lidl low fat yoghurts

melanieg38

spotted a mint and chocolate yoghurt in lidl and couldn't resist buying it, I have now eaten it but can not find the syn values for it, its not listed in my food directory.
Does anyone know the values for these as am now thinking it might be quite high
it has the following info on it
99 cal
protein 3.9
carb 7.4
fat 0.5

thank you

if you can't find it online, use 1 syn per 20grms, which wold work out at 5 syns, was it worth 5 syns?

I bought M&S butterscotch mousses the other day & they are 4 syns & so worth it.

Thanks I cant resist mint and chocolate together, but when I compare it to the Muller vanilla and chocolate sprinkles a t 0.5 then I suppose it wasn't worth the syns.
Thanks for letting my know really appreciate it

Used those nutrition details on the syn calculator and comes out as 2.5 syns

You cannot use the 20 kcal to one syn rule because the yogurt content means there is a freefood allowance. My consultant said they were happy for me to treat the Lidl yogurts as free, because the nutritional difference between these and Mullerlight is so small as to almost not to exist. And they are only 31p which is ideal for those on a budget. I repeat my comment about the calorie content being near identical - it is a fraction of a gram of protein which makes the difference between syn and syn-free. Until someone explains that, I'm treating them as free.

Well as explained before, using the SW syn calculator and saying that it's a yoghurt it comes it as 2 and a half syns. Think I'd rather err on the side of caution really.

If nothing else, the nutritional values given by the OP are incomplete, for Lidl Milbona FF Mint Choc they are:

Per 100g: Energy 52kcal, Protein 3.9g, Carbs 7.4g, fat 0.5g. Serving size 165g (99kcal per pot)

Taking the yogurt freefood allowance, this equals 0.5 syns per pot on the calculator, not 2.5 syns.

My point is that if you alter the protein value from 3.9g to 4.0g the pot would come out as free. For a 165g pot of yogurt this is so negligable as to not make the blindest bit of difference to anybody. If you want to syn them then fine, but I'm enjoying them as a cheap and tasty substitute to Mullerlight :)

Last edited:
At the end of the day that's what SW says. Whether you choose to ignore that, whether your consultant chooses to tell you otherwise then that's up to you. Officially though they're synned. Those nutritional values were per serving and put in the calculator it says 2.5 syns. Like I said, if you are happy to count them as free that's fine but I'd rather err on the side of caution and have them as what the calculator says they are.

spotted a mint and chocolate yoghurt in lidl and couldn't resist buying it, I have now eaten it but can not find the syn values for it, its not listed in my food directory.
Does anyone know the values for these as am now thinking it might be quite high
it has the following info on it
99 cal
protein 3.9
carb 7.4
fat 0.5

thank you

The first one is per serving, the other three are per 100g, so you need more info to use be able to use the calculator. They aren't 2.5 syns per pot, I can't think of any other way to say it!

They're still not free though either are they, I can't think of any other way to say that!

Back