Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Just having a catchup now my phone issues are sorted. Let us know if your vblog gets started. I am always looking at videos of recipes and stuff.

Looks like your doing great hun!
New scales don't mean you have gained. It just means they work at last. Makes it accurate from now.

I keep telling myself it's just one week and it should hopefully carry on downwards next week!! I know it's not a real gain but so far I have an unblemished record :( oh well it's a pain but hey I'll forget all about it next week hopefully!!!! Thanks guys :) :) xx

I am with you on the unblemished record thing! I have been down down down all the way since 6th of Jan, but I know it can't last forever. Taking advantage of the momentum while it lasts!
Giving your blog a follow though :peep:

I have not gained since I started back in January have stayed the same but not yet gained I have a feeling this week it might change ermmmmmmm

I am with you on the unblemished record thing! I have been down down down all the way since 6th of Jan, but I know it can't last forever. Taking advantage of the momentum while it lasts!
Giving your blog a follow though :peep:

I have not gained since I started back in January have stayed the same but not yet gained I have a feeling this week it might change ermmmmmmm

Ahh so we are all doing so well we are worried about the inevitable blip!! Tomorrow is weigh in for me so I'll see what happens. It's quite a stressful time for me, Wednesday nights! :eek:

Hey Sam good luck for tomorrow :)
For some reason Mins hasn't been notifying me when there's been updates on your diary! So I've had a little catching up :)
At least this is your first blip! I seem to have been having blips since last June :-/
This will be my final week on (or not!) sw if I can't stick with it, I will have to try something else. I really hope I stick with it!

I hope you do too @RosiePops We would miss you!
Although we have to accept it doesn't work for everyone all of the time! What do you think is going wrong for you?

I'll stick around here I think, I like to see how everyone else is getting along :) I just may need to change my diet.
It's just weekends. Everything goes to pot at the weekend!
I can't resist non sw treats (pizza!) and I'm so tired by the end of work on Saturday I can't be bothered to cook.
Sometimes it's hard to say no to OH too; he works a crappy job all week and I feel bad denying him of a takeaway if it's what he wants!
I seem to have developed a nasty habit of having an extra hexb too. E.g. porridge for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, even when on EE- maybe SP might be the way to go.
Realistically it's laziness and convenience; two things that aren't part of SW principles.
I did 5:2 before; counting calories is a pain but not too bad when you get into it. I also did meal replacement shakes; fast results but sugary and I get hangry :oops:
Trying to prepare mentally for the weekend now (and practically- if I can batch cook something that might help).
Wow sorry that was a rant! X

I'm liking that in the nicest possible way.

My goodness I could have written that. Friday and Saturday are my flash points and like you I find it hard to turn down a takeaway at those times. Particularly as weigh in seems so far off.

So far I have been cruising on the breastfeeding train (that's a train made from boobs in case you were wondering) but he is slowing it down and although I make up for it I'm finding that I have to work harder each week to undo the damage done and soon that will have to stop. I just need to find the mental willpower to make that happen. I may go back for another couple of hypnotherapy sessions actually.

At the end of the day it's all very well and good saying we need to be virtuous but life isn't that simple and although we know that slimming world is good and healthy for us it still grates when we want a kfc. However that said no diet plan will allow those things so moving to another plan will just shift the problem?

I'm yet to create the southern fried chicken and pizza diet. Believe me I'm working on it!!!! Xx

It's a fair point! When I was calorie counting though I found I could have a pizza- no not a large Domino's just for me- but a fairly healthy supermarket one coming in at 450 cals. Pizza aside, I liked that I could use my cals on what I wanted.
The downside of this was I'd pick crisps over a banana because they were the same!
There's pros and cons for all of them. I struggle to think of a day where I could easily cope with 500 calories tho a la 5:2.
But something has got to give; even if it goes Pete Tong and I come running back to SW with my tail between my legs!
I don't drink anywhere near as much or as often as I used to and I always thought that was my downfall but I suppose it just gets replaced with something else.
Hypnotherapy sounds interesting! Did it work immediately or do you need a few sessions?

For some reason Mins hasn't been notifying me when there's been updates on your diary! So I've had a little catching up :)

Same here! Not getting any alerts so just catching up.

Rosie- seems like you've done really well on SW. Shame you want to move on.

I had hypnotherapy a million years ago (university days) and it worked quite well for me (too well in fact). I hardly ate a thing (like a slice of toast for breakfast, grilled chicken breast for lunch and light salad for tea) lost quite a bit and so once I stopped getting hypnotised, I gained it all back and then a load more. Lesson learned - must learn to eat properly and healthy in order to maintain loss. Not quite sure why I still need to relearn and relearn that lesson. Heyho.

It's a fair point! When I was calorie counting though I found I could have a pizza- no not a large Domino's just for me- but a fairly healthy supermarket one coming in at 450 cals. Pizza aside, I liked that I could use my cals on what I wanted.
The downside of this was I'd pick crisps over a banana because they were the same!
There's pros and cons for all of them. I struggle to think of a day where I could easily cope with 500 calories tho a la 5:2.
But something has got to give; even if it goes Pete Tong and I come running back to SW with my tail between my legs!
I don't drink anywhere near as much or as often as I used to and I always thought that was my downfall but I suppose it just gets replaced with something else.
Hypnotherapy sounds interesting! Did it work immediately or do you need a few sessions?

Same here! Not getting any alerts so just catching up.

Rosie- seems like you've done really well on SW. Shame you want to move on.

I had hypnotherapy a million years ago (university days) and it worked quite well for me (too well in fact). I hardly ate a thing (like a slice of toast for breakfast, grilled chicken breast for lunch and light salad for tea) lost quite a bit and so once I stopped getting hypnotised, I gained it all back and then a load more. Lesson learned - must learn to eat properly and healthy in order to maintain loss. Not quite sure why I still need to relearn and relearn that lesson. Heyho.

You need to do whatever works for you @RosiePops and if calorie counting is it then so be it! All diets work on the principle of kcal deficit anyway regardless of the fact that SW claims you don't need to count. There are just other limits built in!

I didn't have ongoing hypnotherapy. I had three sessions to deal with my relationship with food and using it as a comfort blanket to hide my other issues. It was really good. I went back a year later for one top up session. I'm thinking now I may book myself in for one more. But like anything it doesn't work for everyone or in @soshbfly s case it may work too well!!

I'd quite like it to work too well..... ;)

Is hypnotherapy expensive.

I've seen loads of apps and CDs claiming all sorts but I don't see how it works unless you go in person.

I just need to go to fat camp for half a year and come out lookin stunning!

How olds your baby? I stopped breastfeeding when my girl was 6 months. She pretended to like formula for 3 months.....it was a struggle. Then hasn't had milk since 9 months. When I stopped breastfeeding is when I started to gain weight. I wish I did it longer but I hated it.

It wasn't cheap. I tried the app style ones too but who, in reality has time to do that, uninterrupted, every day? So proper face to face Hypno it was. I think it was £65 a session and I had a run of three which was more than sufficient :) I think it pays to research your therapist and to be open minded. You can't be hypnotised against your will and are not totally out of it, regardless of what Paul McKenna wants us to think!!!

Little one is 18 weeks now and starting to wean as he is hungry as a horse and I couldn't keep up. Plus he is big and strong snd more than double his birth weight so I decided to start him early :)

Indeed! They all work the same in principle, whether that's a cal deficit throughout the week or every day.
I seem to be doing quite well so far this week and do genuinely want to stick with slimming world, I love the plan and that I don't have to be hungry and can eat fairly similar food to OH- I just get 'sod it' mentality at the slightest hiccup. Previously, I could draw a line and carry on.
I was thinking today if I do get stuck at the weekend I could try calorie counting just on Saturdays/Sundays. Then I'm still in control, I just have that little extra flexibility.
I'll let you know how I get on :)
I had ONO today- in a jar, layered, it was delish. Strawberry yoghurt with chunks of fresh pineapple!
When/if you start your vlog, will you include foodie stuff like recipes Sam?

Hey just caught up again I often don't get notifications for things I have read or replied to, @RosiePops ha e you tried using your b to make pizza you can use a wholemeal flour think it's the aldi one or you can get the wraps from asda b free or something that you can have one of as a b what is it you struggle with at weekends food wise or going out?

I take my hat of to those that can breast feed tried it with my last to an thought I would have to glue my nipples back on hahahaha

Indeed! They all work the same in principle, whether that's a cal deficit throughout the week or every day.
I seem to be doing quite well so far this week and do genuinely want to stick with slimming world, I love the plan and that I don't have to be hungry and can eat fairly similar food to OH- I just get 'sod it' mentality at the slightest hiccup. Previously, I could draw a line and carry on.
I was thinking today if I do get stuck at the weekend I could try calorie counting just on Saturdays/Sundays. Then I'm still in control, I just have that little extra flexibility.
I'll let you know how I get on :)
I had ONO today- in a jar, layered, it was delish. Strawberry yoghurt with chunks of fresh pineapple!
When/if you start your vlog, will you include foodie stuff like recipes Sam?

I think that's a good idea, to give yourself the flexibility. If we view it as too rigid that's when we fall.

In terms of the vlog I was thinking of doing Ono for the first one! Seeing as we are all testing them out! Recipes and stuff would be good plus general ups and downs :)

Hey just caught up again I often don't get notifications for things I have read or replied to, @RosiePops ha e you tried using your b to make pizza you can use a wholemeal flour think it's the aldi one or you can get the wraps from asda b free or something that you can have one of as a b what is it you struggle with at weekends food wise or going out?

I take my hat of to those that can breast feed tried it with my last to an thought I would have to glue my nipples back on hahahaha

I don't have any problems breastfeeding luckily. Maybe I was a cow in a former life. :) however he is really not showing much interest any more and that means everything slooooows down weight loss wise!! Bit of a bummer!

Maybe I should get the breast pump out and get expressing! I could do that for the next, ooh, 2 years? ;) that would help!

Ha it good be a plan!
In all seriousness though, doesn't it cause problems if you just stop? So maybe expressing a bit is a good idea?
I've made a plan :-O
I've got a meal plan running til next Thurs (when I will do another). Taking the thought out of 'what to have' takes away some temptation, I find.
And, I had a sneaky peek on the scales this morning to see what is at stake over the weekend- I'm down 1.5lb since Monday. I'm hoping this is the incentive I need to keep on track!
ONO for a start is a great idea! I definitely prefer the layering method- kind of reminds me of nice muesli- and I'm really enjoying fresh pineapple in mine at the moment.
I love how quick they are to do in the evening and have my special jar just for them :)
I'm going to experiment with natural yoghurt, a sprinkle of sweetener and frozen berries next week so will report back...
Hope you've got a nice weekend planned!

Back