Like a rubber ball...

Tenacious-D

... I've come bouncing back to you.

Hi everyone and hi Mini et al.
I was a very active member here a few years back - I was Russiandoll back then but I've forgotten my log in details so I decided to have a clean sweep and start again under my new name, Tenacious-D (so I've gone from RD to TD :) )
Why tenacious? Well because I've been a yo yo dieter for around 30 years but have never given up. I've tried just about every weight loss plan going and have even had gastric surgery.
A lot has happened since I was last here (including ups and downs in the weight loss department) and I'm looking forward to meeting new people and maybe connecting with some old faces.

I've just restarted a VLCD (CWP) but will be changing to SnS at the end of the month so I'm hoping to find (and offer) support to everyone on the same journey.

TD x (aka Debbie)

Welcome back Debbie:)

Nothing like a fresh start to get you motivated again.

If you like to set up a diary in the CWP forum for now and it can be moved if you wish later on.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Welcome back Debbie:)

Nothing like a fresh start to get you motivated again.

If you like to set up a diary in the CWP forum for now and it can be moved if you wish later on.

Looking forward to chatting with you.

Thanks for the welcome Mini. Great to be here again. Things have certainly changed from the early Minimins days! :)

....Well I can't say I have:( for I'm back in the seventeens and trying to battle my way out once again...this time with the help of Slimming World.

I've been the usual Yo Yo Mini - just started back on a VLCD last week to try and get a grip before I regain everything I lost.

Well that is the right approach, nip it in the bud before it gathers unstoppable momentum, unlike me, once I lose the plot I go into denial, then hide until I am ready to face myself and the world again.:oops:

I just noticed the title of this thread...very good:D

I'm VERY much like you Mini. I do well, get 'in the zone' then something happens and I lose the plot. Weight piles back on - and on - and on then something clicks again and I'm back on the merry-go-round. One thing that's consistent though is that I never actually reach my goal. One day maybe...

I think I'll probably start up a 'general' diary as I'm likely to be changing plans and I don't want to make this attempt just about losing weight - my life generally is interlinked with whether I lose weight or not so I won't to look at things more holistically.

Anyway - good luck with SW - I know loads of people who've done REALLY well with it xx

I think one of the reasons I never reached goal before is that it was set too low and unrealistic, so therefore, I had already built in the self sabotage from the start...so this time I have set it to the weight I know is achievable having been there a few times or near to it...

Fully understand about the general diary and looking at things more holistically...

So far my losses with SW are very slow and the temptation to do a vlcd is never to far from my mind...however, my health has not been great since Christmas after having that virus everyone seems to of had and I'm now focused on building my health and hopeful my energy and fitness will come back and my weight loss will improve.

See you on your new diary:)

Back