Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

I used to love how busy this place was! It was so social!! I felt like a fresh start too, so here I am! Feels good to be posting again :) xx

Ah that's great :) yes it's not quite how it was a couple of years ago but we have been working hard and have some quite busy groups now for challenges and exercise and things. The main board is quieter but we have had a go at tidying it lately and made it look a bit more current :) quite a few of us returnees have stuck around and it's great to see familiar faces!

I'll do you a list....x

You have already found we have revived the online image therapy.

Busiest at the moment are these that I know of:

Three month challenge (never to late to join)
https://www.minimins.com/threads/ne...-sept-autumn-2016.355114/page-23#post-7930046

Long haul slimmers:
https://www.minimins.com/threads/slim-for-2017-the-long-game.355042/page-6#post-7931192

Our exercise challenge for August but suspect it will roll on so I may have to change the name!!

https://www.minimins.com/threads/30-day-whatever-challenge.355514/page-14#post-7931156

100% on plan challenge for August but expect a new one for sept if you want to finish off August in style! :)

https://www.minimins.com/threads/au...-on-track-for-xmas.355435/page-8#post-7931129

Plus the diaries are quite busy so jump on to some of these as well!

It's great you are back :)

I have been reading lots of this thread since I joined MM and it is incredibly inspiring! Well done on your ongoing achievement!

The green tea stuff is interesting - I didn't realise there were so many interesting flavours! We have a selection of teas in work, so I might start having a green tea each day to see if it helps in any way, not just weight loss but other things it appears to be good for!

I have been reading lots of this thread since I joined MM and it is incredibly inspiring! Well done on your ongoing achievement!

The green tea stuff is interesting - I didn't realise there were so many interesting flavours! We have a selection of teas in work, so I might start having a green tea each day to see if it helps in any way, not just weight loss but other things it appears to be good for!

Definitely worth a dabble. I'm not keen on plain green but the flavoured ones certainly jazz it up! Let me know how you find it :) :)

So weigh in approaches yet again. I have just tomorrow and then here we are Thursday.

I'm a bit sad face actually as this is my last holiday week. Back to work next Tuesday and it signals the true end to the maternity leave because little one starts the childminder. I hate that I have to go back full time but I spent so long waiting for a full time job to come about that I can't now go back to part time for the sake of the next three years. :(. When I had my daughter I worked part time and not by choice but I don't want to feel I am short changing him. Having said that our childminder is excellent and we know from last time he is getting nothing close to a raw deal. Seems silly though that I pay someone to look after my child whilst I then go and look after other people's. :( argh. I just want next Tuesday over with so its not hanging over me. The anticipation is always much worse than reality.

You will be fine next week. It will take a while to get into some sort of routine but little man will be fine with childminder.
It's nice for them to mix with other children when young. It sets them up for later in life.

Hope the scales are kind to you tomorrow.:)

Thanks @craftermary i feel a little better and she really is excellent so he is in very good hands. Possibly better than mine in some ways because she does all the playgroups and things that I can't bear haha!!

There you go he will be meeting other children and not just the ones she looks after.:)

My G/D goes to a nursery attached to a school. She is the youngest and the older children look after her. She has lunch with them. As she is the only one that has a nap she takes herself off to the book corner and goes to sleep.:D

Ahh that's so cute. In some deep dark recess of my head I kind of want to get back to normal but I know I'll miss him too. It's the working mothers complex.

I know some parents feel guilty for leaving their child with a minder or in a nursery but you got to do whats right for both of you. It won't be long and he will be at school.:eek:
You get to spend holiday times with both your children so that is a bonus really.:)

@Poppet12 have you seen this? Any use??

B&M have Jawbone Up Move trackers. These include both the clip and wristband for £14.99. This is a £30 saving. The wristband is usually £7.99 on its own. They are available in all colours. I bought one today. It's a bit like a pedometer but saves other info including sleep. It also works as a basic watch, and stopwatch. Probably not as good as a Fitbit but a fraction of the price and a good way to record activity, both steps and other workouts which you can record. http://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/jawbone-up-move-wireless-activity-and-sleep-tracker-316268

Ohh thanks Sam! I hadn't seen that, I have a B&M close by so I'll pop down tomorrow and see if I can find one! Exactly what I was looking for!!
I hope your little one settles well with the childminder- it must be hard to leave him but good to know he is in safe hands- I agree that once a routine starts and the first day is over with, things will seem better hopefully!

2lb off :) and that's with one lot of takeaway and a BBQ so I'm pleased with that. 1 more takes me into the 14s :) :) next week.....

2lb off :) and that's with one lot of takeaway and a BBQ so I'm pleased with that. 1 more takes me into the 14s :) :) next week.....

Well done you that is fab!!! Eeek I'm sure you'll get into the 14s next week :) it just shows that it all fits around your life if you let it!!

Ruth
X

Ooh and another 2 would be 3.5 stone award :)

Well done you that is fab!!! Eeek I'm sure you'll get into the 14s next week :) it just shows that it all fits around your life if you let it!!

Ruth
X

Nice to know I'm not the only one up at 6am haha x

Back