Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Well I have eaten to excess this bank holiday, but with good reason.

My BF asked me to marry him, so we've been away for the weekend and celebrating :D

I'm so happy. He got down on one knee outside Thorpe Park, where we went for our anniversary of meeting. I walked around with a grin on my face all day.

So I have a very good goal to work towards now! We haven't set a date, but we're thinking probably around August 2011.

WI today, but going to ask her not to weigh me as it will only upset me - I know I'll have put on this week.

About to go on my x-trainer and back on the straight and narrow. Christening on Sunday and nothing that fits. Hoping that I can flatten my stomach enough in 4 days to go a dress on.

OMG Liz, that is wonderful news.... I am so excited for you and definately a big incentive to lose the weight....

awww another Mini bride!! Congratulations :) xxxx

Congratulation Liz, am so thrilled for you, that's an old romantic fiance you have there. Enjoy the engagement, plenty of time to get set for your wedding xxx

Aww thanks everyone :) Am still buzzing!

Definitely good incentive. It's really helped me get back on track actually...far! xxx

That's fantastic news Liz, what a great goal you have now!
Congratulations!

xx

Thanks Lelly. Yes, I definitely need a goal to give me that kick up the backside and it's certainly working so far.
All I can think about is the wedding lol. xxx

Feels like I'm a little alone here with the boards so quiet, but see there are a few people around. Much prefer it when it's buzzing.

Working from home this morning, as realised over the weekend that MOT was due....in March! Thought it had 12 months on it when I bought it, turns out it's 6, so have been driving around unaware for months.

Got it booked in for the garage today at 1:30. Got to go on x-trainer, walk dog, have a shower etc this morning, so doubt much work will get done. My 2 people are off at the moment - one on holiday and the other has exams, so am on my own in the office and I hate it TBH. Didn't used to mind it, but once I've got used to having people around it's awful.

Have eaten this weekend and feel like I'm wasting money and time at the moment with paying for CD and not doing it fully. My Parents gave us some money to go for a celebratory meal after getting engaged. So we did that Friday. Then Sunday we had a christening to go to and I ate there. Am still feeling really motivated, but just have loads of things planned/coming up. Best friend coming over next weekend with her fiance, to talk about both our wedding plans and am putting on food then. The weekend after fiance's (still can't get used to that!) best friend is coming over with his Wife for a BBQ. Then we have a birthday party in early June. It makes it very hard and makes me think that I should put CD on hold or I'm paying for something and getting nowhere.

I don't want to though. Summer months are tough with events coming up. Not really sure what to do. Love it when I get back on track with SS, but then something comes up.

Hi Liz - MOT is such a pain, isn't it! I am nearly always late with mine as I just can't seem to get round to booking the appointment. A bit like the dentist, hairdresser, car service, children's swimming lessons etc (note to self - must become better organised:))

SS was hard the first time round so I can't imagine what it is like to get back on it again. I have re-started low carb diets in the past and never managed to get past the first few days despite losing successfully on such a diet the first time round. I guess it is simply easier when you have the novelty value of whatever diet you are trying to do. Keep going - or maybe go up to 810 so that you can have some food - might be easier to fit in social events etc then.

I'm trying to lose a little weight at the moment and am dithering about not really starting any diet but thinking about them (doesn't help! :rolleyes:). I am only a few lbs over my CD goal weight but would like to lose another 7lbs to a stone in total but my motivation isn't as strong as I would like it to be. I know I'm lucky to be maintaining reasonably well, but I know it is all to do with luck and nothing to do with having retrained myself as it is feeling all too fragile and I could so easily put this weight back on again.

Anyway - enjoy working from home and I hope you have a good day today (food and generally). The weather is looking a little better here in London today so might stick my nose outside the office during my lunch hour.

Hi Alli - nice to see someone on here! Thanks for the encouragement. I think I am probably making excuses and just need to get back into the zone. Just feeling fed up today because I feel like I have so much to do, but no motivation to start doing things! Procrastinating too much.

Weather here is still a bit chilly. Not had shower yet. Started with looking at wedding venues and found the one we want is fully booked for every Saturday next summer. So we're going to have to look at Fridays now.

Must do some work! You're doing really well with maintaining, but I think sometimes it's a lot harder when you have less to lose.

Hey Liz
Our MOT is up the beginning of next month and we're not looking forward to putting car through either - in fact can't even believe a year has come through so quickly - believe it or not, it marks a year since I have moved over to here! (from the main CD board) Scary really!
Reminds me how much I want to finish this job, and stand in my wedding dress proud as punch in as 9 stone something.

I know what you mean about CD financially - with 3 of us, it is expensive, even when it's followed to the letter for us. If it was just me, it would be the cheapest form of diet, but with 3 of us, it does add up, and after a year of following it, and being down to that final 10/11lbs it's a tough decision.

Hope you're day improves. It's sunny here too for a change, I just hope it stays this way for our break away next week xx

Hey, I'm sure you'll get there. It's just frustrating isn't it. I think 'if I just stick to it solidly for 6 weeks I'll be where I need to be anyway'
Makes it sound so easy, but we know it's not!

Have a lovely break next week - hopefully the sun will be out permanently by then.

All the familiar names and faces seem to have disappeared from here, which has made me not come on so much. Think I need to though to focus. Been exercising like mad, but not sticking to SS.

Wedding plans are coming along, but have been stressing me out. Mainly one person is stressing me out, but I won't go into that. Going to start yoga again when Parents return from their holidays on 6th June. Then OH can pick dog up from them.

Hey hun, the stress...ohhhhhh I know the stress only too well.
I keep being told it goes hand in hand with 'wedding' but it doesn't help and doesn't make the planning so enjoyable does it?

SS is so hard anytime round after once that I don't blame you for not sticking to it, but the exercise will help, and will be toning you aswell. I'm still around here (lots) esp while under assignment no.4 aswell.

Hope you have a good day hun - keep glugging the water - esp in this weather :) xx

hi, dont worry about not sticking to ss. exercise is keeping you toned and healthy. i'm starting to struggle myself. it feels like a never ending struggle most days!

i agree, its so quiet on here and i used to love coming here to read about all the maintainers. its so sad that its quiet, but lovely to hear from those who pop in from time to time.

So good to know there is life on here!!! Alexmummy - had no idea how much goes into a wedding. I wish someone could do it all for me :)

Leeds - think I'd be getting bigger and bigger without going on cross trainer! It does make me feel better though, although don't find it great for weight loss. Need to get back into the SS frame of mind.

Hi Liz,

Just thought I would say hi. It has been very quiet on here. I havn't been on as much since reaching goal but whenever I do there isn't many of us about anymore :cry:;). Hope your doing well and good luck with the Wedding plans. My Hubby and I are renewing our wedding vows this year as it's our 10 year Anniversary and it's been nearly as stressfull as the first time round lol xx.

Hey Liz,

Sorry for deserting you all! Been feeling a bit rubbish lately but i'm back now and I intend to post more often to help me, i think i do muchbetter when i post on the diary.

Glad to hear the wedding plans are coming along.

Wishing you a great bank holiday weekend!

xx

hi girls, so nice to see you back! watergirl, i agree with you on the CT. i find its great but doesnt aid weight loss. its such a good hormone releaser though!

Hey Zoe - you've done so well maintaining. Can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on your 10 yr anniversary too - that's fantastic. Are you going anywhere?

Lelly - lovely to see you again :) but sorry to hear you've been feeling rubbish. You think we'd all be raring to go and fighting fit with the nice weather we've been having lately, but I certainly am not!!!

Leeds - yes, it is a great mood enhancer. I don't always enjoy getting on it, but afterwards I feel fab, so I remind myself of that. It helps me maintain where I'm at if I'm eating badly I guess.

Hope everyone is looking forward to the bank holiday weekend. I've literally just finished work. Why do some companies think 6pm on a Friday is a good time to start recruiting?! Crazy lol

Back