Liz's CD Diet to Goal

Hi Liz,
Hope the exchange goes through smothly and reduces one of the stressors on your plate at the moment. Hope you're getting time to try to relax a bit amongst all the chaos. xx

Thanks Butterfly. Feel terrible that I've not been on for ages or looked at diaries - must catch up with people soon.
We exchanged on our house today, which is the most important one. I cannot even find the words or begin to explain the relief that I feel. I don't even think that it's hit me properly.

We cannot wait to leave this house, as lovely as it has been. We need to be closer to work for both of us. It means I can go home for the dog at lunch and not have to drop him at my Parents. We can pay my Parents back the £50k that we owe them. If I stopped too long to think about it (it only happened about 2 hours ago) I'd probably cry with relief.

We're going to go for a meal tonight to celebrate. After it fell through last year 2 days before exchange, to have exchanged is such a weight of my shoulders. Feel like we can start a new chapter in our lives.

This new house will be 'ours' not the house I had with my ex. It's in the new house that we'll plan our wedding, have our kids etc, so it feels really life changing :)

Got tomorrow off to sort things out, like informing utilities, booking animals into cattery/kennels, so will hopefully get chance to catch up with people on here and get some normality before the packing starts.

Hope everyone is okay and thanks for supportive messages about anxiety - thinking that it will ease now that the major concern is sorted! :)

So pleased for you Liz, can only imagine how relieved you must be after what happened last time. Hope you enjoy the celebratory meal, and have a great time looking to your new future. Pace yourself hun, we're all here when you come back, (albeit infrequently sometimes...:eek:) focus on what you need to do..... and fitting in a bit of time for yourself if thats humanly possible! xx

Morning hun, Hope you enjoyed your meal out and great news on the exchange that's fab!! Hope the reality is sinking in, how long til the move ? Moving house is hard but great when its done.
Wishing you a fab productive day!
x

Thanks guys :) we complete on Monday 9th, so not long at all really. Meal last night was lovely and we even had some champagne, which was a real treat!

Been really busy today, as took day off to do house things, but also ended up doing some work from home. So in between working I called the council, water company, gas, electricity, Sky and broadband to cancel. Then called removals company that I had already pencilled in, only to be told that someone else had taken that date now!!! I couldn't believe it. They were really apologetic but basically had double booked. Then tried calling a few others to find no-one has availability.

Finally found a local guy, family run company and he came over to do quote there and then. Agreed to go with them, got boxes straight away and have been packing for hours.

Also can't get dog into usual kennel and parents are away, so not sure what to do with him! Parents have given us key, so we can put him in their house on removal day, but really I wanted the whole weekend without animals to make sure the house is nice and clean.

I just know the people we are buying off won't be cleaning their house particularly well, so it means we'll have two lots of cleaning, but I think it's a really nice thing to arrive and not have to do that. There's enough to do. So we're planning on finishing packing this weekend and cleaning next weekend.

So much to do with this moving malarky. It is horrible and I will be glad when we're in the new place. It's all the sorting out, not just the packing, that's a pain. Getting broadband and phone sorted for example. Hope everyone is having a lovely day xxx

Done loads more packing today from 5-7. Got another 4 boxes done, so am working at 2 boxes per hour or 2bph lol. Packed away ornaments, everything from the kitchen and cushions/bedding.

Got books, DVD's, clothing and various drawers with odds and ends to do. Parents coming over for 2 hours tomorrow morning to help, so might even get finished then. Have been cleaning as I've been going along as well. Can't believe how well I've done so far, although my back is killing me now!

Aside from that, work is going well. Picked up 4 jobs this week and got lots of interviews going on. My right hand person is off next week, so am alone with new girl, whose doing so well. Then off week after for the move.

Feels a bit manic at the moment still, but feeling quite chilled. Not even thinking about dieting atm and will probably text CDC and say that I need to put it on hold for a few weeks until we get settled.

Hope everyone is well today and looking forward to the weekend. Am just catching up on last night's BB, as never stay up late enough/past 10, to watch it!

Wondering if anyone else is still watching Big Brother?

Finally exchanged today on the house that we're buying! Can't believe it's less than a week away. Am very excited now. Every day we keep saying 'last Monday in the house' 'last Tuesday in the house' etc.

Everytime we hear one of the horrible noisy teenagers screeching past our house at stupid o'clock we talk about how we can't wait to leave this area! Got so many plans for the new place :)

Work is going well, house worries over so things are definitely a lot better. Think also that the tablets are helping me cope and feel more confident at work. Went to drs yesterday and he slightly increased one lot of my tablets, as still waking up in the early hours every morning with a pounding heart.

Hopefully that will stop soon!

Great news Liz!! how exciting!! hope you'll feel better once the move is done.
xx

Thanks Lelly :)

Had a lovely day at work today, feeling brighter by the day. Made 2 placement, so that's more money coming in. Then a job from quite a new client came in at the end of the day. New person is still getting on really well.

Still majorly excited about Monday...want it to hurry! Only 1 more work day and hopefully will go quick. Have job to work from 9-11 and then meeting till 12, then lunch and then work from home in afternoon.

Then cats to cattery first thing Saturday morning. Then picking up next door neighbour's dogs who are coming to stay the weekend whilst they're at a wedding, so someone for our boy to play with :)

Think we're going to go to the cinema to see Inception as well at some point. Have heard that it's amazing. Love the cinema, although I do tend to get a bit sleepy if I'm put in a dark room for too long lol.

Feeling so chirpy today, it's a really nice feeling. :):):)

Probably be my last time on here for a while, as moving tomorrow and everything will be cut off. Not sure how long it will take for phone and broadband to get set up in new place. Going to go crazy!

Although we'll have lots to do with the house, so that should keep us busy. Got a few last minute things to do today. Cats are at cattery. Got to take some things down skip, nip to shops for bits and pieces, have a tidy, pack final boxes.

Glad it's finally here, just hoping all goes well tomorrow and we get the keys nice and early :) Hope everyone has a good week. xxx

Hi Liz, sorry been absent for a while and missed all your excitement! Hope the move goes smoothly. Wishing you every happiness in your new home. Glad to see you are feeling happier in yourself now generally. Hope the new start will continue to help you get back to feeling 100% again. See you when you are back on-line. Hugs xx

Good luck with the move hun!! Hope all goes well and you get settled soon.
xx

Just a quick pop in as back online finally :) All moved in now, but dealing with a few house things. Been so busy lately.
Hope everyone is well. Catch up soon xx

Hey hun! Glad you are back online, hope you are settling in ok

x

Hello everyone! Was online, then not because we were having electrical work done and no power! Seems I didn't miss much, looks very quiet lately. Hope everyone is okay.

Things have been manic here, with work. Now have great big holes all over the house from electrical work. We also had a roof leak, which had to be fixed. We're having an ensuite put in in a few weeks and revamping the patio area to make it look nicer and cat proof it.

Work is busy but it's lovely being so close by. Diet has gone completely to pot!!! I've never been so bad. Had a major struggle this morning with clothing with nothing fitting me, including my emergency dress. So I called a new CDC today and am off to see her at 4pm today. Loved my last one, but she's now an hour away and this person is 15 minutes. Didn't sound overly promising on the phone though, as she doesn't stock all of the products all of the time and I'm used to seeing people who do. Will try her though, if she's crap I'll go elsewhere. She has choc mint, so can cope with that for the first week, but need my tetras.

Wedding plans have halted. Probably because we've been so busy with the house and partially because I'm crapping myself and not wanting to be the centre of attention all day. Maybe I'll feel different if I was thin and gorgeous. So got to work on that. At the moment I'd prefer to elope! BF not so keen.

My dress company is meant to be calling first week in July for me to go on and try a size 12 sample that they ordered in especially for me. That should be interesting as I'm now a 16. Will have to put them off with tales of woe and go in at the end of September. A month on SS and I should hopefully be 1.5 stone down with any luck.

In addition to that I am not sure about the dress. Mainly because I am in love with another dress but it costs about £1200 which seems crazy to me. However, I'm reasoning that my Grandma is giving me £500 so really it's only £700 lol.

We have a new telly, so I can also go on cross trainer in the other room, so no excuse not to exercise and get fit. I have been so tired lately and having naps every day. Definitely noticing that I'm carrying extra weight. Am going to post on here or in private reasons why I want to lose the weight to keep me motivated and strategically hang clothing around the house. Got a wedding to go to in October and a dress that I've never worn that I want to get into.
So, back on the CD band wagon. Goodbye client lunches, goodbye beerfest next week (BF won't be happy!). Hello water, sleepless nights, lots of baths and toilet trips :)

Morning hun,

glad you are back! the house stuff sound hectic but all part of moving i suppose, hope you are enjoying your new home.

Hope the new CDC meting well and today you are full of determination and motivation! i'm back on 810 for the forseeable future and enjoying it (when i do it properly!) -just keep thinking about that lovely dress!

Have a great day hun...enjoy the baths!

xx

Thanks hun :)
Definitely loving the house. It's nice to be somewhere that we actually want to stay, so the work doesn't feel so bad because we know it'll look lovely in the end. It's so countrified as well! The only traffic that goes past seems to be tractors!!!

Today have had all my shakes already and feeling hungry. Sat here glugging gallons of water - feel I might burst. Think I need a big mug off coffee and some more water or I might crack. Problem is, as usual with me, going back on CD was a spur of the moment thing and I'd been shopping just before, so have loads of nice food in the house!!! Driving home I've been tempted (in my head) by cheese and ham omelette, fish, bacon bits, chicken. All proteiny things, but still don't want to go down the slippery slope. Think I'll probably avoid cross trainer tonight or I'll feel hungry.
Glad tomorrow is Friday :) looking forward to the weekend although it will be the first that I'm not sat in the garden with a glass of red :(
I have strategically hung clothing around the house for motivation and am religiously listening to my weight loss hypnosis DVD. Not sure if it's working, although my cats all lie on the bed with me when I listen to it, so if they start losing weight (and one of them could do with losing a few pounds) then I'll be convinced of it's effectiveness!

Not around much - have damaged my rotator cuff! Crazy, as did it in sleep. Had physio today and in much pain! Sure will be fine in the morn though

aww poor you! very painful...take it easy hun, hope you feel better soon.

xx

Thanks Lelly, am working from home today, although not getting much done because pain killers making me drowsy! Hope you're well xxx

Back