LittleBottle's Yummy Day

Today is a red day :eek:
Had chicken breast left over from Wednesday tea and it was too much to be a HEb so decided to battle it out with a red day, think it's my first since joining lol

Breakfast (the meal I really enjoyed doing red for)
2 small wholemeal rolls (57g - HEb), lean bacon fat removed. Activia FF Vanilla Yog.

Lunch
Chicken (shredded), lettuce, beetroot, 1 tbsp XL mayo (0.5 syns)
Plum

Afternoon Snack
Pineapple, 5 x Minstrels (3.5 syns)

Dinner
Lamb with Turnip, Carrot and Swede Mash with 4 x Dairylea Light mashed in (HEa) and 10g Quixo Gravy (2 syns)

Will have a HiFi for an evening snack (HEb)

Exercise = 45 minutes walking

Total Syns = 6

Didn't mind doing a red with planned meals but I love my green! x

I like reading your diary...entertaining! Hope you are still doing well :)

Ok, back to the dreary er... diary.

Missed a couple of days off as haven't had as much time over the weekend so rather than backtrack I'm just picking up from today. Stuck to plan though, had 16.5 syns on Saturday (Mistletoe Kisses as my day's syns then OH decided to take me to the pub so the glass of wine took me over) but was way under several days and cut right back on Sunday and Monday to compensate.

WI tonight and STS'd :sigh: can't be too moany though as it's Ladies Week (like Ascot but less hat wearing) and I feel so bloated I was expecting a gain.

Today was a green day (did intend to be Mix2Max but coudn't face the salmon when I got back so I've cooked it to take tomorrow and will do a red day)

Breakfast (The BEST evaaaaaaaaah!)
Eggy Bread (HEb) with Mango and 2 tsp of honey (2 syns)
So delish it was untrue, will be having that again.

Lunch
Jacket Potato, Baked Beans, 1oz Cheddar (HEa)

Afternoon Snack
5 x Minstrels (3.5 syns)

Dinner
Polenta (sliced and fry-lighted) with Mushroom Risotto and Parmesan (HEa, couldn't manage an ounce - had no idea it was so much! - but think that the cheddar at lunch was a little over so will even out with this underweigh of 14g)

Drinks
Warm Vimto Squash, Water, Diet Pepsi, Black Coffee

Total Syns = 5.5

Exercise = 15 minute walk to the cash point at lunch time - rubbish effort :eek: kicking myself up the bum tomorrow and getting back on track..... Club 10 by Valentine's!!!! Go On!

Last edited:
Should be renamed the "Full of HATE for Virgin Media" thread lol

Today was a green day, got up early to do the yummy french toast breakfast then had a text from my bank showing that Virgin had charged me an extra £5 so had to log on to my billing and they'd kindly upgraded my package without asking and charged me extra. When I rang the woman she said that I'd rang the order line (er no) and had been receiving 50mb broadband (in a month where 70% of the time my signal has been low :confused:) and had a new modem (which I don't). I then had ten minutes of her arguing the toss with me about whether or not I'd rang this line, which I think I would know, and finally had to tell her that as far as I'm concerned their service sucks, I'm simply waiting for my contract to reach 12 months so that I never have to deal with their farce of a company again and if I'd called for anything it would be to complain not blimmin upgrade!!!! (aargh)
She said they'd credit my £5 back and I could call on the 24th February to get it removed from my account altogether.
In the 8 months I've been with Virgin I've developed a deep dislike of their company and their staff are as rude as you like. When I complained after they'd got something wrong every month for the first 3 months since installation (including disconnecting me from the cable box to plug a new customer in!) and told them they were in breach of contract and if they didn't rectify the mistakes I would cancel the cocky beyotch in their customer services said "well you can't anyway, you've got it for 12 months!" well done on resolving customer dissatisfaction Virgin. I had to refrain from reminding her that I lived round the corner from her office and could easily pop round with a can of whoopass :asskick:

Whoo what a rant lol
anyway... the food!

Breakfast (not yummy at all thanks to stoopid Virgin Media)
HiFi Bar (HEb) and Sammys CousCous made in a plastic cup and eaten at my desk

Lunch
Jacket Potato, Baked Beans and 28g Cheddar (HEa)

Dinner
2 slices WW wholemeal (HEb), 42g r/f cheddar (HEa) and heinz spaghetti - which for some reason always has too much sauce in it :rolleyes:

Exercise - none at all (terrible:sigh:) had to drive OH over to West Brom and back to fetch his banger car straight after shopping so didn't get in until almost 8)

Drinks
Water, Twinings Camomile and Baked Apple, Diet Pepsi, Hot Squash, Black Coffee

Total Syns = 0 :eek: (going out in Birmingham tomorrow:party0048: so banking some in case)

Last edited:
Plan for tomorrow - EE :eek: (going to give it a second chance but maybe keep it to once every so often)

Breakfast
French Toast (HEb) with blueberries and 2 tsp honey (2 syns)

Lunch
Crab and Sweetcorn with mixed salad leaves (1/3) and 1 tbsp xl mayo (0.25 syns)

Dinner
Mashed Potato with Morrisons ES Sausages, Onion Gravy and Broccoli (1/3) (2 syns worth of gravy)

HEa will be skimmed milk used in hot drinks and mash

Evening - Night Out with flexi syns (allowing myself 30, should be plenty for drink, and will even out with today's zero syns and following days) then straight back on track :character00115:

Today is a red day (as I have to make up for my 6 bottles of bud's worth of flexi syns and I hear that a few red days can boost your loss - also I'm in luuuurve with eat smart sausages)

Breakfast
3 ES Sausages with 2 slices of aldi light cheese slices (part of HEa) and a spoonful of ketchup (0.5 syns)

Lunch
Thinking of popping to Asda to fetch some chicken to have with mashed turnip

Dinner
Undecided but perhaps mashed carrot and swede and any left over chicken shredded up with a couple of syns worth of gravy

I really struggle with red :sigh: going to have a flick through the recipe threads and see if I can make today's meals more interesting

Are those Quorn chilli burgers really 3 syns each? I thought they were free :(

Hope you don't me asking - I hear a lot about this Scan bran but have no idea what it is? Is it nice?

Yeah they are nice though so ok for a change. I think I might do a burger on a red day and make my own from mince though for free - don't like using my syns for items unrelated to chocolate lol

Scan Bran are ok, I wouldn't go mad for them but they're good for keeping things moving lol. Scan Bran cake's supposed to be nice, not tried making it yet though x

Updated meal plan for today now looking like this :)

Breakfast
3 ES Sausages with 2 slices of aldi light cheese slices (part of HEa) and a spoonful of ketchup (0.5 syns) on 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (HEb)

Lunch
Lambs Lettuce, Apple and Ham with a tbsp of Helmann's XL Mayo (0.5 syns)

Afternoon Snack
Blueberries and Chopped Banana with an Activia FF Vanilla Yog with 1 tsp of honey (1 syn)

Dinner
Chicken and Cabbage 10g Quixo Gravy Granules (2 syns)
Was gorgeous although I'm a little bit concerned about the huge amount of chicken I was able to put away!

Evening Snack
Tinned Pears (HEb) and Activia FF Vanilla Yog

Total Syns = 4

6 x Budweiser Flexi Syn Deficit = 36 :party0016:
Minus 15 from Wednesday = 21
Minus 11 from Thursday = 10
Minus 11 from Today = Woo Hoo
Done - Back on Track :thankyouthankyou:

Last edited:
Today is another red day :eek:

Breakfast
French Toast (HEb) with Blueberries and 2 tsp of warmed Hartleys Best Damson Jam (2 syns)

Lunch
Not sure yet, something meaty lol
maybe ES sausages and salad

Dinner
Aldi Yellowfin Sole (5.5 syns) with 8oz of SW potato wedges (HEb)

Ok, took OH to fetch his laptop and we're going to the pub tonight now as apparently there's a band on at our local. So revised menu looks like this.

Breakfast
French Toast (HEb) with Blueberries and 2 tsp of warmed Hartleys Best Damson Jam (1 syn)

Lunch
ES Sausages with 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g loaf - HEb) and 3 x Aldi Light Cheese Slices (HEa)

Dinner
Steak with cabbage (I'm adoring savoy cabbage at the moment and they're only 50p each in morrisons)

Evening Snack (lol)
2 x small glass of red wine (10 syns) or
4 x single vodka with soda and lime (10 syns)
Probably the red wine though as it lasts me ages

Total Syns - 11 syns

Last edited:
:pOooh no!! It would have to be the vodka, soda and lime every time! My favourite tipple!! Enjoy your evening!! I'm heading off to work nights at 10!! :)cry:)

Went with the red wine but had 3 not 2 :( so yesterday was 16 syns :whoopass:
As it's the start of the February challenge today though I'm going to forgive myself that one and march on!

Today is a green day and then I'll do another red tomorrow. I'm quite liking having the occasional red day as Eat Smart Sausages are delish.

Breakfast
Sliced frylighted polenta with 42g RF Cheddar (HEa) and Sainsbury's Veg Ravioli

Morning Snack
Choc Orange HiFi Bar (HEb)
Hartley's Orange Jelly 0.75 syns

Lunch
LF SuperNoodles Bacon Flavour
2 slices WW wholemeal bread (HEb)
2 x Dairylea Light (1/2 HEa)

Drinks
Warm Blackcurrant

Exercise
Going to do 1 hour of Ministry

Total Syns = 0.75

Last edited:
Ok what began as a plan to do an hours worth of exercise today ended up with me going back to bed for a couple of hours this afternoon as I have felt horrendous. Don't know what's wrong but feel like I could sleep for a hundred years, can't afford to be ill as I have a massively busy work schedule for the next fortnight.

So food diary today is now:

Breakfast
Sliced frylighted polenta with 42g RF Cheddar (HEa) and Sainsbury's Veg Ravioli

Morning Snack
Choc Orange HiFi Bar (HEb)
Hartley's Orange Jelly (0.75 syns)

Lunch
LF SuperNoodles Bacon Flavour
2 slices WW wholemeal bread (HEb)
2 x Dairylea Light (3 syns)

Dinner
Jacket Potato, 42g RF Cheddar (HEa) and Baked Beans
Hartley's Orange Jelly (0.75 syns)

Drinks
Warm Blackcurrant, Dark Choc Highlights (1.5 syns)

Exercise
2 hours of sleeping :sick:

Total Syns = 6

Back