LJ July-December 2012

Ooh look what I just found...

"Ladies fitness program to start in June. Weigh-in inch, loss, diet advice
Plus personal trainer three time a week Monday-Wednesday-Friday
5 to 8pm £20 per month"

This is JUST what I need! I am going to ring in the morning. This is at a local old-school boxing gym round the corner. Better use of £20 a month than to just weigh in and chat at SW group as I do now.

My new motto: blood, sweat and tears :)

I have picked myself up and I'm going strong. Time to pick up the pace and see what I'm made of.
Wow, that's an amazing price as well!
Am thinking of starting the Couch to 5 k thing but am a bit worried that I might set off a series of earthquakes....

Haha! I'm sure you won't :) I did the first session of c25k but I didn't keep it up. I think it's a great plan though, I was just too slack about sticking with it.

You should try it - do u use the road or treadmills?

Haha! I'm sure you won't :) I did the first session of c25k but I didn't keep it up. I think it's a great plan though, I was just too slack about sticking with it.

You should try it - do u use the road or treadmills?
It would have to be the road... as we live in a rural area, it would also probably involve a lot of balletic leaps over cowpats :D

Alderica said:
It would have to be the road... as we live in a rural area, it would also probably involve a lot of balletic leaps over cowpats :D

Brilliant, nothing like a cowpat to keep you on your toes! :D do you do any exercise at the moment? I have been really bad at sticking at, but turning over a new leaf from tomorrow.

Brilliant, nothing like a cowpat to keep you on your toes! :D do you do any exercise at the moment? I have been really bad at sticking at, but turning over a new leaf from tomorrow.

Hmm.... define exercise. Does that include chasing a hyperactive 11 year old around the landscape? If not, then no *lol* Although I walk and cycle a lot because I don't have a car and the public transport here is rubbish.
Good luck with your exercise program xx

OK, I have yet again been a bit slack with recording my intake, but I am firmly on track.

breakfast: Yoghurt, raspberries and apple
lunch: chicken salad, heb wholemeal bread, 2 syns low fat spread
dinner: chicken (again!), beans, baked potato, peppers, onions, beetroot and cottage cheese
snack: galaxy ripple (9 syns)

I start my boxing/weightloss club tomorrow, and I am really nervous :hmm:Silly really, as deep down I know it will be fine. Its just how I am :D I am going to go get all my gym kit ready in a few minutes, put a massive bottle of water in the fridge and get a good night's sleep. I told the lady who runs the group I am doing slimming world, and she said it was a great eating plan, and one she recommends to people as she did it herself. Thats a relief, I was worried they'd be preaching a different message, but it sounds like they're all about the BURN which is just what I need right now. I am ready to finish this journey at a decent pace, instead of below-par. The more effort I put in, the more I will get out of it.

I listened to the audiobook for Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules" last night. It didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but it definitely helped to refocus me today. I have jotted the rules down, I might stick them on the fridge for a daily reminder.

Oooh good luck - you're braver than me!! What's this "Skinny Rules" thing?

Alderica said:
Oooh good luck - you're braver than me!! What's this "Skinny Rules" thing?

Skinny rules is a book by bob harper from biggest loser. It's ok, a lot of things I already know though :)

The boxing was amazing - loved it and had one hell of a workout. Can't wait to go back Wednesday :)

Well, I have not been keeping up my diary at all lately :( I have been on plan, and losing though.

I unfortunately fell off the wagon last week, and am expecting to see the effects on thursday. Then it is my wedding, so another gain for sure, then I am back, 100% on plan and keeping my poor sad diary up to date!

Today I have had:

31st July 2012
Banana, yoghurt,
2 wm Toast (b) with lf spread (2 syns)
Pasta with bacon (b), spinach, mushrooms, onions and 75 g philly light (6 syns)
Milk allowance (a)
2 apples
Total: 8 syns

1st August 2012

Egg on hb wholemeal toast
Banana
Mug shot
Beef sandwich (9 syns), 2 apples, yoghurt, banana
Skinny cow (5 syns)

Total 14 syns

Totally unimpressed with my food today, not nearly nutritious enough! I have been fighting a binge urge tonight, and my mind is already thinking of junk to binge on after WI tomorrow. I'm NOT going back to binge eating, it's that simple. I am going to think up a tasty, on-plan treat meal for tomorrow night. Maybe mac and cheese and a little choccie for afters.

I ate too much bread today, and nowhere near enough superfree. I have not got a plan for tomorrow, and I am on the go all day with work, so I am going to come up with a strategy so I make good choices. I should have gone shopping really. Determined to have a good august and most importantly... NO BINGES!!!

1st August 2012

Egg on hb wholemeal toast
Banana
Mug shot
Beef sandwich (9 syns), 2 apples, yoghurt, banana
Skinny cow (5 syns)

Total 14 syns

Totally unimpressed with my food today, not nearly nutritious enough! I have been fighting a binge urge tonight, and my mind is already thinking of junk to binge on after WI tomorrow. I'm NOT going back to binge eating, it's that simple. I am going to think up a tasty, on-plan treat meal for tomorrow night. Maybe mac and cheese and a little choccie for afters.

I ate too much bread today, and nowhere near enough superfree. I have not got a plan for tomorrow, and I am on the go all day with work, so I am going to come up with a strategy so I make good choices. I should have gone shopping really. Determined to have a good august and most importantly... NO BINGES!!!

Go you!!!!
Erm just a question though....what on earth is a "skinny cow"?? *lol*

Alderica said:
Go you!!!!
Erm just a question though....what on earth is a "skinny cow"?? *lol*

Haha skinny cow is a low fat ice cream we get in the UK. They're nothing special, but I needed a sweet treat!

3.5 off tonight. I am pleased, but just been to see my gran in hospital, she's not well at all, and can't come to my wedding on Tuesday :((

Back