Little Problem that could get bigger!

Hi Serendipity
You have so much going for you. You are young, have achieved a great weight loss, have qualified as a teacher and have the ability to open up to others,even when you are finding it painful. You think size 16 is large. It isn't, it's average!If you keep going you will soon be below average.
I believe some form of counselling would be helpful. However, in the meantime take every opportunity to get out and meet people.It can be anything you enjoy - a class,coffee with colleagues,the gym,voluntary work etc. One thing leads to another and I sure you will find friends of both sexes out there. Just be patient and don't expect to happen overnight. Best of luck, hun :hug99:

Last edited:
Hiya Hunny, Well done for making the first move and talking about your problems to others. I personally think ya have come a long way. When I read your story it sounded so much like myself and I have to tell ya before ya deal with the weight problem ya have to deal with the inner problem as well. I personally think ya need to see a counsellor as I think ya need to get your problems out in the open. I commend ya for losing the weight that ya have done but I am genuinely worried for ya when I read that you are starting to make yourself sick again as ya don’t want to gain the weight that ya have lost. From experience I found it extremely difficult to say no to food as its an addiction, this was my drug and thought I needed it for survival, so I didn’t think I had the option of avoiding it. Ya have to develop a healthier relationship with food, a relationship that’s based on meeting your nutritional needs, not your emotional ones. That’s why I think it would be good for ya to go to group meetings as someone else mentioned lighter life is particular good for this as they are offer more support than lipotrim. If it helps you I keep a daily dairy to monitor my mood basically if I am feeling low any particular time I write down what happened and what made me think to turn to food. In time please god we will all realize that food is not the enemy!!

Breaking the old pattern of binge eating is hard, and you may slip from time to time. This is where the support of others can really come in handy. Family, friends, and therapists can all be part of your support team and everyone on here can offer ya their support no matter where they are from. You may also find that joining a group for binge eaters is helpful. Sharing your experience with other compulsive eaters can go a long way towards reducing the stigma and loneliness you may feel and in the long run your helping others out as well by sharing your story. If ya feel the need to binge eat try some relaxation techniques and making time for those things that ya thought ya would never be fit to do like scuba diving and just generally keeping yourself busy!!

As for “your friend”, I hate to say it babe but she was never your mate, if she was she wouldn’t treat ya like that. Who needs enemies when ya have got mates like that. The best thing to do is get her out of your life. If she even cared one bit about what ya were going through she could have helped ya out rather than treating ya the way she did. How dare she even say that she couldn’t be friends with ya anymore due to your size. I am absolutely gobsmacked to how shallow some people can be!! My last boyfriend used to say to me “why do ya only have fat friends?” Like yourself the friends that I had that was thin never wanted to be seen with me because I was fat and always made nasty comments towards me so I found that I didn’t need people like that whatsoever and in time ya will find that ya don’t need her either. Try and get yourself out, go to clubs or groups in your area, basically just get out and meet people easier said than done though but this site is fab!! I am orrignally from Ireland myself and go back and forth quite often so if ya ever want to meet up at any stage let me know. Ya will also find others from Ireland as well on here.

So if ya are ever feeling the need to binge eat or just generally want to have a chat come on here and there is always someone on here to have a chat with. If ya like ya can email me anytime.

[FONT=&quot]Ya have to learn to love yourself as I believe ya can and ya seem a wonderful person and it would be a pleasure knowing ya! Don’t let this win or the bullies who treated ya in this way and always remember ya are never alone!! Take care of yourself chick, god bless :gen126:[/FONT]

Hi Serendipity

I think you really need to deal with the emotional issues and get some counselling otherwise you will revert to either over eating or binging and vomiting. This is a scarey prospect for many as it opens up what is really going on... but thats how you will move on I think by addressing the problem and not pretending its ok. Go to your GP and explain to him / her, everything you say is confidential remember and they have access to counselling services. You have done so very well see this as an opportunity to sort things out once and for all and get things on track. My parents are from Ireland and I love the place - such lovely people, what part are you from?, I have lots of happy memories there?

take care

Cabbez XX

Oh dear, my heart goes out to you hun. I can't offer any advice over and above what the wonderful people above me have already said.

I think you've been unlucky with your friendships, but that's not to say that you can't find genuine friends again.

You've done fantastically well with your weightloss, so you should be proud.

Good luck with carrying on the journey. Oh and don't be so hard on yourself hun. ;) x

Back