LIVERPOOL MEET - UPDATE

Yeah the Pumphouse is fine with me. I suppose I could get there really really early and have a head start on everyone else but I'd be totally wrecked! Not a good look for me :rolleyes::eek:

So I'll see what time everyone else is arriving and make sure I'm there early. :D

Lacey, Hels and Sharon have both booked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Albert Dock :D

Irene, is there a problem with the trains? Typical isn't it, the amount of money we pay to travel, the least we should expect is to be able to travel in comfort and not have to change trains 25 times! :rolleyes:

Thanks hun :D

I'll have a look at room availability, babysitters and trains v driving and get back to you all....:)

I've looked into trains (about £60 return) and flights (can't find any at the moment!), so have decided to drive instead.

I know the route from London to Liverpool well, and there's a massive pay-and-display car park at Albert Dock which is easy to park in so it may even work out cheaper .. and I can arrive/leave when I want too.

It'll probably take me about 4 hours to get there, so I'll easily be there by early afternoon I expect

Maybe we could all meet up in the Pumphouse pub on Albert Dock?

The Albert Dock area has changed dramatically, there is a HUGE new stadium being built...almost complete (it's gonna be fantastic) and the FLAT car park has gone but there is a multi story there now instead. At the moment it still looks like and is a BUILDING SITE, but we have parked in the multi storey at least 3 times over the past couple of months and it's fine. In October things may have progressed anyway, it seems that a big chunk of Liverpool city centre is one big building site...not great for some businesses to be honest BUT it's gonna be FANTASTIC when the regen is all complete...The shopping centers are gonna be HUGE!!! So I for one will be blasting the credit card when my weight has gone!! This doesn't take anything away from the hospitality and night life that you will love in Liverpool.... It will be good for you to come back for another meet in Liverpool when it's all done, we could do a SHOPPING WITH LUNCH MEET !!!! I mentioned it just so you know what to expect, in case you've not been to Liverpool for a while. Unfortunately I won't know if I can come until very near to the time, what with my husbands work (he'd need to be home to mind our little girl). But i hope to be there to meet you all, even if it's just for a couple of hours.

xxx

Hope you can make it Sophia-Jo :D

I know what you mean about all the building work that's going on at the moment, it is a real pain in the a$$ but hopefully it will have progressed a bit more by the October meet. :D

We can always arrange to go somewhere else whilst still staying in the Hol Inn Express as the main areas of Liverpool (pubs clubs and bars) are still managing to bring in the visitors.:)

I'm considering ;)....need to read back and see where you are all staying and if I can get a room!!!

Originally Posted by Mrs Depp
Mrs Depp aka Carol - Day/Night
Flirty40greeneyes aka Beverley - Day/Night
Karen1972 - Day/Night
Westiegirl aka Sarah - Day/Night
Madam Dotty aka Jan - Day/Night
Irene - Day/Night
Summerskye aka Sharon - Day/Night
HT Pink aka Hels - Day/Night
Blingybabe aka Nikki - Day/Night
Boobyjood aka Jude - Day/Night??
Jem - Day/Night
Gen - Day/Night
nce1 aka Mandi - Day/Night
MandyB2 aka Mandy - Day/Night
Isis aka Lacey - Day/Night??

Sophia Jo - Day/Night??

I've added you names to the list Lacey and SJ, just in case you can make it :D Go on you know you wanna lol!:D

Karen1972 - Day/Night
Irene - Day/Night
Jem - Day/Night
Gen - Day/Night
Sophia Jo - Day/Night??
Heaven Can Wait aka -?? Day/Night??

Sorry HCW I don't know your name lol. Are you doing day and night?

Karen1972 - Day/Night
Irene - Day/Night
Jem - Day/Night
Gen - Day/Night
Sophia Jo - Day/Night??
Heaven Can Wait aka Carole - Day

Hiya Mrs D
My name is Carole by the way, so no excuse for forgetting that one eh?
Probaly day would be better as I have to check that I havnt got something on that evening , the date just keeps ringing bells with me for some reason...? You know how it is, senior moments, menopause and all that.LOL

LOL I know all about senior moments too Carole! :D I'm not sure what time we'll be meeting up, probably early afternoon depending on arrival times and booking in at the Holiday Inn etc. :D

Back