Lipotrim 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm New : )

hey everyone!!

i'm new to this whole lipotrim thing....getting my packs and everything tomorrow and i really can't wait!

starting it later than i wanted to; but better late than never :eek:

any tips or anything would be great!!

reading all the stories has been fab and i'm soooo looking forward to it now!!!:D

x:px

Pink
You could always decide to be THE success story. Sounds like you still lose the weight on the diet but can't stick to it. it is def. true that it is harder but.... this doesn't mean it is not doable. I know for a fact that this is true. On VHI.ie there is a diet and nutrition section where there are many women who have maintained on lipotrim and started and restarted. You have to be a member of VHI to comment and be a part of that support network but you can easily read the archives and you will find many women who have done this diet and refed and then returned and refed and lost many stones and then maintained. Have a look. I really believe it is possible to restart this diet and for you to lose this weight if you keep the determination necessary to sustain a few months. Lots of women do it and you can too. I know I have fallen off the wagon since I have restarted but I think it is about trying and trying and trying and looking to succeed not looking for excuses to fail. If no-one has done it before then this doesn't mean I can't do it - just means i will be the first. I can do it and so can you - its all about you choosing. Your body and mind are always as weak as you let them be that's why we are all on this diet in the first place. I can find hundreds of reasons not to continue the diet every single time I break it. At the end of the day, I am not happy being 17, 27 or 47 lbs over weight. Just because it is 17 lbs doesn't make it any less easy to cope with. I am not happy at this size and it is all relative. Good luck with whatever you decide - you know deep down what you can and can't do. Have you heard the saying 'methinks he doth protest too much'. That is what comes to my mind when I read your posts because you have already decided you can't do it but deep down you know you want to. Just get on again and go for it girl. You might surprise yourself. Stop thinking about how long it'll take and how far you have to go and just go one day at a time!

Colly

AshleyB

Hiya, good luck with it. This is hard to do in the beginning but once you get thru' that first week or two you will be delighted with yourself. Drink lots of water and rest as much as you can in the first few days. I would say, 4 days of torture but by day 7 when you w/in you will be amazed at the results - so amazed you will know you can do it for another 7 days.

Good luck

Colly

Welcome Ashley B, I joined 2 weeks ago, and have lost 10lbs already. 1st few days tough but stick with it, you'll be glad you did!

Pink
You could always decide to be THE success story. Sounds like you still lose the weight on the diet but can't stick to it. it is def. true that it is harder but.... this doesn't mean it is not doable. I know for a fact that this is true. On VHI.ie there is a diet and nutrition section where there are many women who have maintained on lipotrim and started and restarted. You have to be a member of VHI to comment and be a part of that support network but you can easily read the archives and you will find many women who have done this diet and refed and then returned and refed and lost many stones and then maintained. Have a look. I really believe it is possible to restart this diet and for you to lose this weight if you keep the determination necessary to sustain a few months. Lots of women do it and you can too. I know I have fallen off the wagon since I have restarted but I think it is about trying and trying and trying and looking to succeed not looking for excuses to fail. If no-one has done it before then this doesn't mean I can't do it - just means i will be the first. I can do it and so can you - its all about you choosing. Your body and mind are always as weak as you let them be that's why we are all on this diet in the first place. I can find hundreds of reasons not to continue the diet every single time I break it. At the end of the day, I am not happy being 17, 27 or 47 lbs over weight. Just because it is 17 lbs doesn't make it any less easy to cope with. I am not happy at this size and it is all relative. Good luck with whatever you decide - you know deep down what you can and can't do. Have you heard the saying 'methinks he doth protest too much'. That is what comes to my mind when I read your posts because you have already decided you can't do it but deep down you know you want to. Just get on again and go for it girl. You might surprise yourself. Stop thinking about how long it'll take and how far you have to go and just go one day at a time!

Colly

Hi fatloser,

I totally agree with your post, but I have to stress each time i have gone back on this, it is horrific as far as symtoms and not down to my willpower. I have had to come off it for health reason whereas the first time I did it my body totally accepted it but ever since my body is totally fighting it. Its not just your average heachace, hunger pangs, light headed usual symptoms everyone gets. I used to always think I was trying to hard and not giving my body enough time to get over it. And each time I left it longer and longer before trying again but each time my body was having none of it.

One of the times I had to come off it as my blood pressure had dropped so low and nearly fainted twice. Another time I was on it 3 weeks and took 1 ducolax and was just about to be rushed to hospital with severe pains (worse than childbirth) which made me think that my insides were being totally messed up. Thank god I held off going to the hospital and it finally subsided after 6 hours of intense pain.

I know my posts may sound like I am making excuses, well trust me I aint, my concerns are over the way the body reacts the second time around. I am not going back on this and giving up 2 or 3 days later. I am manging maybe 2 or 3 weeks and then its total panic stations as far as my health is concerned.

The last time I tried this if you look back at my posts I felt totally fantastic for 6 days solid, I had awful headache the first day and half of day 2 which is totally understandable and then went on to feel totally great. By the end of day 6 I was not able to function, every muscle in my body ached, I was practically seeing stars and my daughter commented on how dark I had got all of a sudden under my eyes she was shocked and my hubby worried at how fast I went downhill within the matter of 3 hours.

So its not lack of willpower, its the horrific symptoms that has me thinking, can this be done a second time around or does your body really put up a fight and know what is about to happen to it.

I actually managed last year to do this for 3 weeks and give up smoking at the same time as lipotrim so my willpower is great and always has been in that respect. But yet again it was not the smoking that got the better of me but the lipotrim.

I know my last post sounded like nothing but excuses but it did not mean to come across that way. I just know that all this is not in my head and would love someone to prove me wrong, I dont mean someone who is breaking it for a day and then going back on it, I want to hear of someone who can last a straight couple of months second time around.

I know I could easily hop back onto it 2 days later after coming off it but that is defeating the object of lipo and in my opinion wasting so much money only to be out of ketosis and feeling terrible all over again.

Sorry dont mean to sound harsh but its so frustrating trying to get my point across at what this is actually doing to my body ever since I lost the weight 2 year ago.

I am not knocking the diet at all cause I know it works, I just cant understand that no matter how long I stay on it when I try again, I feel so dreadful to the point of where it scares me.

You talk about, if you want to do this then you will and how I could be the first sucess story. Well trust me I would love to be, I am writing these posts cause I am so frustrated that my body wont accept it and this is why I have tried and tried to get back onto it to PROVE my body will one day accept it again but its just not happening and if I do find a sucess story then maybe one day IT COULD WORK FOR ME AGAIN. Maybe I need a total of a year or 2 break from it, who knows!!!!

hey everyone!!

i'm new to this whole lipotrim thing....getting my packs and everything tomorrow and i really can't wait!

starting it later than i wanted to; but better late than never :eek:

any tips or anything would be great!!

reading all the stories has been fab and i'm soooo looking forward to it now!!!:D

x:px

hi, good luck and stick with it, you'll be amazed.... i've just had my second weigh in and i'm still in shock.....

have a good week x

Hey I'm new too, i'm finding this website really useful for motivation, and its great to see everyone doing really well!!!

hi all
i started tfr last wednesday , this is my second time to do this , this time last year i did it for 8 wks and lost 3 stone did ivf in the august got pregnant and had my dd 8 weeks ago. i lied to my pharmacist last week and told him baby was 12 wks old and he allowed me start, i have actually found the last week on tfr easier than last year as now i can visulise (sp) what skiny me looked like without he weight last year and that keeps me going also i was so much happier skinny than i am now. i had a bad fall in pregnancy so i was unable to move for most of the pregnancy so i pilled on the pounds from eating v badly!! i hope my story can encourage some f you to keep with it my tricks are to have shake at 11am , 3pm and soup at 7.30pm and lots of water in between. also on the back of my door i have a chart of how many pounds i need to loose and each week i x of how many i have lost. anyhow sorry for going on my start weight thid time is 17st 3lb so i have a long way to go thid time i will update you tomorrow with my 1st weigh in results

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2cs1Tc/

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to all this too, started LT last Thurs and am amazed i've got this far. Reading all the threads on here really makes you want to carry on... Looking forward to my weigh in on Thurs ...

Welcome to the forum SuzyQ :) Good to have you on-board - make sure you keep us posted on your WIs!

~Gem

thanks everyone for the words of encouragement : ) day ones been fab!!!actually really suprised how nice the shakes are LOL

how do i get one of those ticker things?! :)

xx

Pink,

Perhaps this diet is not for you - sounds like you're having a severe reaction - quite possible that your body cannot take ketosis. We are all different and you need to find something right for you. Ketosis over extended periods of time can be said to change the acidity of your blood and affect organs etc in some people :)airquote:Wikipedia). That's why the diet should be monitored by a doctor/chemist. I hope you find what's right for you.

All the best x :flowers:

Hi Colly and Guenevere
have been off line a few days computer problems. so how are you guys getting on. sticking to it? went for weigh in number 2 last saturday down another 8.5 lbs so that 17.5lb. thrilled.
colly did you do your charity walk. i did mine after a few days on it i was worried i wouldn't have the energy but actually i felt great after it. Pink ignore your aunt. i think its awful when people feel they have the right to tell you you've gained weight. i saw this comedian one time and she said she was single and miserable and at her sisters wedding and her nasty elderly neighbour elbowed her and said "you'll be next" she said 6 months later she she was at a funeral and same nasty neighbour was there and the girl elbowed her back and said "you'll be next". i thought that was so funny. people open their mouths before they think. i have had people say the most hurtful things to me about weight, but let me tell you every time feel hungry and sit watching everyone have dinner etc i replay those comments in my mind and think ...i'll show ye!!!
what doesn't kill us makes us stronger ;)

Honeybelle,

Great to see you are sticking to it and well done on your losses. Secretly I'm jealous because I did do my charity walk but...... binged before and after. Anyway, started again on Monday and I'm trying again. Doing well so far. I need better commitment. I am just sorry I didn't come on here first and then think about having something. I need to plug into the site before the dirty deed. Anyway, losses will show my weakness but.... God loves a trier and I'm trying.

My in-laws are down now for four or five days so I've told em a friend let me have the tail end of a diet she was on!!! What a fibber. I'm going for w/in thurs am so I'll see how I've done this week. Hope by then some of the damage will be salvaged.

Keep shakin - you are doing so well

Colly

Can'twait

U r an inspiration. You sound so determined I just know you can do this. I felt so much happier skinny too - just can't wait to get over the hump of breaking it all the time. I'm gonna find some good excuses, hook hell or high water to stick with it this week until I can lose at least 15lbs and then I'll do the refeed. This is my second time round too but I keep cheating and wasting the whole effort. Someone needs to bang me on the head!!

Colly

hey everyone. how is everybody?well its my 1st WI tomz and im dead excited!!!
hows everyone getting on??
xxx

Pink,

Perhaps this diet is not for you - sounds like you're having a severe reaction - quite possible that your body cannot take ketosis. We are all different and you need to find something right for you. Ketosis over extended periods of time can be said to change the acidity of your blood and affect organs etc in some people :)airquote:Wikipedia). That's why the diet should be monitored by a doctor/chemist. I hope you find what's right for you.

All the best x :flowers:
Hi, thank you so much for that info. I know none of this is me imagining it or lack of willpower etc. My body is just a complete mess when I go on this stuff like every organ does shut down!!!! Its very interesting that you say about body not being able to take ketosis, would this explain why all the horrific symtoms start after I get into ketosis??? I can fly past the first 5 or 6 days and then from thereon in its awful not better. This is what totally confuses me how as time goes on I should be feeling better but in fact its worse I get. Maybe you have finally solved the mystery to this for me.

The other week I was on it I felt fantastic and on day 6 my whole body was starting to shut down. When I say shut down It was like being drugged, muscles ached, eyes hurt, could barley walk from one end of the room to other. Dark circles suddenly appeared under my eyes within a matter of an hour or so. Other times I have tried to go on it I can get to week 3 and it all kicks off. Its totally mad!!!!

I find it so frustrating as I done it 2 year ago and no problems whatsoever and I want this weight off I really do and I know lipo is quick and actually easy cause all guess work is taken out etc.

Started a healthy eating plan yesterday and I must admit I am feeling great today, not half as tired etc. I have cut out white bread, potatoes, sweet stuff so I have been sticking to chicken, fish, veg and brown bread and already I am not feeling bloated. I am also sticking to the 4 litres of water a day, I might as well take some good from the Lipo :D

Thanks again, I am actually starting to think its some sort of reaction now. Cantwait08, I really cannot wait to see how you get on as your story is pretty similar (apart from the baby:D) but time wise and weight wise you are my perfect candidate to prove this can be done second time around and if you can, then its obviously me personally who's body cannot tolerate lipo anymore :cry:

Thanks again.

p.s. Just want to say aswell that I too also remember how brilliant I felt being skinny and it totally kills me that I cannot get back onto this stuff cause I would know now what NOT to do when I came of it. Beleive it or not it was one simple ice cream cone that started me off on my re-gaining the weight my body just went beserk for sugar after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back