Lightheaded!

Will do, Miss ;). I already have chickens and joint of lean beef on the shopping list for next time. I'll freeze once cooked/sliced/ portioned and will only have to remember to defrost in time...

Away with the fairies!

I have been on the Dukan diet for just over a week now - the weight loss has been fantastic - apart from today - up one and a quarter pounds - not sure why as I have definately not cheated - maybe just the water. But I feel quite exhausted most of the time and very light headed especially in the morning. I am definately eating enough - onto the Meat one day and Meat and Veg the next. I feel as though I am away with the fairies - concentration is very poor - I just somehow switch off! Is anyone feeling like this? If so, how can I overcome this? I like cycling and going to the gym - but I feel as though the muscles in my legs are wrecked - just no energy in them. What am I doing wrong?

I like cycling and going to the gym - but I feel as though the muscles in my legs are wrecked - just no energy in them. What am I doing wrong?

This is exactly what is happening - the muscles in your legs are where the body stores glycogen to draw on when extra power is needed. Glycogen is created from carboydrates. The Dukan diet works by reducing the amount glycogen/carbohydrate in the body to the point where it is forced to burn fat for energy instead, and you lose weight...

This is why the diet suggest only mild exercise in the earliest stages of the diet.

Give your body time to adjust, and gradually build your level of exercise back up to normal levels over the course of the next week or so.

Back