Lizzie_T's food diary and tracker

Have you decided on this weeks reward yet?

Good that your stomach is flatter & you are more energetic :). Do you have a particular weight target you're aiming for? Xx

Hiya yes I booked a facial today - just 30 minutes - I'm going to have it on Thursday. I would like to get to 120 lb - I'm not sure whether this is realistic. I am 5'3" and at that weight I've felt quite energetic and happy. Anyway, at present, I feel heavy and walking is hard - I feel like I should drop at least 10 lb for my health!

TUESDAY

139.6 lb
1.5 litres water
5 hours sleep
8,000 steps

B: 1 small slice toast with spread and fruit spread
Snack 2 tangerines
L: bowl vegetable soup with piece of bread
Snack: 1 oat mix jar with almond milk, slice of toast with spread and fruit spread
D: 100g dried pasta with chopped tomato and 2 tbs pesto

Great diary :) love weighing daily too - you did so well to not really gain over xmas! Whats your calorie goal if you don't mind me asking or do you not count?

Thanks CF70 and Littlemisspiggy ... I don't count calories, although i do know that my intake should not exceed 1250 if I don't exercise!! I had it calculated. Low blood pressure / age. So to lose weight I have to eat about 1250 calories and go for a walk each day.

Last few weeks have been very poor at my daily walk and I've been eating around 1400 cals ... each time I've calculated. Weight has crept up ... just from overeating. I found fasting the best way to lose weight but then once I've stopped I just get the munchies, so I just try to control eating to when necessary daily. I feel it's a bit like joining the AA ... you know that you have to take a day at a time. But since Christmas I have been floundering. I don't want to spend money on expensive 'miracle cures' - nothing works long term except for making it a habit to just eat less.

To make it a bit easier, I try to eat stuff I really really like, not half like, not stuff that people put in front of me and try to make me feel guilty for not eating...

Anyway onwards and upwards!! Tomorrow is my day off so I find it easier to be controlled.

WEDNESDAY

140.2 lb
5 hours sleep
8000 steps
2 litres tea and water

B: 1 small slice bread, spread and fruit spread
L: small bowl veg soup with bread, 1 choc fondant (I was out with a friend) and one medium size scoop ice cream
Late snack: oat mix
D: 90g pasta, 1 tomato and 1 tbs of pesto, toast (very small) with almond butter

One more thing... I ate 2 Brazil nuts and 1 large biscuit. Just remembered!

I've rearranged my diary so I have space to write food down as I eat. I've let this habit slip lately!

Last edited:
THURSDAY

140.5 lb
6 hours sleep plus one hour nap during day
21,000 steps
2 litres herbal tea and water

B: small slice bread, spread and fruit spread, plus 1 tsp almond butter
L: handful of nuts, 50g spaghetti, a mix of veg/garlic and oat mix for pud
D: 50g spaghetti, mix of veg/garlic and 100g Christmas pudding (found it in pantry)

Around 1200 calories ... I don't really want to go back to calorie counting as I like to feel full and think that nature should be sorting this out. Years of yo-yo dieting apparently mess with your sense of when you are full. Anyway, need to get back on track!!

Yes it was - very nice ...

FRIDAY

139.3 lb
1.5 litres water and herbal tea
7 hours sleep
12,000 steps

B: 1 small slice bread, spread and fruit spread / tsp almond butter
Snack: 1 apple
L: 1 pitta bread, hummus, mixed leaves, 1 oat mix
D: 75g rice, 3 cups cooked vegetables mixed, 50g Christmas cake, 1/2 crumpet with 4 tsp almond butter

SATURDAY

139.1 lb
7.5 hours sleep
9,000 steps
1.5 litres water and about 1 litre herbal tea

B: 1 small slice bread, spread and fruit spread
Snack 2/3 small apple
L: 1 pitta bread with home made hummus and salad, 50g raisin bread
D: 100g pasta, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes; 50g raisin bread, 1 pot of oat mix, 1 bite Xmas cake

SUNDAY

138.6 Lb
7 hours Sleep
11,000 Steps
2.5 litres Water and herbal tea

B 2 slices home made bread, spread, fruit spread, almond butter
Snack - small piece of raisin sprouted bread
L 2 salad potatoes and hummus, 1 oatmix
Snack 1 small apple
D pasta with lentil bolognaise and 1 snickers bar

MONDAY

139 lb
7.5 hours sleep
14,0oo steps

B: 1 slice toast with fruit spread
Snack: 2 bites of Christmas pudding (left over from pantry)
L: oat mix
Snack: apple
D: onion, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans on toast - 4 x 1/2 slices - a bit of spread and jam on the 4th slice. Then a bite of Christmas pudding.

TUESDAY

139.4 lb
7 hours sleep
6,000 steps

B: 2 slices toast and fruit spread/spread
L: oat mix
Snack chocolate brownie
Snack later 3 crackers with veganaise
D: 100g pasta with mushrooms/garlic/tomatoes/onion and 1 slice toast with fruitspread/spread

I'm still eating my way through the pantry. I've saved stacks ... today I spent 45p in Marks on raisins that are out of date in 3 weeks & 3 mini packs of biscuits! That's all I've spent since Monday.... and on Monday I spent £6!!

WEDNESDAY
139.2 lb
1.5 litre Water
7 hours sleep
5000 steps

B 1 slice toast with spread & fruit spread
Snack 50g sprouted raisin bread
L 4 crackers with vegannaise & oat mix with 1 banana
Snack 9 biscuits (400 cals) & 4 crackers with mayo ... was working late till 7
D not really hungry but mae a beg and rice fish only ate v small portion of veggies mainly &

Last edited:
THURSDAY

140.2 lb
5 hour sleep plus 1 hour later in the day
2 litres water
14,000 steps

B 2 slices home made wholemeal bread, spread, fruit spread
Snack 1 piece small fruit cake
L rice & veg mix from day before plus 1 slice bread
D 2 slices bread with spread and fruit spread

FRIDAY

139.1 lb
8.5 hours sleep
9,000 steps
2 litres water and herbal tea

B 2 slices toast, spread, fruit spread
L 1.5 pitta bread with veganaise and mixed salad
D 1 muffin
Later small handful raisins and last small bit of Christmas pudding (about 30g or 1 heaped tbs!)

I know I said I don't count calories, but actually, I have gone back to doing it. I'm trying to keep below 1000 a day every now and then, hopefully at least twice a week. Also last two days I've had my dinner around 4pm and stopped eating after that, except for the odd little snack if hungry.

I was reading somewhere that staying at a good weight means being vigilante your whole life - it's like being an ex-smoker or an ex-drinker, you still have to combat the odd craving although it gets easier as time goes on.

I'm going to build up the number of burpees I do to about 10. Muscle burns fat and keeps the hunger pangs away!

Last edited:
SATURDAY

138.7 lb
2.5 litres water and herbal tea
6 hours sleep
20,000 steps

B 2 slices toast spread & fruit spread
Snack 1 banana
L 2 pittas with veganaise and mixed salad
Snack handful of dried cranberries
D 1 pasty Bombay potato & 80g chocolate

SUNDAY