LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Mo - I keep meaning to thank you for mentioning the 'Allotment Challenge' on tv a few weeks ago - I've been following it - it's on now - I've learnt lots of tips and have enjoyed it - I'm not a big tv fan usually - so thank you!!

Oh thats brilliant - I am so glad. Im hooked on the cooking programmes- Masterchef and the Great British Menu. :)

Oh thats brilliant - I am so glad. Im hooked on the cooking programmes- Masterchef and the Great British Menu. :)

We'd make a good team then - LJ, CJ and I will grow the veg and you, Doreen and Bubble can turn them into lovely meals!!

You wouldnt get to see the meals Id eat them as I dish up!!!

You wouldnt get to see the meals Id eat them as I dish up!!!

You'd have to be quick to beat me to it - my mean side comes out if anyone/thing gets between me and my grub LOL!! :eat:

Oh dear oh dear it cant be helped. These things happen thats why we are all here. Its over. Done. Draw a line and move on. Your both fine. :)

Thx - I've got my just desserts - I feel yucky now!

Hello Everybody. The weather was beautiful today and I spent much of the day watching the world at the harbour.
Fod today- 2 toast. 1 crab sandwich. Tea- 2 bowls of butternut squash and sweet potato soup and 3 slices of bread and melon. :)

Oooh that sounds idyllic - the weather makes such a difference us doesn't it - and there's something really special about being at the waterside too!! Another good day's food!!

Hi - I'm late with my Minis catch up today - Phil took the day off and somehow it's been busier than ever! It's very quiet here today - 'spoken' to Mo - hope Doreen's ok? Hope CJ and LJ will come back soon - feels strange without them! Here's how my food went:

B: boiled egg and cherry tomatoes and an orange
L: SW veg soup and 2 apples
T: SW chicken curry and rice - Toffee Mullerlight mixed with fat free greek yogurt, almond & vanilla extract - 2 glace cherries "syns?? and 6 peanuts part HEB

Hello upndown your food was brilliant today. Ive just added 4 snack ajacks and 2 laughing cow triangles.

Hello upndown your food was brilliant today. Ive just added 4 snack ajacks and 2 laughing cow triangles.

Thanks but I'm nowhere near as consistent or have such small amounts of food as u!! I'm off to bed now - and hope I don't have an attack of the night-time munchies and come down to raid the cupboards!!

Hello. Its lovely to hear from you Doreen. I hope you managed to sort out your hair appointment. Its a shame they have all been away in the rough weather. I think you are right though it is forecast good now to the weekend. I did my wi this morning and think I have lost 3 lbs but of course with all this fuss with doctors scales Im not positive. Im now going to stick with my scales each week. Upndown I hope Poppy is a bit better today. I hope JUne coe soon for her. Mo :)

Ooooh just read this post - that's brilliant to have a 3lb loss - not that I'm surprised - u are sticking to the plan like glue!!

Over 50`s was closed so went to the town and had a look around.l Bit of body magic!

I have just had one of my sisters on the phone because her 38yr old son had a horrific nosr bleed yesterday and was taken to hospital on blue lights. The hospital got it to stop and said t would need quarterising (spelling) the ENT Dept said they can only do it while it was bleeding and sent him home. He had another bad one while he was asleep, his partner had to wake him.. They with their gp at the moment. What my Val rang for was to see if I could stay with him overnight tomorrow and most of Friday. He is really scared as there are big clots too. Anyway, she is hoping it will not be nec now, don`t know what GP can do.
Val is concerned because he Husband had triple by pass last year and he has had small clots on the brain due to being put on heart bypass which has nowkilled some of his brain and he gets very confused and she don1t want to leave him on his own.

It makes me realise how well and fit I am compared to the others. I am 70 this year and am the second eldest, very lucky me so far. The rest are not well people.

It is such a shame that families move so far away from one another these days because it makes it so much harder to help each other.

My food for today

Milk for t and coffee
2 bananas. Beef & carrots from the freezer with 2 smalll McCain jackets for 2 syns and fresh tomatoes
Gravy grans say 3
5 Syns

May go and get weighed in the morning in case I end up going to nephew tomorrow.

Oh Doreen I was sorry to read that - ur poor nephew - I'm sure it's very frightening for him - u are a kind soul to be travelling around to help ur family - I'm sure they appreciate that - glad too that ur in good health - must be all this good food ur eating!!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone - hope u've all had a good day in the sun?

Well we've had our hall decorated this week - looks nice and fresh but :booboo: with one of the paint colours - a real clash - damn - even my husband thinks it's bad and he can hardly tell black from white!! Well it's only in a small area so I'll repaint it! Better progress in the garden - things grow like mad at this time of year don't they - esp the weeds!

I've tried to eat sparingly during the day as we've been to a party tonight - but felt v hungry in the day so had more than planned - so offered to drive to keep away from the drink! Here's how the food went:

B: 2 boiled eggs & cherry toms - getting a habit now but it's easy, quick and fills me up
Snack: apple
L: bacon and egg - with an oatcake 2 syns a spot of ketchup 1 syn - and a toffee Mullerlight.
Party grub: cold meats and lots of interesting salads chose ones with no dressing, 3 profiteroles (8 syns??) and strawberries, diet cokes

Milk in 2 coffees - part HEA

TOTAL SYNS = 11???

PS: whilst looking for syn value of profiteroles I found this SW recipe for them - they look yummy so will try them out and report back http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...olate-profiteroles-trial-recipe-no-1-a-2.html

Last edited:
Hello. I hope everyone has had a lovely day. I dont think Iput yesterdays food on so I will do the two days. I love this weather its really brilliant.
Satuday- 2 slices toast. Lunch- trout with m&s count on us cauliflower cheese. Dinner- beef hotpot. Raspberries and mullerlight yoghurt.
I did my equivalent to 40 lengths swim.
Sunday- half a slice of toast. Crab sandwich. Beans on 1 slice of toast. banana sliced in banana mullerlight yoghurt. :)

Hello. I hope everyone has had a lovely day. I dont think Iput yesterdays food on so I will do the two days. I love this weather its really brilliant.
Satuday- 2 slices toast. Lunch- trout with m&s count on us cauliflower cheese. Dinner- beef hotpot. Raspberries and mullerlight yoghurt.
I did my equivalent to 40 lengths swim.
Sunday- half a slice of toast. Crab sandwich. Beans on 1 slice of toast. banana sliced in banana mullerlight yoghurt. :)

ur doing well Mo - glad ur here to talk too! hope everyone is ok! Here's today's food:

B: Boiled egg and cherry toms

L and T combined which we took & cooked at my elderly mother in law's - so a bit picnic style! chicken, gravy 1 syn (used a colman's chicken instant gravy paste - just needed boiling water - never used b4 but ok and v low Syns but not as nice as the meat juices version - but might be handy in the van Mo?? Purple broccoli from garden - it's going on for ever! Green broccoli, sweet corn, carrots, cauli and petit pois - veg overload as mother in law now only really eats veg and sweet things!

tiny piece of choc cheesecake 5 Syns?? Freddo choc 5 Syns - 1 roastie 2 Syns?? so 13 Syns in total ??

Snacks - 3 satsumas

We went for a riverside walk in the sunshine for about 45 mins too!

Eerily quiet here ladies hope everyone's ok - trying to be 110% on plan today as it's my WI 2moro - I'd be delighted to lose a pound - my scales haven't been consistent (bit like their owner!) so think I've lost a half or a pound up to this morning -I'll pop back later to catch up on ur posts!

Hello. Your roast dinner for your mother in law sounded brilliant with all of those vegetables! wonderful. Thatsounds like a great weightloss too! are you going to group tomorrow? I seemed to do an awful lot of walking today. I was in town and had a few jobs to do but decided to look for a summer dress. So i trailed around shops , never stopping always looking and bought...... nothing lol. I then swam my equvalent of 40 lengths.
Breakfast 2 toast . lunch- trout with m&s count n us low fat cauliflower cheese. Im currently cooking leek and potato soup for tea. :)

Hi - yes I know what u mean about walking around town - it can be tiring with all that plodding about and frustrating for u to come away with nothing! U did well not to go for a coffee and a cake!

But if ur like me - I'm resisting buying too many clothes at the moment cos I'm hoping I'll be in a smaller size soon - but as ur good at sewing - can u alter ur clothes?

Still hoping to lose either a half or a pound at class in the morning - here's today's effort!

B: oats HEB, fat free yogurt, berries
Snack: 2 satsumas
L: chicken salad with sweet chilli sauce 2 syns and a banana
T: bacon, 1 Joe's* sausage (no syns I think) egg, tomato and beans - toffee greek style yogurt - fat free
2 Coffees with milk - part HEA water

*Joe's sausages are available online in lots of nice flavours but a local shop is now selling them - they seem to be syn free - I'll have to check on the website though.

You might like this story - I had a haircut today - not happy with it - but when I picked Poppy us from school she was horrified and very sympathetic - she wasn't happy with the hairdresser at all and said the cut was ridiculous then corrected herself and said "no, it's horrendous!!

Back