Liz's CD Diet to Goal

I think I am one of those carb affected people too! After losing 7 stone, you'd think it would become easy, but it's just not. I refuse to be a statistic, and I am taking action. I've gained near enough 2 stone from my lowest point - probably a stone and a little bit from my wedding just a month ago! Really bad gain really, but I know in my head and heart, it is mostly carb gain, as I've eaten sandwiches again and bulk lots of pasta with tuna, etc etc. I love my baguettes etc, and chose them on honeymoon instead of hot dinners too. All my own doing, but when you love something so much it's so hard. However, the feelings now of not fitting in my clothes, and knowing I feel fat again are horrid! I want to fit comfortably in all my lovely clothes again, so action must be taken before it goes any further.

I still have never hit the 9 stone mark in what I remember of my adult life, but right now just to get back to the 10's will be good.

I know I'm not around constantly Liz, but I am watching your progress as much as possible xx

Hey Liz, I did Atkins before I did Cambridge the 1st time and I did lose weight despite the amount I managed to eat...... I have now done 7 successful days on SS+ and feel so much better in myself... maybe carbs are bad for everyone....

Hey you two :) lovely to see you again. Getting on okay with Atkins in terms of feeling good about myself. Think my calories are too high. I know they shouldn't count, but looking on the Atkins website they can for a few people (probably me lol). Am going back to basics and cutting out cream and cheese and having meat, fish and veg.

So sorry that you've put on after the wedding :( it'll come off. Think carbs are bad for everyone!

Well done on the lost Linda!!! That's fabulous xx

When I did atkins I also ate too many calories, didn't matter in the first few weeks but then just stopped losing the weight, probably worth cutting down on them for a while and see what happens.

Ooh, good to know someone else had the same problem. My appetite when I was just reducing carbs was non existent but on Atkins it's still there. Wonder if it's the salt content in a lot of the meats making me feel hungry.
What I really struggle with though is not having my hot choc mint shake. Hope you're getting on okay hun xx

Hey lovely. Hope you're doing well. Ive read your last few posts just now. Hope everything settled down for you. Lots of love xxx

Hey hun!
Sorry for being so cr@p and not being around much. Thought i'd get on today and say hi to all. will try and check in a bit more, seems to be livening up a little around here too..great! i get lonely so i wandered off.

How's the LC going for you hun? i loved doing it in the pre-cd days but i def ate too many cals so maintained really well, not much inthe way of losses, hence the CD in the first place, that appetite suppressant side of things never seemed to kick for me, but i think my problem was eating out of boredom though (which i am still working on!)
The best part of LC for me though was there were no sugar high/lows which helped my mood a lot.

anyway, just wanted to say hi and have a great weekend! might even update my own thread in a bit.

xxx

How you doing Liz, still keeping to the low carbs? Let us know how you are getting on.

Hey guys :) good to hear from you. Going fine on the LC. Have reduced calories and paid more attention to what I'm eating. Have only dropped about 5lbs in 2.5 weeks, which is not a lot compared to CD, and I must admit I'm finding it slow.
It is so tempting to just come back to CD for a while! I want to be doing dress fittings for example and can't even get mine on yet.
I do feel so much better emotionally though. It's been about 2 weeks since I took an antidepressant for anxiety and I feel fine.
It's actually going to take some getting used to! Have to see LC as a way of life really.
Appetite is definitely reduced. However, I think because I've most likely been hypoglycemic since I was about 14, I'm so used to feeling starving and then eating all the time. So I need to get out of that habit. I keep asking myself 'am I really hungry' before I go for something. I guess I haven't known what real hunger has felt like.
I used to eat and then 20 minutes later my stomach would be growling and it's not like that now.

Anyway, thanks for checking in. Hopefully weight loss will speed up. Intent to start more actively on cross trainer from Tuesday, now that we've had most of the work on the house finished. Am sure once I get into habit of that and reduce calories I'll tone and lose. Have got no choice - dress is a 12 and I'm a 16 atm. Plus wedding dresses are actually normally a good size smaller! Better get cracking.

Weighed myself this morning and have lost nothing! So, am loving the food and way of eating and it's great for maintaining, but I need to go back to CD. Pretty much have no choice actually.

Went for dress fitting last week and basically....it didn't and never will at this rate. Have paid for it and it's in the shop. However, the measurements are: Chest (36.5), Waist (28), Hips (40).
My measurements are currently: Chest (41), Waist (36.5), Hips (49)

I have to lose a total of 22 inches. That's just not going to happen on low carb really and I am not getting married if this dress doesn't fit lol.

So, am back and feeling strong. Am on day 1 today. Will update all my stats in a minute and my signature to reflect my goals.

Also I've bought a Leg Master. It was on the Gadget Show and they said it was the best piece of exercise equipment you'll ever own. It's low impact and focuses on toning legs, hips and core muscles. Don't want to do cardio for fear of getting hungry or stalling from starvation mode. Also bought some 3kg hand weights so I can tone my arms and chest as they'll be on show in the dress.
Am going to take arm, leg measurements as well in a bit and then I can monitor stats on a weekly basis.
I have to do this! I know the forum has been quiet of late, but there's still a few of us kicking around, so please stop by and say hi! Greeneyes - it's me and you together now!!!

Well done on your weight loss Liz....5lb in 2.5 weeks is more than I have managed 100% on SS+ so that is a really good weightloss..... keep up the good work!!

Thanks hun, just popped onto your thread xx

Woohoo, day one done, although I did SS+ yesterday. Have lots of prawns here and couldn't resist. Scales have moved more in last day than in 3 weeks though.
Going to try for SS today, but have wallpaper stripping and painting to do, so I might need the extra prawn power!
Taken today off work to get loads done. Have a long list which I know I'll be happier about once I crack on.
Here's to a good day 2. I will be thin!!!

Hi liz, good luck with being on cd hun!
Love the fast drop you get in the first few days, its great innit.
You will be thin and gorgeous!!
X

Woohoo, well done Liz, keep up the good work!!

Thanks guys. Had another SS+ day, as had prawns at lunch. Still got another shake to have, which is good to know, as feeling a bit peckish.

Had lovely day today. Got decorator in to quote sooner than expected. Good price and the company seems really good. They do work for Stamford Homes, so must be! So have had fun looking at wallpapers today.
They are doing dining room, living room, all woodwork throughout and master bedroom. We'll do bedrooms 2 and 3 ourselves. So they're here Mon - Wed and then carpets being fitted throughout house on Thursday.

Feels so good to know by next weekend the house will look completely different. After months of rewiring, replastering, ensuite being created upstairs and all the dust and mess that that lot entails, it's going to be lovely to do the fun bits.

Also my hand weights arrived today, so have done a lot of arm exercises. Still using firming cream on arms too. Hoping they'll be Michelle Obama arms by my wedding day :)

well done on being so good hun - you're doing really well :)

Hope the building work goes well, and the house is looking sparkly before you know it! xx

Back