Licking the Lid of Life....my esoteric diary

Thanks guys. :)

Very good week! A loss it always good.

Love the tea talk. I'm almost always a coffee drinker, have my little moka pot on each morning. But recently I realised when it's my time of month caffeine gives me a big headache. So I have this tea mix:
https://instagram.com/p/BI5H03IAO2p/
There is no caffeine, it's cinnamon based flavour and doesn't have bitter taste of tea. So I got one of them see-through diffuser teapots, as I'm obsessed with kitchen gadgets :)

Yum I want to hear more about this!! We have an authentic tea tasting place in Brighton lanes. You are making me want to visit

Well this was from a tea place. I went in looking confused and they said 'you look confused'
I just said I want to try some new tea but nothing too fruity. They had bags all made up but you could also add things or start from scratch. So this one looked good, I tasted a chocolate tea which was nice and I bought some. Havnt had it at home yet.

You only need 1 teaspoon per mug of water. But I find it can stretch further really, I add more water for a 2nd go and it still has loads of flavour.

Going to visit some friends and go to a birthday party. They live in ermmmm could be called Peacehaven. But we booked a hotel in the city. We've been before. Is there a hotel on he Marina? I think we possibly stayed there last time.

Peacehaven yes, about 15 mins out of the city along the coast. There are a couple in the Marina but I couldn't tell you their names :)

Sounds fun :) hope you have a lovely time!

I had an off night last night. We had a takeaway but I have to remind myself that everything is ok in moderation and that things like that are a part of real life!!!

It's been good to test my comfort zone actually and I'm happy to just get back on it, gain some perspective as it was one meal, and move on! :)

I had an off night last night. We had a takeaway but I have to remind myself that everything is ok in moderation and that things like that are a part of real life!!!

It's been good to test my comfort zone actually and I'm happy to just get back on it, gain some perspective as it was one meal, and move on! :)

I couldn't agree more, and good on you! I hope you really enjoyed it :)
I think it is good to get some perspective- when I went away even though I ate well I could have eaten the whole fruit and veg aisle In the supermarket!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and weekend!

Ruth
X

We all have a night off now and again.Like I keep telling myself I am only human and can not be perfect every day.:)
Also I think breaking a cycle now and again helps or you can get stuck in a rut then have a blow out.

As long as your back on it today then one takeaway won't hurt. How are you feeling today? Keep drinking to wash that takeaway through.;)

I've been having loads of fluid since I reinstated my soda stream. I make everything fizzy and it makes even basic squash seems a bit nicer :) I'm easily pleased haha.

I'm well back on it today. Thank you both for your encouraging words. I had been worried I was being too hard on myself so it's nice to prove I can step away from it knowingly. Tomorrow we have all of the neighbours round for a BBQ so I'll be relaxing a bit then too but having lots of healthy options available so will just enjoy myself.

Just for you...
View attachment 183369
These genuinely taste like candy floss...

Ruth
X

Omg.

Extra Special is tesco right? I must get over there. I tend to do my shopping online as its easier with two children!! But you never get to see the fun stuff!!

Omg.

Extra Special is tesco right? I must get over there. I tend to do my shopping online as its easier with two children!! But you never get to see the fun stuff!!

No it's Asda! They do Candy Floss, Sable, Strawberry and Tropical (that I've seen anyway!) yum yum!

Ruth
X

Asda! Of course. D'oh

Then I need to get up there instead!!! Thanks for the tip. I'll be popping up next week now :)

I just ordered a skirt from Get Cutie!

I'm so excited. They are a vintage retro style place in the lanes (but pretty well known as I understand it)

Last weekend I bought a dress for the funeral that when I put it on narrowed my waist and slimmed my legs because it flared out. So I did some research and found it was an A line tea dress. So having never been a skirt wearer I decided to bite the bullet and ordered an A line skirt in a gorgeous fabric with dogs on! Bonus being that I rang them to place the order and will be able to go in and collect it once it's made for me. I have got my eye on one of their dresses for a target dress. But they are quite pricey for someone in transition size wise so a skirt for now will allow me to dip my toes and see if the world stops turning if I get my legs on.

Back