LIVERPOOL MEET - UPDATE

I remembered the name of the pub I went to in Liverpool, at the docks. It's called the Pumphouse.

Pumphouse, Liverpool, Merseyside, L3 4AA - pub details # beerintheevening.com

It's a few years since I've been there but I just remember it being bright and large and very close to the Tate Modern, compared to the pubs in the town centre which were very crowded, even on a Saturday afternoon (went on a hen day/night in Liverpool earlier in the year).

Anybody local know this pub and whether it is any good?

Sounds good to me, we don't anywhere too crowded & noisy (well not until we arrive that is :p)

Anything suits me! Have we decided on accommodation yet?? Actually if we are going to a bar at the dock i think i'll book the travel lodge at the dock!

Change that - the Travel Lodge is over a mile away and the Travel Inn is booked up!

I've booked in at the Express Holiday Inn £80 per night. See ya there!!!!

So sorry guy's gonna have to bail out this trip..... severe lack of funds due to fact I'm not working at the mo.....:(:cry:

Sure you'll all have a fab time.... Liverpool is great.....

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last time I was there - it's a lovely hotel..... right next door to the Beatles Story Museum....... our window was right about the entrance...... waking up in Liverpool to the sound of the Beatles..... surreal...lol:eek::D

Love

Mrs Depp aka Carol - Day/Night
Flirty40greeneyes aka Beverley - Day/Night

Karen1972 - Day/Night
Westiegirl aka Sarah - Day/Night
Madam Dotty aka Jan - Day/Night
Irene - Day/Night
Summerskye aka Sharon - Day/Night
HT Pink aka Hels - Day/Night
Blingybabe aka Nikki - Day/Night
Boobyjood aka Jude - Day/Night?
Jem - Day/Night
Gen - Day/Night
nce1 aka Mandi - Day/Night
MandyB2 aka Mandy - Day/Night

Any more coming? :D

I've just booked for the Holiday Inn Express, Albert Dock too. Just for the Saturday night at the moment .. although I'm sure I can add the Friday night if anyone else fancies a 2-nighter ;)

I know the Pumphouse well and it's a great location to meet up. If anyone wants a great start to the night out - one of the best pub bands in the country, The Amazing Kappa, plays every Saturday night in the Cavern Pub in Mathew Street. Usually starts around 5.30 pm - and it's free to get in :cool: :D

How about we start off around 5.30 pm in the Cavern Pub (which is at one end of Mathew Street), boogie to Kappa for a while, then just head on down the rest of Mathew St where there are loads of pubs/bars to drop into along the way.

It's only walking distance to the City Centre from there which is absolutely crammed full of bars and clubs too :cool:

Mrs Depp aka Carol - Day/Night
Flirty40greeneyes aka Beverley - Day/Night
Karen1972 - Day/Night
Westiegirl aka Sarah - Day/Night
Madam Dotty aka Jan - Day/Night
Irene - Day/Night
Summerskye aka Sharon - Day/Night
HT Pink aka Hels - Day/Night
Blingybabe aka Nikki - Day/Night
Boobyjood aka Jude - Day/Night?
Jem - Day/Night
Gen - Day/Night
nce1 aka Mandi - Day/Night
MandyB2 aka Mandy - Day/Night

Any more coming? :D

I'm considering ;)....need to read back and see where you are all staying and if I can get a room!!!

Last edited:
I'm considering ;)....need to read back and see where you are all staying and if I can get a room!!!

Lacey, Hels and Sharon have both booked rooms at the Holiday Inn Express in Albert Dock :D

Irene, is there a problem with the trains? Typical isn't it, the amount of money we pay to travel, the least we should expect is to be able to travel in comfort and not have to change trains 25 times! :rolleyes:

I've looked into trains (about £60 return) and flights (can't find any at the moment!), so have decided to drive instead.

I know the route from London to Liverpool well, and there's a massive pay-and-display car park at Albert Dock which is easy to park in so it may even work out cheaper .. and I can arrive/leave when I want too.

It'll probably take me about 4 hours to get there, so I'll easily be there by early afternoon I expect

Maybe we could all meet up in the Pumphouse pub on Albert Dock?

Back