liitle tip for avoiding chocolate

Miss Lush

(hope im posting in the right area BTW?)

Not sure if many of you guys and girls do this, but when (not IF;)) I get a chocolate craving, I go and brush my teeth or have a mint!!

I find it realy helps as I dont want to eat the goodies when my mouth is all minty and by the time the "coolness" subsides, so has my cravings for anything sugary :D

Yep it works! Just posted a similar thread in the slimfast area re distraction techniques lol! Another of my favourites is go and paint your nails if you feel the munchies coming on! You can't go and eat if you have wet nails, and the smell of the varnish puts you off!!

Yep it works! Just posted a similar thread in the slimfast area re distraction techniques lol! Another of my favourites is go and paint your nails if you feel the munchies coming on! You can't go and eat if you have wet nails, and the smell of the varnish puts you off!!

I like that 1! Shall remember and try it.

Yeah my nails are always perfect lately, lol!

I'm a hardcore chocoholic, unfortunately... if I brushed my teeth every time I thought about chocolate, I'd wear my gums away! :p

I have to have little substitutes that I can munch instead so I don't feel too deprived, or else I know I'll end up going nuts inside Thornton's! I love Alpen light cereal bars, snackajacks chocolate popcorn, skinny cow chocolate ice creams. If you're in the grip of a bad craving, they can really hit the spot. If I could never have anything chocolatey-ish, I'd go nuts very, very quickly.

Im going to try the teeth brushing trick!

i use sugarfree gum ... but I think i'll try the teeth cleaning trick .. will save me money buying gum AND at the dentist :D

I usually think "Shorsh, chocolate is just milk and fat, milk and fat!!!"

I’ve not tried the tooth paste trick yet :brushing teeth:I just drink a pint of water:spit:. I'd give the nail varnish ago but don’t much like the colours my WIFE has. :rotflmao:

ha ha! yeah, maybe not such a good look for most men. I once heard that the smell of vanilla puts you off chocolate. I bought a vanilla candle and it works. I think its because it is such a sickly sweet smell that you don't want anything sweet.

I’m glade it smelt sweet but what I what to know is how did it taste????:rolleyes:

Sorry can't spell to toffee. that is if I could have some....

The varnish probably tasted foul but stuke your lips tightly togather so reducing the hunger!!

Back