Lighter at night!!!!!

MandyLupton

Gold Member
Hi all, It's my first full day of sns, this morning I weighed 20st 3lb. Tonight I weigh 20st dead on :eek:.............how the hell did that happen lol and my scales are really accurate. I know I should stay off them but curiosity got the better of me.

Anybody else had this happen?

Your weight fluctuates a LOT during the day, due to food intake, bowel movements, water movement, etc. That's why you should only weigh yourself once a week AND why you're waist measurement is more important than the number you see on the scale. There can be weeks where you lose inches but your weight stays the same.

Thanks Wisney for your reply. I know i'm naughty for weighing too much. Going to try not to weigh till mid-week as on your first week with lighterlife you can and are encouraged to weigh mid-week.This is to help you carry on with the vlcd as the first week is most often the worst and it is to encorage you to carry on because the weighloss is is generally quite high.
I think your right. Some weeks you don't have a good loss it is better to keep measurements and regularly check them as this can give you a boost seeing the numbers go down.

Yeah i think during the first week it's probs good incentive as there's a big weight loss, but after that I think that weighing yourself more than once a week can be a HUGE demotivator, because sometimes you can feel and see that you've lost weight but the scales just haven't budged and as soon as that happens the first I think is '...WHY am I even DOING this if it isn't working?! I want a Snickers'. I'm only going to weigh myself every two weeks I think, I can't risk the demotivation!

I totally agree. Some weeks on LL I only lost 2lbs and you do think 'my god why am I putting myself through this when I can go to weightwatchers and lose the same and eat' but the next week I'd weigh-in and be 4-6lbs lighter.

Yes, I'm trying to curb myself of obsessive weighing - once a week is much better if you're strong enough to do it. Definately remember to take measurements for any slow loss periods :)

Try your best to just keep to once a week

I can easily go on there 5-10 times a day, but I nipped it in the bud!! only narks you off when water weight creeps on!

When I weigh in I always do it first thing in the morning naked :)

I was weighing in too much when i did this last time, i felt like a slave to the scales. I couldn't stop :rolleyes: so I got rid of the scales in the end as i was up and down thinking 'ooh ive lost... ooh no ive gained'

so now I go to boots shop once a week to weigh in :)

Back