lighter life and ebay

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by BIG BIRDY, 17 February 2008 Social URL.

1. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    I have just been scouring ebay, only to have flashing before my eyes, and advert for lighter life! It's at the top of the page, moving and very evident. No wonder people then type in lighterlife on ebay and look for the goods!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    mmmmmmm:confused:

4. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    When I went to class last week my LLC was saying that they are dropping the fact that you have to at least 3 stone overweight to join as they'll be able to advertise it properly then - maybe that's now happened????

5. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    But I thought they were trying to stop ebay from selling it!

6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yes I think they will be ---- my comment was about it being advertised more widely rather than the ebay aspect .... think I just meandered a bit!

7. toller-girl

toller-girl constantly confused

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.59%)
    Diet:
    was Lighter Life, now Cambridge Diet
    Maybe it's to direct people who are looking for it on ebay straight to LL instead?

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

maybe you are right toller-girl but I think it may send the message that lighterlife support the product being sold on ebay. And I find it strange that they are lowering the 3 stone overweight to start approach - I thought the idea of vlcds was that they are best for people who are morbidly obese not those who just need to lose a little weight.

From my point of view, it would undermine LL. I have taken the below directly from the LL website - I hope the comment by one LLC is an error

Do GPs support LighterLife? LighterLife is medically monitored and works closely with medical experts, in line with government guidelines and in partnership with the NHS. GPs refer clients to the LighterLife Programme if they have three or more stone to lose.

and this is from their press pack

What is the LighterLife organisation?

[FONT=Arial,Arial]LighterLife is the UK’s leader in its field. It offers a well researched weight-loss and weight-management programme specifically for obese men and women who are three stone or more overweight[/FONT]​

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.