Little bit annoyed...

PinkToaster

Silver Member
I just rang my consultant to ask him what the lifeline online password was. Before I could ask him, he started grilling me on why I hadn't stayed to group this week. As I was halfway through explaining the reason he started laughing and saying 'oh yeah yeah okay' as if I was making up excuses. He then went on to describe everything I'd 'missed out on' and told me I should stay in future.
I don't understand why he's said this though. I mean, I understand I should probably get the most out of it since I'm paying a fiver, but I've been losing weight consistently without any problems.

Just annoyed me a little bit. He's been very supportive up until now.

hmm, thats odd, if hes usually okay he must just be having a funny five, if it happens again i'd suggest contacting sw.. youd be doing him a favour as they'l help him maintain better relationships with his customers. x

your going to slimming world not school he shouldnt have asked you why you couldnt stay and you didnt need to explain your an adult not a child and he should remember that . i think if he carry on that way people may walk with thier feet and leave altogether not just after the weigh in either well done one your weight loss so far and keep up the good work

I suppose consultants are humans and have bad days too. He probably just wants to encourage you to stay to class because it's been proven that people who stay are likely to lose more than those who disappear straight after weigh-in.

Just another thought, but maybe he was having a bit of fun with you, I know its something me and my friends say to each other, "oh yeah good excuse", type thing so could this be it.

Maybe he thought you had been going long enough he thought he could banter with you.

not saying you are wrong just playing devils advocate :D

Oh dear, that wasnt called for really. He's probably had a bad day but please dont let his bad day become yours. Have a rant and then forget about him if you can. :)

this is true, my c often does this with those who have been there long enough and feels comfortable enough to do so with.. its never meant harmfully, but i expect if a new ear heard and wasnt aware of the situation it could be percieved differently.. however you dont sound quite annoyed and maybe his tone of voice etc indicated that he wasnt.. like others have said, you are an adult and really he shouldnt have asked you why you didnt stay, i only stay every other week, but my c would never ask where iv been or why i hadnt stayed.. shes bringing in my young slimmer of the year board to show group again next week as wev had an influx of newbies but i wont be staying, and as much as im sure she'd appreciate me being there, she wouldnt ask me to stay, nor would she ask why i hadnt! xxx

Just another thought, but maybe he was having a bit of fun with you, I know its something me and my friends say to each other, "oh yeah good excuse", type thing so could this be it.

Maybe he thought you had been going long enough he thought he could banter with you.

not saying you are wrong just playing devils advocate :D

I like this, so this is my devil's advocate idea...

Maybe he is in love with you and he thought your legitimate excuses were your way of saying you think he is well ugly innit.

LOL. :D

Do you normally stay and know him quite well? Do you think he could have just been joking with you, but in a bad inapropriate way?

I went to join a class a couple of years ago and asked the C if it was ok to join and just come to WI - he replied in an incredulous tone 'how do you expect to lose weight if you don't stay to class!' he was clearly irritated and promptly lost a customer!

Some of the consultants seem quite rude!
We had a consultant from another group in the area sit in with our group and she was constantly making snide comments and making people feel uncomfortable.

I am with many here, perhaps he just was having a laugh and it came out wrong :eek:

or ...

You *have* lost loads of weight, perhaps:

He then went on to describe everything I'd 'missed out on' and told me I should stay in future.

...was his way of saying 'you would be doing me a huge favour if you stayed to class as you are doing really well and would inspire some of my other members'.

you never know ...

its up to you wether you stay or not-he was prob on his totm :) xx

Ego I rekon, I mean why would you want to be anywhere else when HE is there, in his glory?

My consultant always feels thinks she isn't doing her job properly of you dont stay. She says why pay £4.95 just to get weighed, when you can pay 30p to get weighed in boots. She feels fiercely dedicated to her class members and want them to succeed, she runs 3 classes and they are always top of the county.

Maybe he just doesn't want you to miss out on image therapy, as I have always enjoyed mine, and always come away feeling ready for the new week. Maybe he is just as dedicated to your success as my consultant is to mine. :)

Am I the only one that thinks he sounds like quite a good consultant? lol

I mean okay he questioned why she hadnt stayed, but then I have always found stricter consultants are more successful at supporting me through losing weight, as you are terrified of failing off track and then getting their grilling when you stand on the scales and have put on. lol. Also consultants are not there just to take your money and weigh you. They are there to advise and as much as it may feel like you are at school sometimes, I think all consultants should encourage their members to stay for meetings. But obviously need to make sure that they go about it in the right way.

The fact he also told her what she had missed, sounded great to me. Not many consultants would take the time to do that.

But I can see how some might get annoyed by a consultant like that.

Back