Lil miss chatterbox's food diary

Hey, just read through yr diary :) yr doing really well so don't give up!!

If I was to make a suggestion it would be to have more superfree with breakfast and when snacking! :) hope you don't mind me making this suggestion.
It's the reason why I don't have many EE days nowadays, I couldn't face as much SF with breakfasts and some meals (the ones I really like) are 'ruined' when having to add as much SF!!

Keep at it tho and the weight will come off! :) you have the correct attitude xx

Thanks for that. Will definately up the superfree. My biggest problem is I eat all the fruit early in the week, then start to run out later in the week, so maybe I should experiment more with red and green days too. Don't feel bad for nagging, it's what I need!

Week 7, Day 2, EE

Breakfast: cereal bar (HEx B), banana, nectarine & 2 satsumas (superfree)

Lunch: Homemade vegetable soup (0.5 syns), baked potato (free) with cheese (HEx A) and side salad (superfree), fruit salad (superfree)

Dinner: Chilli con carne: (extra lean beef mince, frylight, onion, celery, lentils, kidney beans, peas, sweetcorn, tin tomatoes, worcestershire sauce, chilli powder) (free) and rice (free) with side salad (superfree)

Total syns: 20.5/105

Week 7, Day 3. Valentines day!!

Breakfast: banana, 2 satsumas (superfree), cereal bar (HEx B)

Lunch: Pasta, peas, sweetcorn (free) with 28g cheese (HEx A), yoghurt (1.5 syns), apple (superfree) & fruit salad (superfree)

Dinner: Lamb steak (fat removed) (free), SW roast potatoes (free), broccoli & green beans (superfree), 1 yorkshire pudding (3 syns), side salad (superfree)

Dessert: WW banoffee pie (8.5 syns), 350ml peartiser (8.5 syns)

Syns: 42/105 (Day 3)

Been very demotivated today :( not feeling 100%, and a bit down. Have had a day completely off plan :eek: with naan bread at lunchtime, and chippy for dinner. i dread to think of the syns. i wonder how much of feeling off colour is to do with the junk I've had ;)
I know I'm probably waffling a bit, lol, but just wondered if anyone who's reading this could tell me how vital drinking water is to help weight loss, and give me any tips on how to remember to drink more. also, is it true that drinking more suppresses the appetite?

Anyway, I think it's time to draw a line under today's synful day, and start with a fresh mind tomorrow. So here's my line

I think I'll just try to take one day at a time. Definately getting back on the wii fit tomorrow too. :)

What a lovely line you've drawn - one of the best I've seen ;) I had a chippy break yesterday too after WI. But I think your line is nicer than mine.:) Well done for coming on here and fessing up.

Water is important but I can't really quantify how important. I know I'm supposed to drink a minimum of 2 litres to Sydney healthy and theory is that stuff like coffee and pop shouldn't count as they actually dehydrate you.

I know when I first had my transplant I had to keep 500mls ahead of measured output - which goes into overdrive BTW and I couldn't eat hardly anything as my belly was always full of water. I was on about a gallon and a half a day for three days. :eek: Gallon is 5 ltrs so probably about 8 litres a day. Twas damned hard work. Also no time to eat for running to the loo every hour day & night. Boy was I cream crackered after that:eek:

I also heard a theory that if you fancy something bad you should go and drink a big glass of water and wait 10 mins as most of hunger is really thirst. :rolleyes:

You could try measuring out a litre bottle full and always having it with you. And make sure you refill it at least once per day. Or use smaller bottles and set yourself goals of 1 per hour or something like that. You'll get into the habit quite quickly though. :D

Thanks for the tip. Have started today quite well. I'm not water's biggest fan, lol, but don't really drink pop either. This morning I've already had a glass of no added sugar squash (only 2 calories!) and a mug of herbal tea, and am starting to feel better already.

I haven't thought about my food plan for today yet, but for breakfast I had 2 weetabix (HEx B), milk (HEx A), 2 satsumas & 1 nectarine (superfree) and 1 yoghurt (1.5 syns) and I'm actually full!

Thanks for the tip. Have started today quite well. I'm not water's biggest fan, lol, but don't really drink pop either. This morning I've already had a glass of no added sugar squash (only 2 calories!) and a mug of herbal tea, and am starting to feel better already.

I haven't thought about my food plan for today yet, but for breakfast I had 2 weetabix (HEx B), milk (HEx A), 2 satsumas & 1 nectarine (superfree) and 1 yoghurt (1.5 syns) and I'm actually full!

You're welcome - hope it helps. :D

Your food sounds good so far;) Is it more than you usually eat or do you think the water and herbal tea is helping to fill you up?

I copuld be a day or so before the clensing effects of all the water take hold but the detox should be good for you.:D

Hope you continue to have a good day.:D

Usually I'll just have cereal/toast or porridge for breakfast. so adding fruit is definately eating more. But I never usually feel full, and end up snacking all morning. Have been drinking like a fish all morning! And I survived with just an apple for a snack (more superfree!!)

Lunch today was: 1 cod fillet, poached (free) with parsley sauce (3 syns), loads of green beans (superfree) and SW chips (free) I'm sure I'm getting better at making these SW chips, as they seem to taste better each time, and are now a firm family favourite! I also had a bowl of fresh fruit salad (superfree) and another yoghurt (1.5 syns)

Dinner will be spaghetti bolognaise with broccoli (all free!)

Then I'll have a 200ml glass of orange juice later (4.5 syns)

So today's syns: 10.5

Hey LMC, water is so important hunni for many reasons, the first and foremost reason is it flushes out the toxins in our bodies, mostly through our urine...our body is made up of about 70% ish water (that's not including the fat), water also contains loads of nutrients that our body needs, it keeps our temps steady, keeps our eyes lubricated, keeps us from getting constipated, relieves headaches, tiredness, and lubricates our organs, digestive and mucous tracts, so it's really an important addative to anyone's diet.
As Patsy said it's a well known fact that if you're feeling hungry it could actually turn out that it's not hunger at all but thirst.
If you are exercising water is extremely important, the more you sweat the more you lose of the water in your body, it could be as much as 10 litres a day and to be honest your body is so finely tuned that you'd only have to be a few mls short of what your body needs before you get thirsty and in case you didn't know it, thirst is the first sign of dehydration, the second you feel thirsty you are already becoming dehydrated......on average an adult will lose about 2.5ltrs of water per day and that should be replaced to keep us finely tuned.
I find a great way to drink my water is to always have a glass of water or in my case a pint of water with every meal and snack, that can be 5meals and snacks a day so straight away thats 5 pints, I have at least 1 pint of water with each hour of exercise I do and I take a pint of water to bed with me...on average I would say I drink about 7 or 8 pints of water a day...I have 1 coffee in the morning, I don't drink squash as I don't like it and I rarely drink anything else, I'm not mad about water on it's own but love it with loads of ice and can drink that all day....I hope that helps hun.
Hope you're feeling better now :hug99:
Food looks great as usual xxxxx

Thanks for the info Lily. I realise now that I often become dehydrated, as I have often gone 9-10 hours between drinks, and then have been gasping. I definately found that upping the fluid yesterday meant I ate a lot less too. so will definately try harder.

Think it's about time I wrote down today's menu.

Breakfast: shreddies (HEx B), and milk (HEx A), apple & 2 kiwis (superfree)

Lunch: savoury rice (free), yoghurt (1.5 syns), bag of pombear crisps (5 syns)

Snack: mini cheddars (6.5 syns) :eek:

Dinner will be: Jacket potato (free), spaghetti (free) and lots of salad, followed by 2 satsumas and grapes (hopefully) (superfree) - I need to go shopping! out of fruit & veg at mo!

So far today I have drank 2.5 litres water/low-calorie squash, and intend to get through a further 2 litres (at least) this evening.

Syns: 13

Daughter's bday 2day. Weighed in this morning and had lost 1lb! :D
I'm sure it's the water that's finally started the weight moving again, after the week i had. not done food for wkend, as can't remember everything, but will post 2moro's plan 2moro.:)

today's food plan:

Breakfast: museli (HEx B), low fat natural yoghurt (0.5 syns), banana (superfree), cereal bar (4 syns), 1 pint water

Snack: 2 pints water, 2 satusumas, apple, plum, nectarine (superfree), prawn cocktail shells (4.5 syns)

Lunch: homemade quiche (free): spring onions, carrots, tomatoes, peas, sweetcorn, ham, eggs & quark.
green beans (superfree) 1 pint water

Afternoon: 2 pints water

Dinner: stir fry veg (superfree), rice noodles (free) & stir fry sauce (6 syns) 1 pint water

Evening: 2 pints water

Total syns: 15
Fluid: 9 pints

Yeah, only problem with drinking so much is I'm up and down to the loo all day like a yo-yo!

Back