live for today

Georgiestar

Silver Member
well I've just come back from the isle of wight, I've been staying at my great aunts house, she lives on her own after her husband died in a motobike accident, anyway my aunt has coped and has even lost excess weight shes been keeping herself busy and ocupied, anyway one of the evenings I was there, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself, I'm unemployed and my mother died a few years ago so I was worrying about things, anyway we were all watching tv and my aunt could tell I was feeling a bit down and I hadnt said anything to her then she said to me you should live for today, and that has stuck in my mind, I thought how true that is and I thought about minimins, some of you including me worry too much about the future and hitting targets when really we should just live for today.

That's a really lovely message..... Carpe Diem as they say! Seize the day.

It is so important to stop and smell the coffee..... I always say.... "here today, gone tomorrow".

Love, laugh, live and forgive
:)

xx

:) thanks for the replys, since I wrote that message, I have been to the gym and enjoyed it, in the past, I have been to the gym before but found it more of a chore and not enjoyed it because I wasnt thinking positive, I also walked without taking the bus, Ive also decided to take up running, but I could only manage to do 10 minutes running and had to keep stopping and I was weezing a bit, maybe I have managed this because of my aunts advice, I have also decided not to weigh myself and I have not been thinking about food too much thefore not snacking in the evening, I am finding it less daunting doing a bit of excersise everyday, so far, also my aunt has a daughter that does marathons despite her leg swelling up a bit, she had a horse riding accident a few years ago, and nearly lost her leg, our family has been through alot, I know :confused:

Back