Lizzie_T's food diary and tracker

MONDAY 2nd Jan 2017

Weight been around the 139 mark ... but I was too busy to write it up ... it's in my diary.

8 hours
... didn't weight myself
1 litre herbal tea and water
6,000 steps

B 1 Nakd bars one at 8 am, hungry at 3/10 before and 8/10 after.
L 1 Nakd bar at 12 noon, hungry at 3/10 before and 6/10 after. Later, 2pm, 1/2 cheese-free pizza & 4 chocolates 2/10 before and 8/10 after
D 2 large biscuits and 2 chocolates, 1 Nakd bar ... from 9pm to 10pm, about 3/10 before and 6/10 after.

Hi ... Thanks. Happy New Year to you also :)

TUESDAY

137.9 lb
7000 steps
2 litres water and herbal tea
7 hours sleep

B: nakd bar at 8am 3/10 hungry before and 6/10 after
Snack another nakd bar at 10am 4/10 hungry and 7/10 after
L: 1 almond bar, 1 veggie sushi box, choc biscuits (200 cals) ... 2/10 hungry before and 8/10 after at 1pm
Snack: 2 large dates with nuts and 3 biscuits 2/10 hungry and 8/10 after at 4pm
D: bowl of pasta with 2 biscuits at 7pm, 5/10 hungry before and 8/10 after

What kind of herbal tea do you drink? I know it's meant to be good for you, but I've only tried green tea & hate it, lol. Would love to find a low calorie, caffeine free drink that I like, especially at this time of the year!! X

Hi, I drink ROIBOOS tea, also known as Red Bush tea. It's mainstream. It looks a bit like English breakfast tea but it is completely free of caffeine. I also drink peppermint tea because it keeps me feeling full and I like the taste. There are others also, e.g. Spearmint if you can get it which is nice. You can make your own ginger and lemon but chopping this up in smallish chunks and pouring boiling water over it - that's especially good with honey if you are feeling a bit under the weather. I can't touch caffeine, and green tea has caffeine. Herbal teas have no calories at all. There are also flavored teas such as 'Berry tea' etc. which are mostly flavor and hot water, but I quite like them now and again. Sometimes I put a touch of stevia in which is a sweetener with zero calories and it is plant based, so has no nasties in it like the usual sweeteners. ... Hope that helps.

WEDNESDAY

138.3 lb ... everyone in the office groaning about having put weight on!!
6 hours sleep
6000 steps

B: 2 biscuits ...
Snack: a few grapes, a banana
L: 2 small slices bread with hummus and large amount of rocket, 1 soya yogurt, and choc biscuit
Snack: more grapes, 2 strawberries
D: 1 bowl pasta and 7 (aaahgh!) chocolates

REALLY tomorrow I'm going to be a bit more careful. I need to find a way to be a bit more calm at work and not let myself feel stressed.....

I never realised green tea had caffeine - for some reason I thought it was caffeine free! I've seen roobios tea before but never bought it as I didn't have a clue what it was! Do you drink it with milk?

It's the same in my office with everyone complaining about weight gain. Sorry that today was stressful, is your work stressful in general? Hope tomorrow's a better & calmer day xx

Yes, a better day ... my day off thanks v much :)
You can drink roobois tea with milk, you could make it nice and strong and so you probably wouldn't tell the difference and it has zero calories, zero caffeine, and has a sweet taste to it naturally. Worth a try...

THURSDAY

138.0 lb
10 hours sleep
15,000 steps
2 litres of herbal tea and water

B: toast with spread, fruit spread, and 2 weetabix wiht soya milk
Snack: 1/3 pasty
L: 3 tbs hummus, 1 flatbread, 1/3 fatoush salad, 1/3 rice and bean stew, 2 small vine leaf things, 1 fruit/nut health bar
D: 1 very small bowl pasta with tomato sauce, 4 biscuits and 5 chocolates

Thanks for the info. I'd love to find a zero calorie, zero caffeine drink that I enjoy so will buy some next time I'm in town.

I love the sound of your lunch! Kind of like a little mezze platter. Did you make any of the components yourself? X

SATURDAY

140 lb
2.5 litres peppermint tea and water
6 hours sleep plus 2 hour nap
10,000 steps

B: Weetabix x 1 and soya milk, porridge cashew milk, 1/2 banana and 1 choc biscuit
Snack: 2 slices cake
Late lunch (at a wedding) 1 yorkshire pudding, 2 potatoes roasted, vegetables x 3, some gravy, 4 bites of nut roast
Later: 1 choc brownie

I felt like I was constantly eating today and not really hungry. But reading this it doesn't seem so bad.
Early January, like everyone else, I'm feeling the need to diet my head off ... ! Logically it would be more effective long-term to eat just a little less each day.

Yeah I know what you mean about it being January... I think your food looks fine yesterday, I guess it depends how big the slices of cake were though. Considering you were at a wedding, I think you did great. I usually eat (& drink!) waaaay too much at weddings!

I got some of that roobios tea, & tried some. I see what you mean about it having a naturally sweet taste. I think I prefer regular tea, but hoping it's just cos I'm not used to it. As I don't want to have caffeine in the evening, so if the roobios grows on me it could be a good substitute!

Hope you're having a good day today :) xx

Hi there ... yes quite a good day really.
I think you might have to try drinking the Rooibos tea evenings when it's too late for caffeine. That might help. It's from Africa so I understand where people just love it. Personally I cannot take caffeine, it makes me feel ill, so I have forgotten what caffeine tea tastes like. I do remember being very addicted to it - to the point where I went to the doctor complaining of dizziness, which he said was because I was drinking 8 cups of coffee a day.

I was too tired to write much yesterday, but I meant to say that I have never made a hummus that tasted that great. I was at a friend's when I ate it last.

Yeah, the wedding was fun. My calorie intake just to stay the weight I am is 1250 if I don't exercise ... so yes, I overate massively. As you will see from today's report!!

Do you keep a food diary? Do you have any tips for keeping your weight down?

I've been reading the Daily Mail which has about 4 articles in today about weight loss ... most of it is just a rehash of what everyone knows already. Eat less exercise more eat veggies because they keep the appetite down ... job done!!

Thanks for writing.
Hope you are having a good day.

SUNDAY

140.1 lb - clothes tight - I really MUST do something now. I have noticed I just have no restraint when food is around. So today I planned my meals and promised myself food every 6 hours.
5 hours sleep - no wonder the scales are up, I need 7 hours, and I look jolly wrinkly today!
1 litre water
12,000 steps

B: at 6.30 am 2 weetabix with soya milk
Snack: 1/2 a banana (couldn't wait till 12)
L: 5 crackers, hummus, 200 ml fresh orange/carrot/ginger/celery juice at 12 noon
Snack: Small soya yogurt and 1 tangerine
D: 7.15pm 80g pasta with tomato ketchup (pretty gross but I'd run out of fresh tomatoes), 1 mince pie, 4 nuts, 1 large date and 1 biscuit

A lot more than I planned but I did feel a bit more in control today thank goodness.

I also have a pretty low calorie intake to maintain my current weight. One of the perils of being a shorty :(

I do have a diary, it's in the members section. I don't have any amazing tips unfortunately, I've really struggled with my weight for basically my whole life. The thing that works best for me is to keep my calories really low during the week & allow myself some wine & treats at the weekend. X

YAY I found your diary it's very funny. 'Snack: 1 bottle red wine ...'. Hoho.
Should I post my diary on the member site ... I wonder?

MONDAY

139.4 lb
1.5 litres water
7 hours sleep
10,000 steps

B: 2 weetabix and soya milk at 7.30am
Snack: banana at 10am
L: 2 small bread with hummus and rocket at 1pm
Snack: 25g dark chocolate and 1 nakd bar at about 3pm
And... from about 4-7 I ate quite a lot of grapes and another banana
D: spaghetti, courgettes, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms and 2 mince pies and 1 biscuit
Later ... small piece of chocolate

Not great really. I did have in mind to eat much less but now that I'm writing it up I can see it's quite a lot.
I am finding it quite stressful at work. I don't know why because I enjoy the work and like the people I work with. I'm a bit of a worrier ...

If you post in the members section, I think it means it won't come up in a google search. Also that area might be busier? So more people might read & comment on your diary. I think if you wanted to move it you can just send a message to one of the admin.

I'm also a worrier. And an emotional eater, so can put on weight very quickly when stressed! Maybe you could pre-prepare some low calorie snacks to have during the day? To try & have less chocolate, biscuits etc. Although I know when I'm stressed/struggling nothing can substitute for sugary snacks :(

Are you worried about anything in particular at work? Or is there anyone you can talk to? I know when I was feeling anxious a while ago talking to a colleague (who's also a friend) helped. I felt a bit stupid, as I wasn't anxious about anything in particular but I think keeping all my worries to myself made everything seem way worse than it actually was xx

Hi there, thanks for that, it's certainly something to think about. I will talk to someone ... Yesterday I bought a whole bunch of Nakd bars which taste like chocolate but are much healthier. Weight down again today.

TUESDAY
138.8 lb
7 hours sleep
1 litre water and herbal tea
10,000 steps

B: 3 weetabix with soya milk
S: -
L: 6 crackers with hummus, 1 nakd bar, 1 banana
S: 1 cracker and small bit of hummus, 1 banana
D: 3 slices toast small - 2 with baked beans and 1 with spread and fruit spread, 1 small soya yogurt, 2 biscuits.

WEDNESDAY

139.4 lb
9 hours sleep
11,000 steps

B: 2 weetabix and soya milk
Snack 1 banana
L: 2 slices bread with hummus and rocket, 1 nakd bar
Snack 1 banana
Snack 1 nakd bar
D brown rice with garlic, onion, tomatoes, pepper and lettuce, 1 biscuit and 1 yoghurt, 4 pieces of chocolate and several liquorice.

I might have to try one of those nakd bars, don't really buy that kind of thing as I always think of them as expensive. Would be nice to have a healthy alternative to chocolate though!! X

Same price as a snickers bar .... but half the calories, plus it has one of your five a day! I like the crunchy chocolate ones or mint choc ones best.

THURSDAY

138.4 lb
7 hours sleep
12000 steps

B: 1 slice toast, spread and honey at 7am
L: at 1.45pm 1/2 cheeseless pizza and salad with 1 tbs dressing
Snack: Snickers (Should've put a Nakd bar in my bag)
D: 1/4 pizza, 8 small pieces chocolate, 1 biscuit, 1 licorice

Back