LighterLIfe or BUST!

anniegolightly

Silver Member
Ok so this is strange!
Never ever written on a forum thingy before but as the whole Lighter Life Diet is something new too thought the supprt/chat could help as I try to make this work for me more than any diet ever has before!

Started the diet on Wednesday and its now Saturday evening- its going ok but I keep thinking "todays ok but can I do this for a whole week, month? How long before I blow this like all the other diets?"

I'm hoping that when I weigh on Wednesday the results will push me to keep going. I've read a few pages on here and everyone does so well- I'm just nervous I guess that I won't do as well. I've always been big and can't get my head around this might actually make me skinny :)

A warm welcome to you! :)

Good luck on your LL journey, look forward to reading about how you get on!!

And yes you can be skinny if you chose to be!?! xx

Thank you! :) I'm feeling inspired !

Ticker now too! Go me :p 98lbs OMG that sounds bad :(

98 pounds is not bad (take a look at mine!) Just a weight that you're not happy with & are taking positive steps to deal with it.

Yes, the weigh ins (I've found) are the best motivation with the classes and this forum coming a close second & third. Recommend keeping a diary (very good for venting & celebrating - something I definitley needed to replace food) as it's great to look back and see how far you've come. Keep us posted on how you get on hon, xx

I was thinking of keeping a photo log more than a written diary but I'm really keen for this to be my 'last' diet, so I'm actually thining what the heck- do both!

Thanks for the advice and will be posting Wednesday after weighing for sure! To get that ticker moving!

Welcome to the forum and well done for getting back on the packs. Looking forward to hearing about your journey. Xxxxx

Welcome and goodluck x

Good luck and welcome! Try not to worry too much about tomorrow. If you can stick to the plan for one day you know you can do it. You only ever have to do it today.

You can do this!

98 pounds is not bad (take a look at mine!) Just a weight that you're not happy with & are taking positive steps to deal with it.

Agree with Claire on the ammount of weight to loose. I have a significant chunk to loose to get to merely obese, cant get my head round getting to under 12 stone, so that is my goal. At least with this diet I know I can get there as long as I stick with it and that it will come of quickly and safely.

Always been a large girl myself and always thought shifting more than a stone or two out of my capabilities.This is my second time on Lighter life, first time shot myself in the foot by leaving before I did route to management and returning to my old stinky food habits. ( note to self "dont do it again stupid !") What I did gain from the experience however was that I learnt that I could be successful at loosing a significant ammount of weight 5 stone in total in four months. Never ever believed that it was a possibility for me, now I know different. I am back with a totally different head on, I'm ok now with the thought of being a thiner person. It doesn't mean that I will change only the extra padding wont be there.

Good luck with your journey. I've found writing on here helps as the support is amazing. Didn't do that last time just lurked and read posts.

Keep strong lovely xx

Best of luck with the diet :) Everyone on here is really supportive and I wish I'd discovered this forum a few weeks ago when I got a bit shaky! Hopefully you'll find once you're in ketosis that you get into the swing of things with the packs and you won't get bored. The big losses really help combat that feeling of boredom with shakes and soups. Looking forward to your photo journal too xx

Good Morning!

Thanks for the lovely messages- great start to the day!
Having my first 'bar' today and reading some pages this could be good but too good!
Off on a bank holiday day out tomorrow and I'm worried about tea time, when my friends, my hubby and the kids all sit down for food in some restaurant- what am I going to do? Watch?

Told my friend (she's really supportive) and she said she'd skip tea and have a coffee with me some place else but I know this is going to look weird and stuff.

Just had a toffee bar and peppermint tea for a late lunch. Good - nice and tasty and went well with the tea! Gonna fill a 1.5l bottle wish LL orange and it's out in the sunshine for me. Actually not feeling hungry as long as I don't smell Sunday dinners being cooked :(

Bank Holidays certainly do try our commitment to LL, don't they? Just remember - one day at a time! You can do it - I get myself a coffee and a sparkling water if we're out somewhere and people are eating. I end up worrying where to find the nearest loo and it makes me completely forget about food!!! ;)

You can do this, Annie. One thing that was said to me which stopped me feeling so 'deprived' was that it is OUR choice to abstain from food. No one is MAKING us do it and, in fact, we can eat any time we want to. If we REALLY want to. But why would we want to when, by having four packs a day we are having all the vitamins and minerals we need (we are probably better nourished than before the packs) and the weekly losses are TERRIFIC.

You're doing so well. Proud of ya! Just remember to tell yourself every day that YOU are proud of you!

Thanks for the words of wisdom! I did it! Whole day out and not a slip! I won't tell you what the rest ate but not a morsel! :) I'm starting to see the routine and feel in control. All good LL friends- a good day :)

Food today:

Breakfast: chocolate shake in the house

Lunch: peanut bar with peppermint tea in coffee shop

Tea: banana shake in KFC of all places

Supper: porridge in bed :)

And due to the walking at least 4litres of water

Well done you! Every time you get through what you perceive might be a trying day, your resolve strengthens and you become more and more positive that you CAN do it!

Here's to the incredible shrinking AnniegoLightly!! ;D

Well done Annie KFC and still stayed strong. RESPECT :worthy:

anniegolightly said:
Just had a toffee bar and peppermint tea for a late lunch. Good - nice and tasty and went well with the tea! Gonna fill a 1.5l bottle wish LL orange and it's out in the sunshine for me. Actually not feeling hungry as long as I don't smell Sunday dinners being cooked :(

The bars are lush hun. I aways look forward to them. Xxxxx

You are doing do well the weight coming off will spur you on to continue in abstinence xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back