Lizz's "to Inslimity and beyond" diary

Yep, yep, yep I get you! I also got to a size 10 and love it and it can be very hard to then keep your goal in mind. We're wearing the clothes we wanted to be in, the compliments start coming, we feel a million times better than we did when we first started cd.... but still i want to achieve my goal!!!!!!

I still want to achieve my goal, but i think i have more time to dedicate to the last bit now and want to get there with something less restrictive.
I know it might sound mad, but my DH put it quite well....when i was fat, he got the whole need for SS, but at size 10 how can that need still be the same? And you know, i couldnt answer him!

So i figured that i have managed to lose so much so fast, that maybe slow and steady wins the race.....so i'm just taking my foot off the pedal a bit now.

I love the 1000 plan already....my first apple for SIX MONTHS!!!! It tasted so much nicer now than i have ever known! lol

Glad its not just me hun! :D

xx

Hi Lizz, I think you are making the right decision 100% You have come so far on this diet, made so many changes to your life that your goal to change has been achieved. Whether there are another or 7lbs to be lost in that well they can come, or not. For me, starting this diet and sticking to it was only possible as my mind was 1000% in the right place and moving off the strict part of this diet again was a mental change for me.

Enjoy the fruit, it does taste like nectar doesn't it! And the portions do seem huge at first but you will adapt to get back to standard portions.

I agree that you will have a massive amount to offer as a CDC and wish you all the best for the training. Also I am with you on the laptop pain, I chucked half a yoghurt on ours the other day and despite frantic cleaning the 3, 4 & 5 keys are not working that well. Oops, I am in trouble.

And I have posted a question about whether we can have a challenge thread on the maintenance pages and whatever the answer will set one up later today wherever it needs to go.

Have a good day today, hope work isn't too bad! xx

Lizz - this is excellent! Applying to be a CDC is ace - you'll be terrific! I'm still trying to decide whether I should or not, May go to the annual conference and see if I feel it might 'fit me'.

I didn't find the time of having products on any plan affected my weight loss. Or did I misunderstand what you mean? (entirely possible, I'm having a Migraine Day and my head is full of weird grey spongy stuff that does nothing useful :()

So pleased you have a plan that you're happier with - you will love 1000, even more after you've been on it a while. I stayed on it for a good few weeks. It's something I'd fall back to if I ever felt I needed to. You'll be on track in the blink of an eye - if you're not already there! xxx

Lizz,
Sounds like a great plan hon.. 1000 step is great.. I have been there for a while and really happy on it and how good is it to have fruit back in to your diet..
Just wanted to say hi as off to get ready as now running late.
Your doing fab hon x

Sound very focused Lizz, sending a hug.
xxx

aaahhh where did it all go wrong!

for some reason i have now noticed, i seem to have a "Wednesday Wobble"!

Yesterdays diary

B: CD Porridge and then 1 small toast with an egg
L: Salad and CD Shake. Some strawberries with yogurt (I dont drink milk)
D: 275g quorn, curly kale. I got half way through this before realising i'd forgotten to add the carbs! DOH!

POST highly impressive food day: 1/4 Ben and Jerrys, 2 pastries, 3 Cadburys dairy milks.

I have no idea why and i certainly didnt enjoy it! What a stupid thing to do...BUT....i have managed to identify that wednesdays are an issue for me (my DH works Wed-sat pm's) so will be thinking of many things to do to busy myself next week instead so at least i can take some lessons learned forward.

I have 7 weeks to go until my birthday so i am setting myself a challenge to lose 1 stone by then and taking me FINALLY into the 10's!

Today's food

B: 40g Muesli with splash of skimmed milk
L: Salad leaves with fat free dressing and a CD Banana shake
Snack: CD porridge
D: 275g Quorn, 40g Cous Cous and Curly Kale (AGAIN!!!!!) with some fruit and some yogurt for pudding.

THEN BED!!!!!!! i will not continue with last nights cycle so will be an early night tonight with my book and DS!
I dont even want the choc! Its insain really!
I love how good the food is tasting to me, i tried Celery again after 15 year of hating it...and YUP...still hate it, lol, and yet plums...always hated and i LOVE them! :D

So not all is lost! (she says clutching at straws in a desperate attempt!)

I'm doing myself a little spreadsheet now to check off that i have my 2 CD shakes, my breakfast, Salad for lunch and all elements of my dinner so i dont miss the carbs again! Just not happy with the carbs!

Oh well!

Today is another day and its going really well at the moment! :D:D:D
already done 4l of water and about 5 cups of peppermint tea so water-a-rama! lol

Hope everyone else is good today! :D

xx

Hey Lizz, hope you are getting through the day ok. My food choices have been diabolical lately, putting it down to having family around and big family meals and things but unless I plan on living the rest of my life on my own then I need to learn how to eat with other people. That is just in the same way you get coping strategies for your "Wednesday Wobble".

I have started a challenge thread up to 1 December so please join in ;)

Have a lovely early night with your book, you are doing fab x

nightmare 2 days.
Work has turned into a living hell with the boss telling me to get my stuff and f*** off in reply to a joke today. Not impressed. Now keeping a diary of all the incidents in case it needs to be taken further.

FINALLY come on tonight after over 2 months period free! I'm in pain but i do feel like it explains where this sudden need for choc has come from!

Eaten myself sick tonight! I do not have nice feelings towards chocolate right now and will be giving it up totally (even CD choc bar's) for the next 7 weeks.

I dread to think what the scales will say, but i accept my punishment!
I have been bad and i will suffer the consequences.
Talked today about going on SS to rectify! now know that's daft. 1000 is a perfect little plan as long as its followed properly! its just me thats not doing it any justice!

So Saturday 17th October is a fresh start!

Determined not to fall into old habits, i will be eating my 1000 cal plan with 100% dedication and accuracy as i did with SS and SS+!

I am DETERMINED to get into the 10's by my Birthday on 2nd December!

I might be writing on my diary more than usual to keep myself in check! Instead of turning to the chocolate, i will be writing my feelings down!

SOOOO relieved that i have come on though! If i have put on weigh, so be it!

Such is life!

I will not be beaten!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

xxxxx

Hey hon
Just responded to your other post on general cd forum but just wanted to say hang in there hon you have done so well and its a fresh start and you will be in the 10s for your birthday!
Totm is a pain especially when you dont know when its going to arrive which is the same with me!! URGHH its the craving of sugar that gets me too.
Hang in there hon your doing fab xx

Work sounds pretty grim... I don't envy you that boss. Hang on in there hun, you can do this...

xxx

i feel like i havent been on here for ages!!!!!!
my secret night time binges stopped on Friday night. I had a planned binge which made me feel oddly in control which was what i seemed to be lacking in up until that point.
I went to weigh in on saturday expecting a gain and was surprised to find i had lost 2lbs....but that's only becuase i wasnt eating "a la Disney" style so shouldnt be too impressed.
Sat and sunday i was on plan, yesterday there was a major drama where i ended up having to leave work early so DH and i ended up at pizza hut on route (didnt pig out like i would have) and then had a night on the sofa watching dvd's and eating Ben and Jerry's and dairy milk. So calorie wise, off the chart, but never mind hay.
I went out for a run on saturday and sunday, and i'm going for one tonight. Yesterday between pizza hut and the dvd date night, we went for a 3 mile walk! DH was unimpressed as he had pigged out at pizza hut, but i was determined not to just sit on my bum!
I feel a lot more "controlled" about the food at the moment. I'm enjoying having fruit and veg like i never thought possible. I also feel a lot more comfortable when i make a higher calorie choice as i have stepped the exercise up a lot.
I'm finally feeling at a point now where i feel balanced which is a first. DH laughed when i insisted we went for a walk, and then ate chocolate....but i kept saying to him (and to myself) its all about balance!

I know i have to make sure i stick to plan now until weigh day and i'm comfortable with that. I had a nice day yesterday, but that was yesterday. Onwards to the weekend and weigh in on saturday.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting food wise as i am at a conference all day but i'll have breakfast before i go and just pick small wise choices in the day so will keep the control.

All in all, considering everything going on at the moment, food just seems to be plodding on ok in the background.

Work is another matter! I HATE IT!
I am now keeping a diary of everything that is going on here and will more than likely have to take it all to HR in the future. Just keeping my head down and getting on with it at the moment.

my DH had PJ-Day at nursery tomorrow so she went in her favourite PJ's, slipper and her fab dressing gown! She looked fab! all for charity of course but it was super seeing her getting so excited about it!

So food for today:

B: Butterscotch Shake, 2 plums and 2 satsumas
L: A&C Porridge with lots of berries
D: Warm Tuna salad (tuna with new potatoes and cucumber).
P: 1 apple stewed in water and sweetener with some yogurt (as i dont drink milk).

The only thing i dont manage in the day is the bowl of "salad"....i just find it odd....so i'm not having it at the moment!

I'm finding myself referring to my eating less and less now, and i've stopped going on about having good days and bad days....i just have days where i make healthy choices and stay on plan, and then days where i go above my calories and come off plan. All effect the scales one way or the other....so it has its consequence!

I know my trousers are a little snug today, probably becuase i'm bloated from the food i had yesterday. But i'm looking forward to my salad tonight after my run!

Its all starting to piece together!

Hope everyone else is having a fab day! :D

xx

Glad you're working it all out. Sometimes it gets tough and other times it seems easy...... all madness. Glad i'm not the only one xxx hugs x

afternoon, a rare lunch break is giving me the opportunity to get on here and update my diary.

noticed a VAST improvement with my eating habits and the cravings.
I am craving fruit like there is no tomorrow, so i know i am exceeding slightly there, but i can live with that to be fair :D

Yesterday i had:
B: 1 apple and a CD Shake
L: 2 plums, CD porridge, 2 satsuma's
D: Quorn, asparagus and new potatoes.
P: 1 apple stewed with yogurt.

Today, pretty similar:

B: 1 Apple and 2 plums
L: CD Porridge with some blueberrys, CD banana shake
D: Tuna (I am so bored of tuna!), 40g wholemeal pasta and green beans.
P: 1 stewed apple with yogurt

YUM!
Slightly bored of tuna at the moment, slightly being an understatement....but i keep forgetting to get the chicken out the freezer so i will make sure i do that tonight for tomorrow!
Got the in-laws coming over for sunday lunch, so not sure what to do yet that wont make me look odd! lol. Sunday afternoon i'm travelling to Bristol as i have a course on monday so will be taking my shakes and some fruit with me and then breakfast is in the hotel so that's sorted!

It feels so comforting to be back in the driving seat! Let's hope the scales say the same thing tomorrow morning! EEEK! It will be my 2nd weigh in on 1000 plan, so guessing it wont be much but considering i lost 2lbs having eaten a LOT of chocolate, i'm hoping compared to last week my body is noticing the reduction of calories! Fingers crossed! :D

xx

Well done on the 2lb loss Lizz, just read the December challenge thread!!

Hey Lizz, hope all is good with you x

not doing too well at the moment!
Up's and far too many downs!
Not much use to anyone at the moment where food is concerned!
Staying away

Love to you all

xxx

Back