thinking you were edging towards becoming vegan ?

Lots of luck and will be more vocal this time cheering you on :)

Ah thanks Jilly :)

Yes I was borderline vegan back then but am now more flexitarian. I find it's easier with this plan and actually being so strict with myself before added to wagon falling off of so I'm trying to be a bit more generous with myself (and a bit less ethical!!!!)

The boy is still really snotty and grumpy which is getting a bit old haha thanks for asking Jessie. I'm thinking of taking him up and trying for a nap as last night was a bad one!!!! :eek:

So no nap for me today....again *yawn*

mr LTL is out and not back until after 8 (does anyone else go mmmm minty chocolate goodness when they read that phrase? No? Just me then) so it's a late din dins for me. This led me to thinking. Those of us that weigh in on the A.M, do you have a lighter tea the night before? I'm thinking that it won't matter what I do as long as I'm consistent but it's really tempting to have a small meal tomorrow night!! What do you do? Or as cadburys would phrase it (theme much in this post??) how do you eat yours??

Oooh interesting, I never thought of a heavy evening meal showing up on the scales the next day ? I naughtily do know though that if I WI after a boozy night I weigh less the next day due to dehydration !

ps. "flexitarian" Do they eat kettle leads ?

Last edited:
Mmmmm After 8's.... Nom.

Yeah when I used to weigh in in the AM I used to avoid big stodgy teas like pasta as I tended to see not as good a loss if I scoffed the night before. Maybe have a big meal but lighter on the carbs side...

Mmmm Creme Egg.... Damn you LTL!!!

[QUOTE="jilly, post: 7895308, member: 7557]

ps. "flexitarian" Do they eat kettle leads ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes we do :)

WI

Tomorrow morning marks the end of week 2 and the end of scan bran week. After a good first loss last week I'm sure to be happy with anything really!!!

Scan bran is interesting stuff. By interesting I mean tasteless. However it is greater than the sum of its parts and is actually quite versatile an ingredient. Dependant upon how I have done I may do a second week, if nothing else it keeps you regular....I've not missed a bus all week ;)

Who am I kidding? I don't use public transport

I've never tried scan bran - is it like ryvita? If so then I'd definitely be avoiding it like the plague - my stomach made all sorts of awkward noises which made people steer well clear of me. Haha!

Kind of like Ryvita yes but pretty much bits of bran glued together with the taste and texture of cardboard. I'm not selling it am I??

Back