Lickthelid's mini scan bran challenge week!

I definitely think that it needs to be toasted!! I found it fairly palatable though. My concern is that it may not be enough after getting used to five scan bran a day!!

I think I'm out of this challenge :( my food shop arrived this morning and they were out of the rye bread and substituted it for a wholemeal loaf, which I sent back. I still have some scan bran left so think I'll stick to that for the rest of the week.

Hmmmm! I'm not sure in going to manage a week of rye bread. I found it fairly disgusting lol

Maybe me not being able to find any was a blessing in disguise! ;-)

Maybe me not being able to find any was a blessing in disguise! ;-)

I think it definitely was. I tried it toasted today and it was much nicer but still not for me. However, my youngest daughter loved it (weird child lol) I think I'm going back to scan bran tomorrow.

I'm going to persevere (it reminds me a little of malt loaf when toasted!) but I'll be back on scan bran the following week, if simply because of the 'bulk' that scan bran creates inside you to fill you up. The rye bread is nice enough but where the scan bran was almost too filling the rye bread is just a shade the other way. Let's see, at the end of the week me on rye and you guys on scan bran.....race you ;-)

That sounds like a challenge ;-) although I have come down with a touch of the man flu this weekend so have no energy to cook (thankfully I have a selection of syn free meals already cooked in my freezer) but with cough medicine being 1.5 syns per dose I can't help but think my weight loss may be slower than normal this week. Even more reason to get the scan bran out I guess!

I know I am to late for the "challenge" but thought I would say that I am going to try and up my Scanbran intake.

Have had a supply for ages (got them from Amazon, a box of 10 packs I think) and have made Scanbran cake now and then (very good for having in the house for the "munchy" when we get back from the pub) but not tried it on its own yet.

I have just eaten my way through the 5 slices with light philly(HEA) and 2 boiled eggs sliced. I am not going to say I "enjoyed" them they way I would have enjoyed a bar of chocolate :rolleyes: but they were edible and I had to eat them slowly cause of having to chew them lots. I am going to try and have them at night for my supper to see if they help.

We are going for a second week so join us! See if a week makes a difference to you this week! I'm trying rye bread for a change and the aim is to see which does the best job!

a word or advice though, unless you already drink loads its advisable to up the fluid intake with scan bran otherwise it can make certain 'functions' harder (nice). If you have loads of fluid the opposite is true. Let us know how you get on at the end of the week!

Will keep you updated how I am getting on.

I do drink alot of fluid normally, however did find that when I ate them last night I needed to get another glass of water afterwards as I was really thirsty, not sure if that was cause of them or not :)

We are going for a second week so join us! See if a week makes a difference to you this week! I'm trying rye bread for a change and the aim is to see which does the best job! a word or advice though, unless you already drink loads its advisable to up the fluid intake with scan bran otherwise it can make certain 'functions' harder (nice). If you have loads of fluid the opposite is true. Let us know how you get on at the end of the week!

Have you managed to find any inventive ways to use your rye bread?

Will keep you updated how I am getting on. I do drink alot of fluid normally, however did find that when I ate them last night I needed to get another glass of water afterwards as I was really thirsty, not sure if that was cause of them or not :)

Good luck, hope you get some good results :)

In a word....no. I toast it. Haha. That's another thing I'm less keen on tbh, although you would think it would be more flexible because its, well, bread, it's too dense (and titchy) to make sangers and really it's cut in half, toasted and topped (normally with lashings of laughing cow)

I'm at work tomorrow so may need to think of an alternative as we don't have a toaster...maybe UNtoasted with lashings of laughing cow.

I actually miss scan bran...is that weird?

In a word....no. I toast it. Haha. That's another thing I'm less keen on tbh, although you would think it would be more flexible because its, well, bread, it's too dense (and titchy) to make sangers and really it's cut in half, toasted and topped (normally with lashings of laughing cow) I'm at work tomorrow so may need to think of an alternative as we don't have a toaster...maybe UNtoasted with lashings of laughing cow. I actually miss scan bran...is that weird?

Haha, no that's not weird..I still can't believe I'm saying this but I am definitely a scan bran convert now. Aw that's really disappointing :( like you say, with it being bread you'd think you can do more with it. How strange. Hopefully us scan branners will win this weeks challenge then mwahaha ;-) although the common theme I'm noticing with the scan bran and rye bread is laughing cow, it goes with them so nicely lol.

It's not weird no lol. It seems like you definitely love or hate scan bran. In group people were asking what I was doing with so much and people were definitely divided.
I've dived head first into a bag of marshmallows and cake at work today :( let's hope the scan bran saves my weigh in this week. I really can't get away with binges the closer I get to target.

Just had my Scanbran and Laughing Cow and it is growing on me :) Realised afterwards I have actually had more than that today as I had 3 slices (so 3/8) of a Scan Bran cake (syned) during the day...

Clearly we are converts!!!! I love the fact our mini challenge actually made a big difference!!

I am so back on scan bran next week. Or maybe a combination of the two if only because of the way scan bran helps move things along (iykwim) and rye simply doesn't have the same effect. I'm sure that made me weigh less on wi day!! Haha.

Too much info? Ha

Possibly too much info but very true lol. I found a rye loaf at tesco today, have it a squeeze and decided to stick to the scan bran. It felt as solid as my sister's gluten free bread which tastes awful lol.

Just (almost) enjoyed my supper of Scanbran, laughing cow, boiled egg and steamed salmon.

However almost had a problem earlier, I started suffering from the "side effects" tonight when I was up at my horse and we only have a portaloo to use - not nice. :eek:

Back