Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Me neither!!!

Ahh Rosie! I hope you feel better soon!

I always syn oil. Not a fan of frylight to be honest. I am determined to get some sweet potatoes now. I've really got the idea in my head!!

Thanks Sam. I had a snack yesterday of falafal and houmus and I thought the houmus was a bit tangy (put it down to lots of lemon) but with hindsight I think it might have been bad :-(
Would you do the sweet potato in your Actifry (I'm sure you have an actifry?!) I really like the sound of them but don't think I have the kitchen space for one!

I love my actifry but the one thing it struggles with is sweet potato. It's mushier than real potato and it just disintegrates. Don't get me wrong it tastes lovely like mush too but it doesn't hold its shape at all!

I do tend to syn a little splash of oil Mary, since I can't get anything to go crispy with frylight!
Hope you're having a nice bank holiday Sam? I spent most of last night shouting for uncle Huey down the big white telephone... Feel weak today and I've had two breakfasts already (dry toast at 7, then coco pops...)

I always use oil. They go brown but don't go crispy. They are soggy in the middle. I leave them in the oven for 30 mins.

Loving ur diary!!! Don't normally read thru diaries especially old posts but you have a lovely writing style and I have really enjoyed reading about ur journey.

Congrats on ur new addition & that's quite a perfect excuse for a gain. That said, sounds like ur totally back in right track & the breastfeeding should def help!

Looking forward to hearing how u get on. We have same goal & same timeframe to achieve it (end of year). I have never weighed less than 12st 4lbs in my adult life so excited to get in the 11's (a ways to go mind u!)

Ahh thanks very much :):) that's very nice of you to say! Welcome to the madness haha. Well slightly more sedate than madness but still I try to keep it jumpin' (I'm so street!)

It's nice you are in a similar space in terms of goal and time. Please feel free to visit often and keep me posted how you are doing too! Have you joined the three month (now 2 month) challenge?

Thanks for warm welcome.

Haven't seen the 2 month challenge but I would totally be up for it. My first real goal is my trip to Vegas (6 July). I would like to be more than comfortable in my usual Vegas clothes (so need ~8-10lbs from today but ideally at least a stone - going for it!)

I will search the challenges forum and join in.

Kind regards,
Jess

You have usual Vegas clothes? I'm impressed.

I have usual tesco clothes. At best!! Yes the challenges are a real help!! :) :) it was a three month challenge but now April is finished we are down to June and may but I know Kay is still adding anyone who wants to join :)

Photos

Ok so normally I'm the one at the back. At school that was because I was tall. Now it's because I hide.

I got my new dress yesterday. It's so lovely. It's not my birthday until Friday so I shouldn't really have had a cheeky try on. But I did.

I know it's a 12 and I'm 3 sizes over that at the moment (although well out of maternity wear so bonus!!) so it is supposed to look rubbish but my word. I got mr LTL to take some photos of it now and the aim will be to have similarly posed photos when it fits for direct comparison. I look so awkward in photos, even ones that I know no-one else will see. Well you guys might eventually when I get to goal and finally get around to doing a photo montage of my journey!

I'm waiting for the confident takeaphotowalkaroundnakedandnotcareoneiota Sam to reappear. She is in there somewhere!!!

Lost 2lb this week :) it's become a very steady 1-2lb a week now so that's ok.

Best thing though is that gives me my club 10 and another 2lb is the 2 stone mark!! Wooooooo X

Thanks guys! :)

I'm pleased with progress so far :)

I made my oats slightly differently for today (Obsessed much??) as I think having too much banana was weighing on me a bit. I bought a load of different frozen fruits from tesco so today instead of banana I had it with blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and cherries. It was much nicer!

I also invested in some nice wide glasses whilst there in pretty colours. £1 each or 6 for £5 so I have revamped our glasses selection and because they are wider than the costa coffee glasses I was using the yoghurt soaks in better.
I need to find a hobby...... ;)

Hello :) I have read your whole diary! (Over the past few nights I must add) and I am here to sub if that's alright? You're doing so well :)!! You have also made me laugh, like someone said early on, the way you write is brilliant although I had no idea that olive oil is no longer a HEXB! I rely on it!
Anyway, yes, I am here to read and sub :)

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth!

I can't believe you took the time to read the entire diatribe...! :D:DAs you will no doubt know now I got so close to target that I could smell it. Then went and got pregnant again!!! However I'm back in it with everyone for the long haul! Please do join in as much as you like. Minimins slimming world is not yet back to its former glory but if we all continue to contribute as much as possible then we can get it there!! :):):) Thanks for popping by :) x

Ok, so I've been out of the loop on the diary front for nearly two weeks, sorry. Loved catching up though. Although this was more last week's topic, I'll add my tuppence of wisdom...on the subject of the goals and it doesn't matter how long t takes etc etc (I knew I should have replied to the actual comments but it was several pages ago and I can't be bothered to go back...) we think of our goal and compare it to where we are now and wish that time away to be there already. But most of us have lost weight before and it's so easy to forget that this time in between now and then is where the magic happens. Where you are in life's little bubble and a snapshot moment pulls you out of it, like glimpsing your reflection in a shop window and you can actually SEE that you are that stone lighter and you walk away with a straighter back and flick your hair and smile into the rear mirror when you get back to your car. I wish we could preserve these little big moments on a mental pin board to remind ourselves and revisit when things a rough. To stop and look back and enjoy the view of how far we've come...oof OK I'm done I think. I've been stuck in the house for a few days so my mind and I have interesting conversations.

On the subject of the overnight oats. I love salty sweet flavours, my life became complete when I discovered salted caramel. So I mix a bit of salt and a bit of powdered sweetener like stevia or whatever in with the dry oats so it goes all the way through. I do that for my normal porridge and overnight oats, oh yum.

But most of us have lost weight before and it's so easy to forget that this time in between now and then is where the magic happens.

I absolutely love this insight BeeBeeSee... I have only lost weight properly two times in the past 20 years but gosh do I remember the magical moments you highlight. I am not usually impatient and believe good things in particular are worth waiting for, but you're right - I'm ready to be at 5 July when my first mini-goal is reached! I will try and add your perspective going forward and just enjoy the journey. I'm only a couple weeks in but already out of the uncomfortable/clothes bursting area (~6lbs down but also been working out again for a few weeks). Wearing a dress today that I haven't worn in a while and not constantly tugging and pulling it every which way because it is too tight has been an absolute delight! I will remember this every day as each pound or inch loss brings me further delights.

Thanks again! And thanks for the suggestion re: overnight oats. I'm not a sweets person either other than coupled with salt. I am trying your recipe very soon!

Yes! This! About the reflection. Very insightful!! I remember loving the journey last time. I want that this time rather than to feel desperate to just get back there!!!

I will also try a weeny bit of salt tomorrow I think because like you I really like the mix. I mean who just buys sweet popcorn these days??
(Erm Sam, we shouldn't be buying pop corn at all??)

I have already made tomorrow's oats donors too late but I will remember to do it tomorrow night!! Yummy!! Thanks for the tip.

Back