Lighter life for life?

westiedog

My LL lady briefly mentioned this to me last night on a drop in.

Has anyone heard of this? She said she would have to read up on it to see if it was worth it.

Official start date on LL including classes Friday 14th January :D.

Hello!
I haven't heard of it, what is it?
x

Yeah it's a LL Membership. I paid £1 for it last time i was there. Apparently you can take advantage of LL support and counselling for life for free. Plus you get discounts on things like shopping, eating out (!), holiday etc.
I need read up on it actually. I'm not so sure what i signed up for but for £1 it would be rude not to ;)

at our new class on friday our counsellor said something briefly about this - it was £15 for new members and was compulsory and £2.50 for anyone already doing LL or a returning member and was optional - she is going to explain more next week. x

My LLC told me that once you reach goal you're automatically a LL member for life and it doesn't cost anything extra unless you want to go back on packs. You can go to maintenance meetings every week if you want to, for free.

Is this something else?

I'm on Maintenance forever, whether I pay for it or not!:D

When I finished abstinence and RTM we were told that attending Maintainers would always be available and free.
The only thing we would have to pay for would be if we ever wanted to purchase packs or bars.
I go to the group nearly every week. I've never had to pay.
I just hope my LLC doesn't decide to pack up, she's great.

Maybe there's been a change since LLL was introduced?

Mine is the same as yours, sb. It's one of the reasons I eventually took the plunge. Very reassuring to have ongoing support once you reach your goal. Maintenance is the most challenging part, after all!

My LLC said it's £15 for new people. Old people are automatically members as long as they weigh in once every 5 years!!!' it is free for existing members.

tbh i think £15 is a bit steep when everyone else gets it free! and you dont get much for ur £15! in fact was meant to get a pedometre in my pack but didnt!! :(

I asked my LLC up about my pedometer, she said I will get on the second week. (not that I've done much walking this week) i am on my 6th day now and can't wait to get on them scales tomorrow. :)

We were told that it is free membership for people (LLT and LLL) already on the programme and £15 for newbies. You get to go to the group whenever you like and we got the magazine for free last week.

I asked my LLC up about my pedometer, she said I will get on the second week. (not that I've done much walking this week) i am on my 6th day now and can't wait to get on them scales tomorrow. :)

Its a bit annoying that you don't get any of the weight loss equipment if you are on LL Lite. I gently moaned a bit and got the pedometer and the fit ball!!

Yeah! I wasn't given a pedometer either! Or a ball thingy!

Hmm... I shall be making a hint tomorrow eve about that then! :)

xx

lucie_momof4 said:
For free?? who did you moan to? I want i want!!! lol xxx

I asked the LLC if they had any spares and that it wasn't fair that lite clients didn't get anything!

Back