Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Hey Rosie! Yes we need to get it moving :) I'm trying to reply to as many threads as I can to get it rolling! It will take time but we will do it!!

Why couldn't the second one be a sleeper too?

45 mins max in the day. Twice at best
2 hours max at night. Absolute tops.

Babies of this age are supposed to sleep 15-18 hours. No one showed him the memo!!!

Tiredness is making me low in energy. Low in energy is making me constantly hungry as my body is looking for an alternative source. My will power is ebbing particularly because I know I'm unlikely to lose this week!! Argh.

Ok just got the boost I needed. Step mum to be just found my dress in the m&s sale and bought it for me. Came in at £18!!!! Woohoo

It's in a 12 so it's my incentive dress.

Why couldn't the second one be a sleeper too?

45 mins max in the day. Twice at best
2 hours max at night. Absolute tops.

Babies of this age are supposed to sleep 15-18 hours. No one showed him the memo!!!

Tiredness is making me low in energy. Low in energy is making me constantly hungry as my body is looking for an alternative source. My will power is ebbing particularly because I know I'm unlikely to lose this week!! Argh.

I remember those days! none of my 3 slept through the night until they were 2 1/2 -3yrs old - every body elses child slept from 6 weeks -or so it felt at the time - anyway don't worry too much as in just a very few short years, you can take great pleasure getting them out of bed on a weekend/school holidays..... my youngest is 12 and sleep til lunch if allowed (not very often - payback is fab!!)

Your incentive dress is a great idea.

Haha yes I like the payback! I'll bear that in mind for future reference. Our daughter was an amazing sleeper woke for one feed a night even though she was breastfed and could easily have a 2/3 hour nap twice a day. Everyone said the second would be different and boy were they right???!

Glad you like the dress. I now need to find somewhere to hang it up when I get my mitts on it!! Xx

Well despite all the indicators I dropped 1lb this week!! Yay!

Here to follow your diary:
I see your first post was in 2013 so I can't say I've read it all. I don't know how often you update your stats but we are quite similar height/weight. I started yesterday so still have the 'new diet' bug and I'm hoping it lasts this time....

Ahh Rosie sleep deprivation is a killer but he is still worth it. I don't seem to care so much this time despite him being a worse sleeper. For the last two nights I have literally bear hugged him to sleep as he has a sniffle and can't lay flat. It's cute but gives me a dead arm.

Hi Sarah, welcome to my diary. Don't read all of it although there is a big gap in the middle where is fell off the wagon and into pregnancy eating with a vengeance. Please feel free to join in :) minimins can be your best friend on this journey. I couldn't have managed the losses I did last time without it. My stats are totally up to date as of today so if you are similar then we are indeed alike :) the new diet bug is a good one but elusive over time. I like to use this place or read the mag to keep me on message!!

Ha I hope so! I get irate if the cat dares jump on the bed and wake me at night :rolleyes:
It could be a little while away yet though. It's a tough decision to just stop taking the pill!
I echo that about the mag and on here- somehow I feel more part of it if I'm reading about it lots. Ideally it helps me stay on plan, but sometimes just makes me feel guilty...

Yes particularly the pictures in the magazine of the target members! I hate you all

Not really

(A bit)

;)

Lol just been reading your diary made me laugh , another baby what happened to one I'm not material but got 3 kids an two dogs a cat an yes a skinny other half that can eat anything an everything an stay slim.

How far along are you in your journey are you near to target?

Sounds a lot like me haha. I'm right back at the start. I think this is week ten? I have around 7.5 stone to lose (well about 6 now) although I'm flexible and if I can get into my 30" waist Levi's I'm done!!! I did it before 2 years ago so I know I can do it again. I may not make it in time for this summer but there is always next year!!! :) :)

Exactly this. This time I intend it to be permanent.

I know I said that last time but I've learnt my lesson....baby weight....last opportunity to eat with gay abandon....blah blah blah

You are totally right. Who cares how long as long as I get there. (In all honesty I care a bit but am pragmatic if nothing else and know this is not an overnight fix)

Sounds a lot like me haha. I'm right back at the start. I think this is week ten? I have around 7.5 stone to lose (well about 6 now) although I'm flexible and if I can get into my 30" waist Levi's I'm done!!! I did it before 2 years ago so I know I can do it again. I may not make it in time for this summer but there is always next year!!! :) :)

I just re-read this and did the maths (math for our American friends) I don't have 6 to lose. I have just over 5 to get to 11 stone and then that's even if I go that far. Last time I was a very comfy 12 at just inside the 11s and I may choose to stop there again.

See this goes to prove we see ourselves wrong sometimes. That I have just added at least a stone to my journey and that I genuinely believed that was what I needed to lose. Talk about making work for yourself.

It also shows I re-read my own diary which says a lot about me that I don't care to discuss right now thank you very much ;) ;)

I made overnight oats for the first time tonight. Banoffee overnight oats with layered banana, a dash of milk and a toffee muller. Oh and oats. That bit is important. Otherwise it's just overnight yoghurt and I have loads of those in the fridge. They just sit there. Overnight. Not doing much.

Yay. :)

Dont't be too hard on yourself your doing GR-R-REAT!

hahaha that made me laugh. You are clearly still on the Frosties! Just to say your endeavours did not go to waste and I have two spoons being made by the spoon elves as we speak! (Type) :) :)

I've also made overnight oats for breakfast tomorrow. Never done it before. I have used frozen blueberries, oats, black berry muller light. I never thought to use banana. Might try that.

Edit - I just noticed you saw it in my diary. Hopefully it will be our new fave. Warm porridge in hot weather isn't my thing. If I have cereal I have to use hexa on milk and Ida rather eat cheese.

Last edited:
Back