Lisa's food diary

I do red and green days and try to hve two hex but it is hard some days so try if having a red day to incorporate more meat if your not a fan of dairy/bread or pasta/pots on a green!!

You don't seem to be having any syns?! Have you not included them?! Just highlighting it bc i now weightlosses can be lower of no syns at all your supposed to have between 5-10 every day!!! Xxx

We are going to try our first red day on saturday, we do eat meat but for work days and stuff the green looked easier for us.

I have had some sins but find it hard to eat something when I know its a sin, do you really loose more weight if you have sins? I know I will probably go over my allowance on friday as its my friends birthday!

Good point Mizkirsty,

I don't know about losing more weight if you have your syns (? that doesn't make sense to me but I know some people say that it's true) but I certainly think it makes this plan more sustainable and long term. So I would say to you, use them when you want to/need to and certainly try to stick to at least 5 (averaged through the week) but more like 10-15 ideally (then you can reduce them later in the journey if you want to try that). The other thing that is great is that when you use your syns, you don't need to feel guilty. That is such a great feeling to have something (like chocolate/alcohol or whatever is your fancy) and really enjoy it. I started by aiming for the lower end but now I just use them when I want to and if I go up to 15, that's fine, I just enjoy it. And if I don't, that's fine too !

Gail x

Well I'm not sure 100% if you get bigger losses but from experience people do tend to get smaller losses or no loss in my group if no syns and I used flexi syns last night and was gonna have 3.5 today an my consultant told me no to make sure I had at least 5!!!
Remember the plan is to become a way of life rather than another diet!! It's not like ww where you save up syns for the end the week!!
I would def try to have 5 a day!!
For instance if your having spag Bol on a red day the mince meat is free so syn the pasta it does mean weighing it but that's how I make sure I get them in :) let us know how your weigh in goes!! Xxx

Thanks so much for the comments guys, I lost ...... 4lbs !!!!!!!!!!! So happy

Day 7 - green day - drank light squash and diet coke

Breakfast - Large pear and HI HI bar HE
Snack- summer berries and fromage frais
Lunch - Leftover quorn curry and rice with salad (all free). 2xbabybel HE, muller light
Snack - apple and orange
Dinner - SW chips, eggs and peas
Snack - scan bran with laughing cow (HE &HE) and blueberries

Well done Lisa,

That's a great start.

Gail x

Day 8- green day. Drank diet coke and squash

Breakfast - a pear and a hi fi bar (HE)
Snack - blueberries and fromage frais
Lunch - jacket potato, cottage cheese and salad, muller light, Apple and ryvita minis (HE)
Snack baby bel x 2 (HE)
Dinner - sw chips, egg and peas.
Snack - ben and jerrys sorbet 160 g 10 sins

Day 9 - Drank water, diet coke and squash
Breakfast - large pear and HI FI bar
Snack - Blueberries and fromage frais
Lunch - Jacket potato with salad, cottage cheese, muller light
Snack - apple
Dinner- ATE OUT :S - had a tomato and onion salad followed by a tomato & broccoli pasta dish (sauce was cream and cheese free) I estimated about 15 sins so had no other sins and hope I was in my limits

Day 10- GREEN - Drank squash
Brunch- quorn sausages, peas, eggs, SW chips, mushrooms 1tsp tom ketchup (1 SIN)
snack- 2x baby bel and Hi FI bar (HE)
Dinner- Quorn lasagne (made with brown pasta sheets, chopped tomato, onions, mushrooms, stock cubes, quorn, peas, garlic) and Low fat mozerella (HE)
Snack- Scan bran (HE) with mushroom pate(mushrooms and fat free cottage cheese blended)
Freedom chocolate ice cream- 160g 6 syns

Last edited:
day 11 - Drank squash and diet coke
Breakfast - huge bowl of fruit
Lunch- quorn sausages, peas, eggs, SW chips, mushrooms 1tsp tom ketchup (1 SIN)
snack- Ben and jerrys sorbet 80g = 5 sins
Dinner- Quorn bolanase (made with , chopped tomato, onions, mushrooms, stock cubes, quorn, peas) and a jacket potato
Snack- Scan bran (HE) with mushroom pate(mushrooms and fat free cottage cheese blended)
Snack - 2x babybel and a pack of ryvita minis

thankyou xx

Back