Lil miss chatterbox's food diary

lil miss chatterbox

Silver Member
Ok, I started slimming world 3 1/2 weeks ago, and so far have lost 7lbs:D. But, I've gone off the rails rather a lot over the last few days:break_diet:, so thought starting a food diary thread will help keep me on track:rolleyes:. I am mainly following Extra Easy, but may have the odd red and green day too. Please let me know if I'm doing this right, or if there are any mistakes I've missed. Thanks.

So, my food plan for today is:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEx B)
250ml semi skimmed milk (HEx A)
Banana (superfree)
Nectarine (superfree)
100ml Probiotic yoghurt (3 syns)

Lunch: Pasta salad:
pasta (free)
peas (free)
sweetcorn (free)
carrot (superfree)
28g reduced fat cheddar cheese (4 syns)
orange (superfree)
kiwi (superfree)

Dinner: Baked potato (free)
Chilli con carne:
Extra lean mince beef (free)
onion (superfree)
frylight (free)
red and green peppers (superfree)
lentils (free)
kidney beans (free)
worcester sauce (superfree)
tabasco (superfree)
chilli spices (superfree)
tinned tomatoes (free)

Snack: pear (superfree)
200ml white grape juice (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 11.5

ok, managed to stick to eating plan yesterday mainly. Just added 1 fruit yoghurt for 1.5 syns, bringing syns total up to 13. Still under my 15 though :D
Food plan for today:

Breakfast: 2 tesco light choices cumberland sausages (2 syns), 2 poached eggs (free), 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEx B), 1 kiwi & 1 nectarine (superfree)

Lunch: chicken noodle soup, from sachet, (6.5 syns), rice with peas (free), pear & banana (superfree)

Dinner: pasta bolognaise, using ingredients from yesterday's post (free), topped with grated cheese (HEx A)

200ml blueberry & cranberry juice (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 15

Hi LMC, :welcome2: to minimins, good to have you here.
You're food looks amazing and I am so pleased to see you are using the majority of your syns, they are there to be used, fat is as important in the plan as much as all the superfree foods...so very well done.
I would love to know a little more about you personally, not only because I'm nosey :giggle: but because it helps me to build up a picture of you and your journey so far.
I won't say good luck as I don't believe we need luck, this is about our choices, so I will say well done in advance and you will find that everyone on minimins is more than willing to help in anyway they can :hug99: xxx

A bit about me...hmm let's see:

I'm a full time mum of two children, aged 5 & 6, and also a wife of 9 years. I've had weight problems most of my life, but after having my youngest I knew I needed to lose weight and got down from 16 1/2 stone to 12 stone. But in December 2008 I was put on anti-depressants for 15 months, and over that time gained an horrific 7 stone! I have since been trying to lose weight, on and off, mainly through calorie counting, but couldn't stick to it. And over the last 21 months gained another 3 stone. Now I'm determined that this time I WILL win!
I think my weight problems probably stem from my home when I was growing up. My Mum would constantly comfort eat instead of talking about emotional problems, and I learnt to do the same. Comfort eating is probably going to be the hardest thing for me to stop, but I know I must learn.

Thanks for popping by.

Hi LMC, That's better now I know you a bit better lol
Comfort eat, yep still do that and probably always will, what I have changed is what I comfort eat...instead of sweets, chocolates, crisps etc, I now eat Sugar free jelly, fruit by the bucket load and any low fat or free foods I can find, yep that didn't happen over night and even on the very odd occasion I may turn to crisps, I'm not really a chocolate person, but again I try to make them low fat as possible but if I don't succeed then the most successful thing I have learnt to do is to draw a line under it and start afresh immediately....we are all human after all.
Determination and a setting goals is all you really need to do and you sound like you have done both. As I said before you won't be short of encouragement and one of the best things you can do for yourself is to join one or more of the many ongoing challenges on these boards....you will get more than you could ever dream of in help and support on them and it helps to keep you focused too, cos you set your own targets...be it weight or exercise or any other kind of challenge you can think of.
Night night hun and sweet dreams :zz: see you tomorrow :hug99: xxx

Yesterday was another good day :) I even got the wii fit out, and did 30 minutes on it.

Today's food plan:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEx B), milk (from HEx A allowance), banana & apple (superfree)

Lunch: baked potato (free), tinned spaghetti (free), fruit yoghurt (1.5 syns), orange (superfree)

Dinner: 1 thin richmond pork sausage (3 syns), mashed potato (made with milk from HEx A, no buter) (free), carrots & broccoli (superfree)

Snack: 20g galaxy cookie crumble (5.5 syns)
200ml white grape juice (4.5 syns)

Total syns: 14.5

Food looks brilliant, wii fit too, you go girl :girlpower: xxx:hug99: xxx

Did wii fit again 2day, yay! but not sure how weekend will go food-wise or exercise wise as out 2moro... WI on Sunday for me, so we will see.

Today will be a red day.

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs (free), kiwi & nectarine (superfree), 1 fruit yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Lunch: sandwich: 2 slices wholemeal bread (HEx B), cheese (HEx A), ham (free), no butter.
eat smart banoffee cereal bar (HEx B), yellow plum, orange, apple (superfree)

Dinner: Beef cannelloni ready meal (300g) (12.5 syns), stir fried vegetables, fried in frylight (superfree)

Dessert: sugar free jelly

2lbs off this week! that's 9lbs in total now! yay!

Today, and every Sunday will be a calorie counting day, with a maximum limit of 2000 calories, as it will be impossible to following SW when at my mother-in-laws for lunch.

So today:
Breakfast: branflakes, milk and raisins
Snack: eat smart banoffee cereal bar
Lunch: chicken sandwich, on white bread, mini babybel light, hula hoops, apple, banana, WW fromage frais
Dinner: quorn escalope, red pepper stuffed with savoury rice, and a side serving of stir fried vegetables

Total: 1954 calories. Back to SW tomorrow :)

:woohoo: :winner: well done on the loss, amazing...good idea to calorie count while at MIL's , shows by your weightloss it's working.
Well done again hun and hope you have lovely evening :hug99: xxx

OK, todays food plan. EE day:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HEx B), milk (HEx A), kiwi & orange (superfree)

Lunch: 1 bowl Homemade vegetable soup (0.5 syns): potatoes, swede, carrots, sweetcorn, red & yellow peppers, any other veg I can find lol, and 1 vegetable stock cube.
apple (superfree), yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Dinner: 2 thin Richmond pork sausages (6 syns), 1 yorkshire pudding (3 syns), carrots & green beans (superfree), SW roast potatoes (free)

Total: 11 syns

Today's food plan:

Breakfast: 1 yoghurt (1.5 syns), 1 banana (superfree), 1 cereal bar (HEx B)

Lunch: homemade vegetable soup (0.5 syns), chicken supernoodles (free...I think?), nectarine & apple (superfree)

Dinner: 2 thin Richmond pork sausages (6 syns), carrots & swede (superfree), macaroni cheese: macaroni (free), cheese sauce, using cheese as HEx A, (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

Today is a green day:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs (free), 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEx B), butter (2 syns), pear

Snack: piece of flapjack (homemeade) (4.5 syns)

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup (0.5 syns), pasta with vegetables (free), apple, banana & nectarine

Dinner: Homemade pizza: 1 wholemeal pitta bread (HEx B), 1tbsp tomato puree (0.5 syns), onion & pepper (superfree), cheese (HEx A), oven chips (4 syns), broccoli (superfree)

Today is a green day:

Breakfast: 2 poached eggs (free), 2 slices wholemeal toast (HEx B), butter (2 syns), pear

Snack: piece of flapjack (homemeade) (4.5 syns)

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup (0.5 syns), pasta with vegetables (free), apple, banana & nectarine

Dinner: Homemade pizza: 1 wholemeal pitta bread (HEx B), 1tbsp tomato puree (0.5 syns), onion & pepper (superfree), cheese (HEx A), oven chips (4 syns), broccoli (superfree)

Yummm. Sounds lovely.

Hope you have a good day.

Back