Little Confused

Lollymay

had been experiencing some constant period type aching and was subsequently sent for an ultrasound last thursday and the sonographer mentioned i had this.

i know absolutely nothing about it.

1. he mentioned i shouldnt be on the depo injection ...anyone know why ?

2.he said contraception wise that there is a pill i could take but it lasts 2 years and that if i get pregnant in that time the baby could be deformed ????? ... anyone heard of this.

3. general just want to know what to expect or anything i have to do

thanks guys any comments appriciated xxx

Honestly, I'm just as confused as you are. Perhaps you could ask your doc to explain.

Not sure why he said you shouldn't be on the Depo except possibly due to the risk of weight gain. I know many women who've gained weight on it and that's the exact reason my doctor advised me not to use it.

I've never heard of a bc pill that last 2 years. Spironolactone has an anti-androgen effect so it can be used to treat hirsutism hair loss and acne in women. However it's NOT a birth control (not sure how long it stays in your system) but it can cause birth defects if taken when pregnant.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. But if you do find out more- I would love an update. You have me curious now...

Back