Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Yes still a baby baby :)

I'm thinking of keeping him in a box so he stays this small!

Bum

1lb off for me this week. After some birthday debauchery (who am I kidding I went for brunch and had a takeaway) I'll take that :)
Annoyingly it did that thing of flicking to the next lb off and then back.

Best of three confirmed the 1lb :)

Congrats Sam!

Your thread inspired me to finally try ONO. I have been making for my daughter as she loves fruit and yogurt. I'm not a big sweets eater so added a bit of salt and man, were they GREAT! Used a mix of Mueller Light Toffee and plain yogurt with a bit of Agave, banana and frozen strawberries. Thanks again for the tip.

Been reading back on this thread (admittedly I started from the start, missed out the middle and restarted from this year :oops:)

I am intirgued by the over night oats though, I think I may need to just be brave and try them. I just have this fear of 'gooey' fruit/food. If you gave me gooey cake though.. thats a whole different scenario ;)

Well done Hun as I say goes to show you can slip of plan an still lose

Thank you! Yes and that is because, as I have always maintained, thin people eat takeaway too. They probably just eat less than me haha X

Excellent Sam, I know you were a bit worried about WI this week :)
Hope that's spurred you on. How's your little one doing today?

Hey @RosiePops he has shown an improvement today and is back to himself! I think because he is a happy little soul all the time almost it really shows when he has an off couple of days!

Congrats Sam!

Your thread inspired me to finally try ONO. I have been making for my daughter as she loves fruit and yogurt. I'm not a big sweets eater so added a bit of salt and man, were they GREAT! Used a mix of Mueller Light Toffee and plain yogurt with a bit of Agave, banana and frozen strawberries. Thanks again for the tip.

Thanks! I'm yet to stir some salt through but keep meaning to. Did you taste it in a nice way? I do like a salty edge to food!

Been reading back on this thread (admittedly I started from the start, missed out the middle and restarted from this year :oops:)

I am intirgued by the over night oats though, I think I may need to just be brave and try them. I just have this fear of 'gooey' fruit/food. If you gave me gooey cake though.. thats a whole different scenario ;)

I'd say gooey in a good way. If you layer rather than stir them in they hold their shape much better. Come on....join the ONO revolution!

If we can call it a revolution

It's hardly Russia in here

Not as many hats.

Last edited:
Ah glad he is feeling better, and nice that he's usually such a happy baby!
<broods in the corner>
No yoghurt over here so my ONO have come to a standstill- I'm looking forward to testing the layering method though. And dug out some mixed berried from the freezer!
So warm here today, been out in the garden digging. What have you been up to?

:tan:It's hot in sunny Brighton too today :rainbow: which is lovely after lots of rain for the last couple of days. Popped into town today for last minute bits for our daughters birthday tomorrow. I can't believe she is 6!

Going to make husband do the lawn later so it tidies up the garden :) not quite paddling pool weather but it won't be long!!!!!

:tan:It's hot in sunny Brighton too today :rainbow: which is lovely after lots of rain for the last couple of days. Popped into town today for last minute bits for our daughters birthday tomorrow. I can't believe she is 6!

Going to make husband do the lawn later so it tidies up the garden :) not quite paddling pool weather but it won't be long!!!!!
What a beautiful day it's been hasn't it? (Been fabulous here in this little city no one has ever heard of until we went and won the Premier League!!!) Made up for yesterday, that's for sure.
Ah, the paddling pool, my kids used to love spending hours messing about in them. Brings back memories. Usually of me rolling about all over the garden huffing and puffing trying to blow it up...
unreal.gif

Ah yes now you are all famous. Everyone wants a bit of Leicester. We are also in the limelight football wise as its the first playoffs for promotion tomorrow so the Albion may be joining you winners premier league style.

Probably not though haha

Should I start a SW vlog? Quite a few of you have (being super lovely) complimented my writing style. And I write exactly how I talk. I'm interested to know whether anyone thinks it would translate?

I'm not a big vlog watcher. In fact if I'm honest I abhor made up words. Like....Erm....vlog? There are simply not enough vowels in that word for it to make grammatical sense.

Anyway. I'd love to know your thoughts!!

Whoopaaa! Well done you!

@clarri I have quoted this for the simple fact that whoopaaa is now my word of the day. I shall be shoehorning it into every conversation and I urge you all to do the same

You liked it! Whoopaaa!!!

(See what I did??) :) ;)

Should I start a SW vlog? Quite a few of you have (being super lovely) complimented my writing style. And I write exactly how I talk. I'm interested to know whether anyone thinks it would translate?

I'm not a big vlog watcher. In fact if I'm honest I abhor made up words. Like....Erm....vlog? There are simply not enough vowels in that word for it to make grammatical sense.

Anyway. I'd love to know your thoughts!!

I'd love is you did a *video blog*!! I have done a few recordings but I just come across like an Irish Eejit.... But ill keep trying!
Happy day to you!!

Back