Lizzie_T's food diary and tracker

Oh, when I've seen them I think they were about 99p each! Although I also find individual chocolate bars expensive, lol. I usually buy multipacks & only when they're on offer - good for the bank balance, but not necessarily the weight as the temptation is always there to eat several at once!! x

Yes I think multipacks are lower. There's an offer in Waitrose at buy one get the second one half price, I happened to notice, that they are 75p each and so the second one would be 37p... I'm seen them for 79p but multipacks at Tesco are much cheaper.

FRIDAY

138.6 lb
1/2 litre water and herbal tea
12000 steps
7 hours sleep

B: 2 x toast with spread and fruit spread
Snack: 4 pieces chocolate
L: 2 slices bread, rocket, hummus & 3 pieces of chocolate
Snack: 4 brazil nuts
D: 2 slices toast with hummus and red pepper, small soya yoghurt, 4 pieces of chocolate and 3 handfuls of licorice

SATURDAY

I got busy & can't remember exactly what I ate but I did miss dinner because I was working late.

SUNDAY

138.6 lb
6 hours sleep
1.5 litres water
12,000 steps

B: 2 slices toast, spread, and fruit spread, 1 piece chocolate
Snack: 2 prunes and apricots
L: 1 slice bread with hummus, 2 crackers, 4 pieces of chocolate
D: 1/2 portion of veggie sushi, 1 cup of miso soup, 1/4 portion of veggie noodles and 2 nakd bars, 4 pieces chocolate.

Just watched a great youtube video
7 Things You Can Do To Lose Weight Naturally

I'm going to do the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar tip. I think I do most of the others more or less.

MONDAY

139.4 lb
6 hours sleep
2 litres tea and water
6000 steps

B: 2 weetabix with almond milk
S: 4 pieces white chocolate
L: 2 small pieces bread with hummus and rocket, 2 nakd bars
S: 1 mince pie
D: 1 portion gnocchi with a mix of garlic, tomato, pepper, onion, mushroom, 4 pieces of white chocolate

There's an app on Android only which trains you to make healthy choices. I wish they had it for ipads so i could get one. They are currently crowdfunding it ... I'm keeping an eye open. I definitely need to make better choices.

TUESDAY

139.6 LB
5.5 hours sleep
1.5 litres tea and water
11,000 steps

B: 2 weetabix with almond milk
Snack: 1 dried apricot & 1 prune
L: 2 slices bread (100 cals each), hummus and 1/2 pack of rocket
Snack: 1 nakd bar, 1 strawberry, handful of blueberries
D: 1 portion gnocchi, with a mix of tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, peppers stir fried followed by 2 chocolates, 2 prunes and 1 nakd bar

So yesterday I DID drink lemon juice but that was AFTER my breakfast.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try lemon juice first and to eat breakfast after 8am. I read something today about trying to fast between 5pm and 8am.

WEDNESDAY

139.6 lb
4.5 hours sleep
2.5 litres water
9,000 steps

B: 2 weetabix and almond milk
Snack: a few blueberries
L: 2 bread with hummus and watercress, pot of low cal choc thing from M&S
D: 1 samosa, 1 piece cake small, 1 pot of mango slices
Later: 1 brazil nut and a very small vanilla yogurt soy

THURSDAY

138.6 lb
6 hours sleep
2 litres herbal tea and water
11,000 steps plus an hour working in the garage shifting things

B: 2 weetabix and 1 slice toast / spread / fruit spread
L: 2 toffee waffles (about 300 cals in total ... I felt sick afterwards ... next time i will make a healthier choice)
D: 1 pasty with potato curry inside, 2 dates, 25g dark chocolate and 2 brazil nuts

I'm doing the 15 hour fasting thing, so breakfast was at 8.30am, 15 hours after the last food (OK I cheated slightly, I did have a couple of spoons of yoghurt yesterday before bed) so today I ate at 5pm, so tomorrow breakfast at 8am or after.

FRIDAY

138.6 kg
5 hour sleep
1 litre of herbal tea and water
6,000 steps

B: 2 weetabix and soya milk 8am
L: 2 slices bread, hummus, salad, 2 nakd bars and 1 soya yogurt 1.30pm
D: white rice, mixed vegetable and chickpeas, dates/walnuts 7pm

SATURDAY

138.8 lb
7 hours sleep
2 litres water and herbal tea
10,000 steps

B: beans on toast 1.5 slices & 1 nakd bar about 8.15am
L: 2 bread, hummus, salad, 1 nakd bar about 2pm
D: - I didn't eat any dinner but then someone came round and brought me a plate of baklava which I ate all of it! I'm feeling very full. I think it must have been about 200g or maybe 250g. It was very good.

SUNDAY

139.2 lb
6 hours sleep
2 litres water / herbal tea
12,000 steps

B: 1 nakd bar and 1 hummus/bread/salad slice
L: Apple - large, 1 hummus/bread/salad slice
Snack 4 crackers with a bit of hummus
D Bento box with rice, yasai curry, 2 tempura vegetables - not very large still hungry
Snack 1 snickers bar and 1 slice fruit cake

Ooooh I haven't eaten baklava for absolutely ages! I love it when it's done well, although sometimes find it a bit dry & disappointing. Glad the one you had was good xx

Thanks ... someone gave me them from the Edgware Road, apparently they are Syrian. I must have used lots of calories due to the cold because my weight didn't sky rocket. !!

MONDAY

139.1 lb
1.5 litres herbal tea and water
8000 steps
6 hours sleep

B: 1 toast with spread and honey
L: 1 bread with hummus and mixed letteuce leaves (large handful)
Snack: 25g dark chocolate
D: Yasai Katsu Curry (there were 5 pieces of fried veg, I ate 3 and left some of the rice) and 3 Florentine biscuits
Later 2 dates

Last edited:
TUESDAY

139.1 lb
7 hours sleep
6000 steps
2 litre Water & herbal tea

B: 1 nakd bar 8am
Snack 1 nakd bar 10.30am
L: bread, hummus and rocket at 1pm
Snack. Ditto
D: 150g fresh pasta & tomato sauce, 1 Brazil nut, 1 toast spread & fruit spread, 1 date

WEDNESDAY

139.9 lb
7 hours sleep
2 litres water / herbal tea
5,000 steps (3 days without going for a walk!)

B: toast, spread, fruit spread x 1
S: 2 crackers with honey
L: 1 pain au chocolat
S: apple, 1 bread with hummus and rocket, 1 cracker with honey
D: medium bowl pasta with tomato sauce, 1 date, 1 nakd bar

THURSDAY

139.6lb
7 hours sleep
12,000 steps

B 1 slice toast, spread and fruit spread
L 2 cm cube of walnut/date mix (it's a block & you cut a piece off)
Snack 27g peanuts
D homemade veg stew with some chickpeas and pasta bits ink, basmati rice 6 heaped table spoons, plus 1 nakd bar plus 1 brazil nut
Later: piece of toast with spread and honey

I'm going to write down what I save in money but eating less. So avoiding processed food and eating out which are the main reasons for putting on weight. What I save I'm going to spend on MOI !! Haha ... Im going to book a facial for next week, if I haven't saved enough by 2 days before, I will cancel it.

Last edited:
I worked out approximately what I spend in food each week. So, eating out 1 x a week, probably about 10 health bars / or chocolate bars a week, plus weekly food spend ... plus pastries and probably about once a week I eat out for lunch. So I've figured out how much I spend just on my food. Then divided it by 7. So each day I write up what I've spent on food/eating out/ choc bars and so on. So far in 2 days I bought one bag of yeast, to make bread with (I'm using up the pantry stuff). I made bread this evening. It took me 10 minutes. So far, I've 'saved' 2 x daily food money minus £1.39 for the yeast.

I'm rather pleased with this, because it's bothered me for a while that I just buy whatever I fancy. It just feels a bit out of control.

FRIDAY

138.6 lb
2 litres of herbal tea
8,000 steps
8 hours sleep

B: 2 toast, spread and fruit spread
Snack - jar of porridge/cinnamon **
L: 3 tiny slices of raisin bread (the sprouted health food type)
D: bowl of vegetable stew with rice, 1 slice of toast with honey
Later: slice of toast and honey

** 50g oats, 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tbs raisins, 1 heaped tsp inulin (good for heart), 1 heaped tsp of flaxseeds (good for everything) ... so I prepped about 10 jars with this mixture, so they are half full of this mix, put the lids on and now all lined up in the pantry. I take one to work each day, pour almond milk on it right to the top of the jar, let it soak for the morning and then it's mushy like porridge, and eat it. I like it, the cinnamon taste is very strong, nice texture & healthy. It's probably quite calorific though because flaxseeds are oily, and so are oats. But after eating it I didn't eat anything for another 5 hours, which is quite good for me!

SATURDAY

139.1 lb
6 hours sleep
9,000 steps

B: 2 small slices home made bread with spread and fruit spread
Snack 1 croissant
L: at a buffet - chips and tomato ketchup 3 table spoons, 2 lightly dressed small salads, 2 chocolate creamy puddings quite small but dense, 2 small squares of blueberry cake (about 2cm square and 1/2 cm high), 1 profiterole, 1 white chocolate
D: 1 veggie burger and ketchup, 2 small slices of bread and honey with spread, 1 oat mix with soya milk

SUNDAY

139.1 lb
2 litres herbal tea
9,000 steps
5 hours sleep

B: 2 small slices homemade toast spread and fruit spread
Snack: 1 jar of oat mix and almond milk and 1 banana
L: 2 slices bread, veganaise and tomato/rocket (lots of rocket!)
D: 150g fresh pasta with small amount tomato sauce

MONDAY

139.2 lb
9 hours sleep
2 litres herbal tea and water
8,000 steps plus 1 hour pilates

B: 1 small slice home made bread with fruit spread and spread
Snack: 1 pot of oat mix with almond milk
L: 2 slices of bread with veganaise and rocket/tomato, 3 very thin small slices of Ezekiel raisin bread
D: small bowl of wasabi / nut mix, 1.5 small slices home made bread with baked beans and mushrooms, 1.5 slices with spread and honey
Later 1 brazil nut

I am working my way through the pantry. Freezer looks quite empty. So far this week I've spent #1.39 plus #2.20 ... but no weight loss although stomach is flatter and I feel more energetic than for a long while - probs due to no refined sugar. I need to give myself a reward out of the savings ...

Back