Lickthelid's mini scan bran challenge week!

Could you give me the recipe, or point me in the right direction of where to find it? I'd like to give that a try if it's that nice :) And you're right, I'm in the right frame of mind again now after the blip last night. I won't let it ruin the week. Hope you do enough to get your award next WI.

God I miss pizza. :-(

Sometimes it takes that to get you back in the right mind set. We all become complacent at times.

Can you believe I just SUBSCRIBED to scan bran through amazon? It gets the price down to £1.20 a packet and I get a delivery of 2 boxes of ten packs every 2 months. Holland and Barrett no longer have their but one get on half price deal on so this was the cheapest option. Blimey I've gone from never heard
of it to a subscriber in three weeks!!!

Last edited:
Xmas scan bran cake

2 eggs
5 scan bran
5 tablespoons of sweetener
1 1/2 teaspoons mixed spice
1 tablespoon of golden syrup
2 tablespoons of mincemeat

Soften scan bran and then mix all of the remaining ingredients together and microwave for 6 1/2- 7 minutes

Thank you! I'll give this a try over the weekend, just need to get some mincemeat.

Wow subscribing to scan bran lol. I'm not sure I could go that far yet! I did have a bit of a chuckle at work today though when a colleague asked to try a bite of my philly and marmite scan bran after watching me spend quite some time eating them and he concluded that it is the worst tasting "food" he has ever eaten and it should be classified as packaging (I think he was implying cardboard!) rather than a foodstuff. Too funny lol.

It was more a cost cutting exercise than an addiction but yes I agree its quite a commitment haha

my husband took one bite of a scan bran and wrote it off. To be fair he tried it dry and wouldn't be convinced that some laughing cow makes it "dry but with moist stuff on top so it can be swallowed marginally more easily"

As he is effortlessly thin I don't think he will be dipping into it!!

They are expensive aren't they :( This mornings scan bran experiment was making scan bran 'flour' in the food processor and adding it to baked beans in my SW fry up. I blitzed one scan bran and stirred it in..can't taste that it's there and I'm one scan bran down for the day without having to chew it lol

That's a good idea. Im going to make a pizza at dinner I think!

I lost 1.5lb, however I have to confess that I did not have my scanbran yesterday. I had to fly down to London with work so things went slightly off plan - breakfast being BA's "healthy option" which included Go Head fruit slice things and lunch was a egg sandwich :sigh:. Was fine for dinner and just had some fruit in the evening as was full.

Well done on your loss :)

Well done!! We are heading towards a stone between us!!

thanks scan bran!

Well done on your loss :)
I'm alternating scan bran and the new hifi bars this week as they are my new addiction. I will be making the Xmas scan bran cake tomorrow post night shift to 'pig' out on.

I did pizza tonight and left off the chips. I had toasted Cajun sweet corn and cheesy field tomatoes. No syns!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 107
I made it up after someone mentioned a sweet corn snack in the recipes. I have always liked toasted chickpeas in Cajun spice as they taste like nuts (I miss nuts) so I tried with sweet corn. It doesn't dry out but does almost caramelise. Tasted pretty blimmin good. :)

Oat bran and me are doing wonders.

I am using 5 oatbran as one of my HEB and either laughing cow light HEA or no fat cottage cheese each day - it helps that I am doing green days.

I have been hiding telling you how much I have lost as I felt like a fraud. And the first week on this challenge w3as my first week on plan. I hardly dared to weigh in yesterday as I am sure I would have put some of that weight back on.... but no - thanks to SW and Oat Bran this last fortnight I have lost 11.5lb

I look at the scan bran cake receipes but wonder if the cake has the same "going" properties as using them as crispbread.

Even with healthy fruit I needed a bomb - and I have found this in Oat Bran

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

Wow that's an amazing loss over the fortnight, well done you :) it's taken me 8 weeks to lose that much lol.

I owe it all the OAt Bran and SW.

Never had that type of loss with just SW......

I thought I would put on this week.....

thanks for the challenge - it was just what I wanted and needed.

I owe it all the OAt Bran and SW.

Never had that type of loss with just SW......

I thought I would put on this week.....

thanks for the challenge - it was just what I wanted and needed.

That is AMAZING!!!

Back