Life begins at 40, maintaining with SW for Life -Green days & some EE/Red photos inc

Yes I think a lot of target members get roped in to help...good for you. I like the one perk of a free magazine!
Yes I could go with 1/2lb off too if I can't make a whole pound. I'm bang on target at the moment.

We came back really because of my family, I missed them so much and seeing my grandsons growing up. And believe it or not it's hard to live (ordinarily) in a hot country. In the summer - April ~ end of October, home is air con 24hrs a day to be able to sleep....cars air con, shops air con etc. Then the beginning of November it's log burner time and chopping wood to keep warm in houses which are basically cold...not central heating! I'm glad to be back and don't miss it but my husband misses the hot weather...:sigh:

We don't get anything for helping but none of us mind and it forces me to stay to class.

I see what you mean about Spain their houses are built for hot weather and ours are built for cold. You just can't win

Not really decided on food today as I have to work full time this week.
I job share with another girl but her daughter has had an operation on Saturday so I have to cover her hours all week.

I haven't done a full weeks work in months !

You are a day out !! Today is only Monday unfortunately so my weigh in is tomorrow night.

Yes I batch cook lunches when I am in work and freeze them.
Currently I have lentil bake all portioned up pasta quiche all portioned up and already baked jacket potatoes as I got 12 the other day in Tesco reduced to 20p !! So I just baked them all stuck them in individual bags and froze them. They heat up quite well in the microwave.

I would love not to work but needs must unfortunately !

Oh what!! Wonder why I thought today was Tuesday...sign! Tut....what a pain, thought my weigh in was tomorrow...more agony!

Your batch cooking sounds very good...
I actually stopped work when I was only 46, I fell down the stairs and sustained 2 fractures in my UPPER back, only I could manage that one! Anyway, never went back to work again. I worked for social services and loved my work; therapeutic work with children & families. The following year we moved to Spain.

Green day I think but it depends what I have for dinner

B - none not hungry as worrying about work

L - lentil bake 1/2 hex a with tomatoes cucumber pepper and pickled onions
Apple
Nectarine
4 sqs dark chocolate 6 syns

S - 2 ryvita 1/2 hex b with clover lightest 3 syns

D - ricotta cakes with tomato sauce acti fry potato wedges and salad. This was a Jamie Oliver 15 minute meal which wss really tasty about 5 syns

S hi fi bar hex b chocolate 3 syns

Total 17 syns

Attachments

• 1407184240981.jpg
    1407184240981.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 103
Jaffa...I'm learning so much from you! I always thought Ricotta was dairy but when I googled it, (it can be) but also sheep or goat. I'm going to get some tomorrow. Did you make the recipe with rice & cheese or potatoes? The meal looked yummy...love SW chips!
Well done on your syn total for the day.

:scale: looking good...it is tomorrow, isn't it?? :D

PS....what date is your birthday in September?

Last edited:
Yes it is weigh in today.

This is the recipe

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/cheese-recipes/ricotta-fritters-with-tomato-sauce-courgette-salad

But I screwed up and told my husband 100g of ricotta for 2 people instead of 200g as I wasbt wearing my glasses - ooops so we had 1 portion between two of us by mistake.
I told him he should have checked and read the recipe as that is totally typical of me and after 15 years more fool him !

Ricotta is 85g for a hex a so quite good really.

I don't know what type I had as it was from Tesco. For me it is all about the lactose (sugar) amount rather then dairy

EE day today

B - sharon fruit

L - baked potato with tuna sweetcorn and extra light mayo 1 syn
Tomatoes pepper and pickled onions
Nectarine
1/2 nakd bar 3 syns
2 mini chocolates 3 syns

After weigh in

2 bananas
Hi fi bar hex b

D fish cakes 4 syns salad and new potatoes

S biscuits 6 syns

Total 17 syns

Well I had a STS which I am really pleased with so I am 0.5lb over target .

I really would like to get into my lower end of target but I know it will be really hard work and I will have to concentrate plus only have around 5-10 syns a day and be super good.

So we shall see.

Hi Jaffa

Your diary looks great. I hope you don't mind me following I'm looking for inspiration meals.

Also well done with your STS.

Of course not the more the merrier if I can help with anything just ask. I have been a SW member for over 3 years and at target for 1 year.

I am off to find you now x

I love your cat. We have two cats a black one and a white one with some black bits

A STS really was a good result this week for me.

Green Day

B - fresh apricots

L - cous cous salad and I chickpeas and sweetcorn plus tomatoes and cucumber. 4 syns as it is a Tesco pre made salad which I bulk out to last 2 days
Apple nectarine
1/2 nakd bar 3 syns
Chocolate 3 syns
Danio yoghurt hex a tweak

D - at mum's so mushroom and onion omelette with boiled potatoes salad and a wholemeal roll hex b salad cream 2 syns

S - nutrigrain biscuits hex b

Total 12 syns

Of course not the more the merrier if I can help with anything just ask. I have been a SW member for over 3 years and at target for 1 year.

I am off to find you now x

I love your cat. We have two cats a black one and a white one with some black bits

Hi Jaffa

Thats nice to know thanks.

Also thanks for the nice comment about my cat. He is lovely I love him to bits I can't imagine my life without him. I would love another cat but he doesn't get on with other cats so no chance of that lol.

By the way good meals today. I must try to figure out what Healthy Extras to use. Do you have to eat them or can you leave them out?

I think it's lovely that we've all got together because we all joined about the same time....

BTW Chug, STS = "stayed the same."

Yeah I agree Janet its nice and you are both so helpful to me I really appreciate it. Thanks about STS I thought it was that lol.

Back